Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    It's probably better to keep that close to your chest?
    Nah there's no way he can take priority from me without his window for pressing his claim expiring (He's got a full 4/5 round till he gets the sceptre which is the only turn he acts before me [Just bad luck on position])

If he doesn't press it then no harm no foul and if he does I get to play a risky gambit which will be gloriously painful for him if it works (And if it doesn't I'm in the same position anyhow) It's win/win baby!

Plus...you know I've not given any inkling as to what it may be so it's not like he can prep for it without guessing ;-)
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Do not underestimate the power of paranoia.

But yeah, a little boasting of "safe" things is probably good for your sanity. Good luck... I guess?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    New turn is up...someone pulled the fire alarm!

Monster Trucks.

Well, damn you Morté. You said that the show had been called off!
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Er did your monster truck crash and burn? Pandemon appears to still be in one piece?
    Waraura

Looks like. Ooops?
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Ooops indeed. Maybe someone cut the brake pipe? Sugar in the tank?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Ooops indeed. Maybe someone cut the brake pipe? Sugar in the tank?
    The souls of 5 unborn children on the Gorgans forgetting themselves and checking the rear view mirror
    Waraura

Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    The souls of 5 unborn children on the Gorgans forgetting themselves and checking the rear view mirror
    That made me chuckle. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Well, damn you Morté. You said that the show had been called off!

They did say "It couldn't be done"

Curse of wrath, checked the wiki, checked the manual. I can only find items that give you a chance of earning it, cant identify what it actually is? Anyone care to divulge now that I'm out of the game?

Btw, can my turns be automated at this point? Or can someone scurry to finish me off?X_cot can you AI me? Not bitter about what happened btw, but this was a dying gambit, my Avatar was dreadful, and not just in a evil way.

I'm just going to post my starting build here, think people might find it surprising.
    Code:
    Martial Prowess: 0
    Cunning: 0
    Intellect: 0
    Wickedness: 0
    Charisma 2 (6 points) Not 4 as i was accused of having
    Lord of hell (0 points) Worst thing in the whole build
    Greed (0 points) a waste of 3 free points
    Infernal Cardinal(8 points) This was actually useful
    Devoted Minions (8 points) On the fence with this, but it wasnt worth the price
    Inspirational leader (7)Completely poinbtless in every way
    (1 spare point)
    Yes, I wasted 23 points on perks, but I had never played the game before, so... eh?
    I'll be honest my success as far as it went shocked me when I realised Avatars failings.

A few things I'll take away from this, I will never play as lord again, EVER! No point taking anything but greed or lust, no point thinking about the end of the game when it might not even get to that. Perks are mostly flavour and often outright poisonous. The lack of strategic choices with rituals encouraged me to take gorgons but honestly that much upkeep needs to be taken on responsibly.

I will enjoy writing up my progress thus far.

But I ask this, rather than me completely stepping aside is there any chance people could confide in me there reasonings (or at least make notes) when I write up?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 25-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.

I'll try to reconstruct the reasoning behind my choices during the game and let you know about that. Surprising setup indeed. I suspected (and told you at some point) that you had gone with 4 points in Charisma. Seems I was partially right. Pure charisma builds can easily be identified by checking the sum of attribute points of your bodyguard.

Concerning the Curse of Wrath: You might have figured out that it was me who played that (as I am the only one who has the means to receive the manuscript for that). What it does is halve the attributes of a legion and block any special abilities, both those that the legion possesses itself, as well as those granted by combat cards and preators. The owner of the cursed legion also loses an amount of prestige equal to the legion's loyality (I think) each turn. Duration is equal to the cursing player's Wrath attribute, minimum is 3 turns though. The target legion is chosen randomly, but it never can be a bodyguard. So I was a bit worried when I saw that you bought that extra legion the turn before I wanted to curse you.

Edit: This wiki page has a bit of information about the different curses.

Editedit: I agree with you on the danger perks pose to your play. However, some of the perks are really potent and almost necessary to get a certain build going. A good example for that would be the Prince of Lies perk. Without that, as a Deceit-oriented Fiend, you run a pretty high risk of your rituals failing, which you cannot afford to let happen.
    Last edited by Squiz; 25-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Yeah, the maw was there to lessen the risk of random unit attacks, shame it hit the gorons then.
    I'd rather burn up in a blaze of failure then fade away with a dreadful build, much less fun.

I'd say you did a good job keeping people on their toes. In the end, you pissed off one or two guys too many though.

Oh, for sure, but I had to get to pandemonium.

Due to technically turning on the devil and dying I am in heaven now... Long story, feel unwelcome, hilarious consequences, being written up into sitcom.

Network Hub
    As hinted at by Helio, the new turn finds our beloved Gorgonite shuffling off the demonic coil. How will the grief-stricken denizens of Hell respond to this development?

Re: the game's events up until now, my initial plan was to put some heat on my nearest neighbor and solidify my flank. This idea evaporated instantly when the Gorgons appeared. I hoped that the upkeep might be too much, but that was not the case. I then recoiled and watched as the Gorgons overextended their territorial grasp. Obv, with no prestige, I couldn't do much to effect any changes. So I waited for my chance.

Oh well, pity. Hit me up if you want my point of view on the game
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Network Hub
    New turn is up, and someone has thinned the ranks...

Ok, I am officially confused now. I see that some event (?) has cost me a legion. However I don't see two of Melmoth's guys. Therefore I suspect that either a) the same event has taken 2 legions from him or b) the legions have been hidden somehow. The only possible way of hiding a legion seems to be the lvl5 Deceit ritual, but that would hide all of his legions.

Can someone provide insight here? What did I miss?