Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    I'm still a steaming bag of turd at this game, but I've bought Hel, and dammit, I'm going to learn her.
    unfortunately, hel is a little underpowered right now. she was really strong a couple patches ago, but they hit her cooldowns and her ratios pretty hard. she can definitely still be strong, but there's much less margin for error

Any recommendations for a novice MOBAer? I'm wary of picking a tank because I think it will give me some bad habits. Ra and the big ice dude seem to always kick my arse. Are they OP or are they just easier to play so novices are more successful with them?

Any recommendations for a novice MOBAer? I'm wary of picking a tank because I think it will give me some bad habits. Ra and the big ice dude seem to always kick my arse. Are they OP or are they just easier to play so novices are more successful with them?
    ra is a tier 2 mage, actually. he hits hard, but his skills are so easy to dodge once you learn his animations that he'll rarely hit decent players (unless they're otherwise distracted).

ymir (ice dude) is solid, though. he's got a lot of cc and a skilled player will chain it properly so you have no chance of escaping his ult.

i think wukong is a good champ to play at first. his ult is stupid strong, and his build is straightforward enough (warrior tabi ---> frosthammer ---> qin's blades). hel is a really difficult champ to cut your teeth on, especially with the nerf.

I just bought Odin. Hopefully I can survive for a bit longer and be slightly useful to other people.

Imho Hel is still really, really strong. But complicated as hell (lololol).
    I think what hot her most is the nerf to her light 2. With that short immunity time, she is pretty vulnerable to ganks.
    But her damage and heal are still pretty good.

Network Hub
    Any keys going for this?

Yeah, she's slow and doesn't have much health. A full barrage of attacks from Ymir wipes her out pretty much instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Any keys going for this?
    Sent.
    Once you have it activated, you will find two keys of your own at https://account.hirezstudios.com/account/my-keys.aspx
    If you do not need them, pass them on here, if someone asks, i am now out of keys. ^^

As advised by MrVadder here, are there any spare keys floating about? Wouldn't mind giving this a shot.

Share and share alike, you beautiful people. And remember to go in the group chat room whenever you want to group up.

EDIT: Someone let me know if you used it.

*|| RPS SMITE Steam group RPS SMITE Steam group RPS SMITE Steam group ||*
    Last edited by Space Indaver; 03-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Erhm, when the RPS kindness club thread has tought me one thing apart from 'Folks on RPS are generous' then it is, that anything looking like a key of any sort openly posted in a forum is more likely to attract bots then the planned audience.

Better pm keys.

Cheers for the keys to the people who gave, I will hopefully have 2 myself soon once the game has installed.

Did you use the one I posted, or a different one? Just because I can give it to someone else if you're already in!

If someone used it, it disappears from the list, apparently.

edit: Also Scum and me just played the first ever RockPaperSmite games!

Addmitably not the same games, but at the same time and in Voice. ^^
    Last edited by DeVadder; 03-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Did you use the one I posted, or a different one? Just because I can give it to someone else if you're already in!
    Another person sent me a code and I was able to use that. Thanks for the offer mind, and I've joined up with the steam group.

EDIT: I'm guessing that its Space Indaver here who invited me on steam, or I'm thanking random people now for stuff. ;)

I didn't send any invites over Steam, I just linked to the group in this thread. I don't have many RPSers in my friend list!

Then it was probably me, i guess. Honestly i do not remember, but i have you in my friends list and there is only the three of us in that group. :)

I got sent a beta key but decided I actually can't be bothered with it, PM me if anybody wants to try and use it..

There now is a feature ingame called 'Send Beta Key'. I have not yet tried it, but it appears that means we all have unlimited beta keys to send now.
    That means you have no reason not to play and join us for a round once you have outgrown the novice queues. ^^
    But thanks anyways.

On an unrelated note: I have no idea what god to buy from my fame next. I only use the first two i unlocked, what happens after maybe two or three days, and the free ones. So all the fame and gods i unlocked afterwards just sit unused :)
    But then again, i am quite happy with that. I would hate if there was any advantage unlockable with fame apart from having more gods to choose from.

i just tried it. sent a key to one of my other email accounts. not sure how limited they are (if at all) but it definitely works at least once.