Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Network Hub
    Out of curiosity - anyone seen any "twas me! I'm l33t!" claims over this?

I'm kinda of the thinking that there are two kinds of peeps doing this sort of thing out there - those that are ego-driven (Lulz, Anon, feck only know what Jester, Poison etc are out for but ego seems to play a huge part), and those that are more sinister. The ones that shut the feck up and make use of what they find are more scarysome. Not seen any ego-driven claims over this one which makes me suspect the latter scenario is in play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Well there was that weird story about how some opportunist hacker basically funnelled off a whole bunch of Deep Web moneys which is kind of interesting: -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...f-bitcoin-hack

The people who trade in Bitcoin are very much on the fringe (of anything acceptable) so to speak.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 24-06-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Activated Node
    Yup, got the same email this morning as well, clever me, my account name was my real full name. Now to try remember my password to login and change my details.

/edit

Upon further inspection, I can find no way to log back into the account to retrieve my numerous CD keys. Good job Bioware.
    Last edited by Jacques; 24-06-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Jacques they reset the passwords. You basically follow the link in the original mail or hit the forgot button to reset it for them to generate a new one.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Activated Node
    I didn't have that link in my email, only one to a FAQ about the hack.
    This is for the old accounts on the Neverwinter Nights forums, right? Because I can't even find how to get back to those to generate a new password. My new EA Social account isn't linked to my old Bioware one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't quite understand this. I got an email about this asking me to reset my password, but as far as I was aware I've never had a BioWare account before. So when I reset my password for my supposed account at the EA site, it then gave me a list of EA games I've registered with the account, with a single game on, one I bought from Steam but haven't played yet. I'm puzzled. Has Valve been sharing my email address with publishers? If so then it's time to stop using Steam too.

TBH I think the NWN forums were taken down some time ago Jacques. If there were a link still for them it would be at www.bioware.com

Probable Replicant

Activated Node
    I'm pretty sure you're right, Google searching my name and Bioware found a link to the forum, but it just redirected to www.bioware.com.
    Oh well, no real harm done, I think I've repurchased all the game I had on that account on my Steam account anyway.

They kind of rolled everything into the bioware social iirc and that tied into your EA account (I remember linking one to the other at some point). You might well find that you can recover your password from the Bioware social forums.:-

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/index

Probable Replicant

Network Hub
    EA Battlefield Heroes user info has just been leaked too (200K+ users)

Just realised that as an upshot of this hacking attempt, they have taken their NWN verification servers offline, which means that the premium modules can now be downloaded and installed/played for free! Atari had for the last 18 months or so blocked new sales, but now it seems that unless a new verification server is put up, these are now FTP!

I've installed them and verified they work, would be great if someone else could do the same. Of note is that when launched they do attempt to contact the verification server, but that fails and the game launches. Would be interesting to see if these work even when offline.. I can't test that right now as I'm at work.

http://content.bioware.com/neverwint..._Installer.exe

http://files.bioware.com/neverwinter..._Installer.exe

http://files.bioware.com/neverwinter..._Installer.exe

Tried this at home, and the NWN Premium module verification fails if you are offline strangely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by corbain View Post
    Just realised that as an upshot of this hacking attempt, they have taken their NWN verification servers offline, which means that the premium modules can now be downloaded and installed/played for free! Atari had for the last 18 months or so blocked new sales, but now it seems that unless a new verification server is put up, these are now FTP!
    If thats not the intention of Bioware, this is bug abusing. You sould probably not give that information!.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    If thats not the intention of Bioware, this is bug abusing. You sould probably not give that information!.
    It's not really a bug if a company intentionally disables their online DRM mechanism, even as a result of a hacking attempt. They've had over a month now since the attack to get it back online.

I should also say that the module launcher at no point says it has failed to authenticate, you get a message saying "authenticating" and then the game loads. For all I know, the server could be back online now but it's just unannounced policy that these modules are now FTP. Perhaps someone from Atari/Bioware has been reading our "abandonware" thread, a category which these modules surely fall into.

Even if the truth is the authentication fails because the server is offline, then it is surely not illegal to take advantage of it.
    Last edited by corbain; 23-08-2011 at 06:55 PM.