Network Hub

America's night AAR

Unfortunately only Nim, ConcreteOtter, and myself showed up for Americas' night. However it was quite a lot of fun, and I hope to see a bigger turnout next week.

Local Hostility:
    A 4 player mission where a team of Americans fight there way into Zargabad to blow up a weapons cache. ConcreteOtter and I sneaked our way into town before being spotted. We fought valiantly, but were pinned down in a house and overrun.

Stalin's Organs: Tasked with destroying a battery of Katyushas with two Brit jeeps we manage to lose one almost immediately to an errant rocket, and I flipped the other one while charging downhill at full speed.

I forget the mission name:
    Nim joined us and we played a mission on Shapur several times over. A small British recon team was tasked with defending refinery #1. Over the course of 3 play throughs we slowly got more successful but died rather quickly every time.

Bitter Memories: This voice acted mission ended superbly quickly for us. After our womenfolk wished us not to go the three valiantly rebels set off to gather some equipment from a not so abandoned base, and then destroy 3 Tunguskas. We cleared the base fairly easily and set about collecting equipment when a UAZ full of nasty communists rolled up. We exchanged fire and seemed to be doing alright until a Hind blew most of us up.

Local Hostility: Trying our hand at this mission with Nim also in tow proved beneficial. We had a running street battle across Zargabad (with Nim getting downed twice in quick succession as his new AK failed him). Before blowing up the weapons cache and racing through enemy lines in the Freedom Truck. Freedom stops for no man.

No Suits No Service: The MIB were tasked with retrieving a suitcase, in Takistan, filled with money. Not entirely sure what happened this mission but we ended up shooting 3 villages full of armed, unarmed, and partially armed people.

Hike in the Hills: An American Hummvee patrol clears a village of insurgents and blows up a house for good measure.

Contact Men: A small British squad fought its way through 3 Takistani villages to rescue some hostages. After dealing with my computer BSODing we managed to fight our way through the first town before the medic was killed. We rallied and while Nim and ConcreteOtter fought through the valley floor I provided sniper support from the nearby hills. When we got to the hostage village we launched our only planned attack of the evening, with Nim and Concrete sneaking through some low ground to the village proper while I drew fire, to successfully save the hostages!
    Last edited by Wengart; 15-06-2012 at 05:57 AM.

A lot of missions, heh :D how long did the session last?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Bitter Memories
    You got further than we ever did when we tried that mission.

Network Hub
    It lasted nearly 4 hours. We started at 8:00 and went till 11:40ish.

Bitter Memories was definitely an odd mission. Mainly because of the voice acting and friendly AI that didn't quite work. It didn't help that Nim couldn't se anything since it was so dark on his monitor.
    Last edited by Wengart; 15-06-2012 at 06:26 PM.