Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar

Connection failure - Port 16962

Has anyone come across this error before? Was trying to get my DoD game in with cyberpunkdreams and every single attempt ended with the error that it couldn't connect and to check we had that port open on the firewall etc.

We've played matches before without issue; both us attempted restarting Windows and rebooting the router, in every case we got the same error.

Er ... help? Pwease?

Yeah this is the single most common Blood Bowl connection problem. You're going to have to free up some ports on your router if you want to get that game done. Here's Zoraster's detailed guide.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...LqFqKgH#gid=41

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nothing to do with me boss. Not sure who deserves the credit (Screwie?) but it certainly isn't me :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Not me, fella. I thought Jiiim wrote it o.o

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Are you sure it wasn't you, Zoraster? Then I hereby nominate ntw. Or Duffin.

Yeah, it was me, I take all the credit.

Err, nah, not really. I have vague memories of Hughtower posting a link to it, I then shamelessly ripped it off and stuck it in the sheet.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Whoever wrote it (maybe it was Nuffle taking pity on us for Cyanide's uselessness) thanks - I'll give it a whirl this week and hopefully get that game in. Work is kicking off a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I had the same problem last night. Followed the instructions, and when I next tried the game connected first time and I was able to play. The two matters may be connected.

http://xkcd.com/552/

Thank you to the mysterious person who wrote the guide.

I encountered that issue as well tonight, although I am absolutely sure that I forwarded all of the ports some months ago. I went ahead and re-entered the port rules in my router settings. Seems as if somehow my router had "forgotten" half of the rules I set back then, the other half was still there.
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I encountered that issue as well tonight, although I am absolutely sure that I forwarded all of the ports some months ago. I went ahead and re-entered the port rules in my router settings. Seems as if somehow my router had "forgotten" half of the rules I set back then, the other half was still there.
    I would often get the error despite very definitely forwarding my ports. It turned out my router was not giving my computer the static IP address I had asked for and in stead handing them out on it's normal first come first serve basis so me being able to play bloodbowl was entirely dependent on what order the computers had been turned on that day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Yeah it's always worth doing ipconfig and finding out which IP your PC actually has (as Hutton mentions, it's not always the one you think); you can then edit the rule on your router settings so it will forward the port to that actual address. It might be a bit annoying if you have to do it every time you play, but it will be a lot less annoying than getting the error.

Set static IP, did port forwarding, worked like a charm. Thanks again guys