Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about mistakes if the turns already been processed, I don't think anyone here is that experienced with the game and personally I've never tried a Demon with this particular skill set so I'm very much gonna have to wing it :-)
    I'm wouldn't be too concerned myself, but I just realised something that made me rethink my overall strategy, so it would be quite big deal for me. If the turn has already been processed, of course I'll take whatever the result is and file this under "things to consider before submitting a new turn".

Edit: x_kot just informs me that I have uploaded the save-file instead of the .trn-file. Guess I saved my rear end myself this time. Will update tonight, sorry chaps.
    Last edited by Squiz; 26-06-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Rofl. Saved by noobiness! I also screwed up with my trn file and nearly ended up making you all reboot the game, but x_kot luckily had a copy.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    but x_kot luckily had a copy.
    I hereby appoint x_kot as official file keeper, may you serve the hasty well.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Hooray for file recovery! Sorry for the delay everyone, but there will be a new .sav file up a bit after midnight (UK time). In the meantime, allow me to draw your attention to the Diplomacy page: there is a button next to each player's avatar that will let you send a text message to that player during the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    In the meantime, allow me to draw your attention to the Diplomacy page: there is a button next to each player's avatar that will let you send a text message to that player during the next round.
    That's a good point, until now I was so preoccupied with managing everything else that I haven't even started communicating with you other horny guys. As an alternative to the nice-but-slow built-in letter-shoot, there is also this other method for sending messages, powered by the steams of the Lake of Fire itself.

Hooray for diplomacy!

Edit: Turn oploaded.
    Last edited by Squiz; 26-06-2012 at 05:56 PM.

New-turn! New-turn! New-turn!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    New-turn! New-turn! New-turn!
    I dont see it

Edit: ah, you are begging like a newborn for milk...

This game catches up on you

Network Hub
    All right, you lot of putrid, conniving abominations, the new save file is up. Have at it!

Dear Gorgias,
    Thank you for your letter, young people so rarely write letters these days so I truly appreciate that you took the time to put pen to paper. I read your list of Birthday presents you would like, I know you like surprises so I have gotten you something a little bit different. Can you guess what?
    Love Morté

PS. I know people say that I and Melmoth look the same but they are wrong, that is a group photograph from our college days "GO SIGMA GAMMA". I'm the one balancing a sword on my head.

The chicks really dug that party trick, anyway I need to get back to flaying.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 27-06-2012 at 01:41 AM.

*Chickenfeet brings up a bucket of popcorn and a KFC one*

Network Hub
    To the pretender Morté,

My thrall brought me a letter today, which I made him sing in D-sharp as I strummed his intestines. Imagine my surprise when I hear that one of my lessers had thought to sting me with nettled prose when asked to pay simple tribute. I shall put this missive down as some charming expression of your Gallic heritage and expect to receive the requested goods promptly. Oh, and I think you will find your new friends to be more of a burden than a boon.

Please do drop me a line whenever the fancy strikes - I have much rehearsing to do before the symphony.

Gorgias

Dear Gorgias
    Not French!
    Morté

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    *Chickenfeet brings up a bucket of popcorn and a KFC one*
    Oh, so you're a cannibal? My compliment for such fine taste.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Dear Gorgias
    Not French!
    Morté
    Lol Love it!
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Oh, so you're a cannibal? My compliment for such fine taste.
    I love chicken.

As player's borders are moving ever closer to each other (How's it going, my dear southern neighbours?), the game is beginning to get interesting. I'm starting to wonder what kind of strategy everyone has in mind, who is buying all those Praetors, and who has already scryed the colour of my underpants.

By the way, how do you guys feel about the speed the game is going at? I really try to submit my turn every day and think that right now the pace is quite ok. Hope we can keep it up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah I'm happy with the pace, can't guarentee that I won't miss a turn on a given evening if something comes up but I'd hit it the next morning almost certainly.

I've not got as far as a thinking of a strategy which is likely a mistake, just trying something new, it's the one game where I can never seem to keep pace (in gamE) with other players and can never quite figure out what people are doing differently!
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Yeah I'm happy with the pace, can't guarentee that I won't miss a turn on a given evening if something comes up but I'd hit it the next morning almost certainly.

I've not got as far as a thinking of a strategy which is likely a mistake, just trying something new, it's the one game where I can never seem to keep pace (in gamE) with other players and can never quite figure out what people are doing differently!
    Same with me regarding the strategy. Mostly, I am having a look at the map, then at the bazaar, then at my resources (then sigh) and then decide how I am going to spend my orders for the turn. Just trying to stay flexible, which apparently isn't always the best idea in this game.
    Last edited by Squiz; 01-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Need more orders!!!!!!!

Just read the manual.... I missed a few things

*Face palms*