Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar

Diablo 3 dupe cheat is a joke

Anyone with minimal knowledge of programming knows how big of a fail the duping bug is:

It has already been fixed but, lol, embarrassing.

EDIT: Create an auction, sell the item. Change the windows system clock to before your sale was done, and cancel it. Your item is back, yet the gold from the sale is already in your account.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 12-06-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: less swearing in thread titles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Nobody has shown any proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Nobody has shown any proof of this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    What's with all the swearing in thread titles of late exactly? Some of us peruse the forums at work. Keep it civil and the forums WS in future please.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 12-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Network Hub
    Blizzard doing an upstanding job as always. They want to do everything server side then tie the auction to the local system clock.

Theres a rumour they're going to roll back the servers. Again.

Good to see the DRM is working to protect the economy aint it?
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

@meneaito: a comment from one of the videos you posted(before the triple post trim): "as soon as an item sells, it disappears from the list. Changing the time back only makes those cancel buttons show on unsold items, it doesn't do anything for sold ones."

And even if this worked as you say it does, what's your point? Do you actually expect to get PERFECT software, without any bugs, software that will never require any patches? What was that about minimal programming knowledge again?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    And even if this worked as you say it does, what's your point? Do you actually expect to get PERFECT software, without any bugs, software that will never require any patches? What was that about minimal programming knowledge again?
    I am not sure this is really a "bug", more of an oversight or just ignorance on the part of the programmer.

@meneaito: a comment from one of the videos you posted(before the triple post trim): "as soon as an item sells, it disappears from the list. Changing the time back only makes those cancel buttons show on unsold items, it doesn't do anything for sold ones."

Menaito?

And you are telling me that using system clock for remote operations is good practice? Not talking about bugs here, but awful design/implementation choices, that any minimal code review would have caught. Have you ever worked in any project longer than a thousand lines? stuff like this can get me fired every day.

Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    I am not sure this is really a "bug", more of an oversight or just ignorance on the part of the programmer.
    This

>>>And you are telling me that using system clock for remote operations is good practice? Not talking about bugs here, but awful design/implementation choices, that any minimal code review would have caught. Have you ever worked in any project longer than a thousand lines? stuff like this can get me fired every day.

I'm not saying it's good practice, I'm saying stuff like that can and will happen and if it can get you fired it means you're working for a crappy company that doesn't care about its employees. Oversights/bugs are normal and you shouldn't get fired for a problem that the QA dept didn't think to check for.

I'm not saying it's good practice, I'm saying stuff like that can and will happen and if it can get you fired it means you're working for a crappy company that doesn't care about its employees. Oversights/bugs are normal and you shouldn't get fired for a problem that the QA dept didn't think to check for.
    Seriously, in what world do you live in? Are you talking just because you have to defend Blizzard? Are you in a bubble outside of reality where million-dollar-worth software errors (not bugs, this is far from being a bug) do not cost people's jobs? Wake up to reality.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    What's with all the swearing in thread titles of late exactly? Some of us peruse the forums at work. Keep it civil and the forums WS in future please.
    I'm annoyed with the negative opinion thread titles for a while now, most of them saying " This game/tv show sucks" etc. In my opinion threads like those should be locked/deleted instantly or we need a mod approval system if people aren't willing to behave themselfs and make threads with the title " <gametitle/showtitle> Impressions/discssion" for example.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I'm annoyed with the negative opinion thread titles for a while now, most of them saying " This game/tv show sucks" etc. In my opinion threads like those should be locked/deleted instantly or we need a mod approval system if people aren't willing to behave themselfs and make threads with the title " <gametitle/showtitle> Impressions/discssion" for example.

I'm not fussy if someone what's to say game sucks etc, though I get your point that there's a lot of the sky is falling title posts (everything is terrible, nothing is good any more). However I do want to be able to read the forums in a lunch hour and not worry that when I hit new posts the top thread title sat on my gignormous work monitor in easy viewing distance of pretty much everyone else (gotta love open plan) is not 'Fuck you EA/Activision/Jonathan Blow !!! (insert diatribe)!!!' Die in a fire!!!

Save the rage for the small text.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'm not fussy if someone what's to say game sucks etc, though I get your point that there's a lot of the sky is falling title posts (everything is terrible, nothing is good any more). However I do want to be able to read the forums in a lunch hour and not worry that when I hit new posts the top thread title sat on my gignormous work monitor in easy viewing distance of pretty much everyone else (gotta love open plan) is not 'Fuck you EA/Activision/Jonathan Blow !!! (insert diatribe)!!!' Die in a fire!!!

Save the rage for the small text.
    So you can change YOUR behaviour to suit YOUR situation, or EVERYONE ELSE can change THEIR behaviour to suit YOUR situation.

Only child much?

Oh god did i miss this week's episode?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    How will you live with such same, Pakoito? how?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    How will you live with such same, Pakoito? how?
    Sospecho que te conozco de algun otro lado, pero no caigo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Eehh, pues no sé, de veeeez en cuando posteo en EOL, otro sitio no se me ocurre. El mensaje de antes no iba con segundas, ojo, era sin más seguir la coña.

P.S. For the Spanish-disabled, Pakoito wonders whether we've perhaps already met before around the internet.

There were a couple of guys stalking me here and on twitter, thought you may be one :P