Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850

    Diablo 3 dupe cheat is a joke

    Anyone with minimal knowledge of programming knows how big of a fail the duping bug is:



    It has already been fixed but, lol, embarrassing.

    EDIT: Create an auction, sell the item. Change the windows system clock to before your sale was done, and cancel it. Your item is back, yet the gold from the sale is already in your account.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 12-06-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: less swearing in thread titles

  2. #2
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Nobody has shown any proof of this.

  3. #3
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Nobody has shown any proof of this.

  4. #4
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,463
    What's with all the swearing in thread titles of late exactly? Some of us peruse the forums at work. Keep it civil and the forums WS in future please.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 12-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  5. #5
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    356
    Blizzard doing an upstanding job as always. They want to do everything server side then tie the auction to the local system clock.

  6. #6
    Lesser Hivemind Node Bhazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    734
    Theres a rumour they're going to roll back the servers. Again.

    Good to see the DRM is working to protect the economy aint it?
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

  7. #7
    Network Hub lhzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RO
    Posts
    116
    @meneaito: a comment from one of the videos you posted(before the triple post trim): "as soon as an item sells, it disappears from the list. Changing the time back only makes those cancel buttons show on unsold items, it doesn't do anything for sold ones."

    And even if this worked as you say it does, what's your point? Do you actually expect to get PERFECT software, without any bugs, software that will never require any patches? What was that about minimal programming knowledge again?

  8. #8
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    And even if this worked as you say it does, what's your point? Do you actually expect to get PERFECT software, without any bugs, software that will never require any patches? What was that about minimal programming knowledge again?
    I am not sure this is really a "bug", more of an oversight or just ignorance on the part of the programmer.

  9. #9
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    @meneaito: a comment from one of the videos you posted(before the triple post trim): "as soon as an item sells, it disappears from the list. Changing the time back only makes those cancel buttons show on unsold items, it doesn't do anything for sold ones."

    And even if this worked as you say it does, what's your point? Do you actually expect to get PERFECT software, without any bugs, software that will never require any patches? What was that about minimal programming knowledge again?
    Menaito?

    And you are telling me that using system clock for remote operations is good practice? Not talking about bugs here, but awful design/implementation choices, that any minimal code review would have caught. Have you ever worked in any project longer than a thousand lines? stuff like this can get me fired every day.

    Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    I am not sure this is really a "bug", more of an oversight or just ignorance on the part of the programmer.
    This

  10. #10
    Network Hub lhzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RO
    Posts
    116
    >>>And you are telling me that using system clock for remote operations is good practice? Not talking about bugs here, but awful design/implementation choices, that any minimal code review would have caught. Have you ever worked in any project longer than a thousand lines? stuff like this can get me fired every day.

    I'm not saying it's good practice, I'm saying stuff like that can and will happen and if it can get you fired it means you're working for a crappy company that doesn't care about its employees. Oversights/bugs are normal and you shouldn't get fired for a problem that the QA dept didn't think to check for.

  11. #11
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by lhzr View Post
    I'm not saying it's good practice, I'm saying stuff like that can and will happen and if it can get you fired it means you're working for a crappy company that doesn't care about its employees. Oversights/bugs are normal and you shouldn't get fired for a problem that the QA dept didn't think to check for.
    Seriously, in what world do you live in? Are you talking just because you have to defend Blizzard? Are you in a bubble outside of reality where million-dollar-worth software errors (not bugs, this is far from being a bug) do not cost people's jobs? Wake up to reality.

  12. #12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    What's with all the swearing in thread titles of late exactly? Some of us peruse the forums at work. Keep it civil and the forums WS in future please.
    I'm annoyed with the negative opinion thread titles for a while now, most of them saying " This game/tv show sucks" etc. In my opinion threads like those should be locked/deleted instantly or we need a mod approval system if people aren't willing to behave themselfs and make threads with the title " <gametitle/showtitle> Impressions/discssion" for example.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I'm annoyed with the negative opinion thread titles for a while now, most of them saying " This game/tv show sucks" etc. In my opinion threads like those should be locked/deleted instantly or we need a mod approval system if people aren't willing to behave themselfs and make threads with the title " <gametitle/showtitle> Impressions/discssion" for example.

    I'm not fussy if someone what's to say game sucks etc, though I get your point that there's a lot of the sky is falling title posts (everything is terrible, nothing is good any more). However I do want to be able to read the forums in a lunch hour and not worry that when I hit new posts the top thread title sat on my gignormous work monitor in easy viewing distance of pretty much everyone else (gotta love open plan) is not 'Fuck you EA/Activision/Jonathan Blow !!! (insert diatribe)!!!' Die in a fire!!!

    Save the rage for the small text.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  15. #15
    Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'm not fussy if someone what's to say game sucks etc, though I get your point that there's a lot of the sky is falling title posts (everything is terrible, nothing is good any more). However I do want to be able to read the forums in a lunch hour and not worry that when I hit new posts the top thread title sat on my gignormous work monitor in easy viewing distance of pretty much everyone else (gotta love open plan) is not 'Fuck you EA/Activision/Jonathan Blow !!! (insert diatribe)!!!' Die in a fire!!!

    Save the rage for the small text.
    So you can change YOUR behaviour to suit YOUR situation, or EVERYONE ELSE can change THEIR behaviour to suit YOUR situation.

    Only child much?

  16. #16
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    Oh god did i miss this week's episode?

  17. #17
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,813
    How will you live with such same, Pakoito? how?

  18. #18
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    How will you live with such same, Pakoito? how?
    Sospecho que te conozco de algun otro lado, pero no caigo.

  19. #19
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,813
    Eehh, pues no sé, de veeeez en cuando posteo en EOL, otro sitio no se me ocurre. El mensaje de antes no iba con segundas, ojo, era sin más seguir la coña.

    P.S. For the Spanish-disabled, Pakoito wonders whether we've perhaps already met before around the internet.

  20. #20
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    There were a couple of guys stalking me here and on twitter, thought you may be one :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •