Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Obscure Node
    Anyone got any keys left for this, looks like fun and I am more interested in moba now after getting hooked on awesomenuats.

Sure thing, just pm me your email address and i will take care of that.

Positive Win/Loss !!!

I lost my first few games and it took me almost 100 games to break even for the first time and now i have more wins than losses.

I'm back from my holiday, ready to be all kinds of average. Add me on Steam in sig if you haven't already!

TWO new gods, and I just unlocked every god for $10!

Obscure Node
    So... is anyone still playing this?

I sure am.
    About 1-2 games per day on average. But apparently there are not yet that many RPS people hooked onto the game. ^^
    PM me for beta keys, servers are down currently for patchday but later today i can send them out.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    I sure am.
    About 1-2 games per day on average. But apparently there are not yet that many RPS people hooked onto the game. ^^
    PM me for beta keys, servers are down currently for patchday but later today i can send them out.
    I use the same nick, you can add me if you want. I'd love to play with non-brain-damaged people :P

Ps. And holy cow, that's the most ridiculous spambot I've ever seen.

As long as you do okay you should advance in elo. You do not even need to win to gain elo, just do good compared to anyone else in the same game/team.
    After a while it should become better. It is the exception to meet suicidal idiots or people who harass more than play by now for me.
    Sadly currently there seems to be a big increase in leavers but Hi-Rez are aware of that and i am pretty sure that the penaltys for deserting will become more severe sooner or later to battle that. Afterall it is just a beta. And also you can still do your best and a leaver means at least one person in team that is way worse than youself, so it is still worth to play the best possible to gain or at least not loose Elo.

Obscure Node
    I'm very new to MOBAs in general, in fact, SMITE is the first one I play, but I'm not too bad. I don't know, I don't feed, I can comfortably solo mid and my last game ended 8-1-2. But leavers are certainly a problem...

I started playing yesterday, I'm SenorPresidente ingame and will gladly play with other RPS'ers. It's been pretty fun so far and the community is shockingly nice (for MOBA standards, anyway). I only wish there was a wider selection of starting gods and/or getting your first god went a touch faster. I think the Artemis / Kali / Ra / Sun Wukong / Yimir mirror matches will get stale somewhat quickly.

Also is Sun Wukong really tough to play or are all the players using him complete lemmings? In my admittedly low sample of 4 games both team's respective Wukongs consistently fed HARD.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    I started playing yesterday, I'm SenorPresidente ingame and will gladly play with other RPS'ers. It's been pretty fun so far and the community is shockingly nice (for MOBA standards, anyway). I only wish there was a wider selection of starting gods and/or getting your first god went a touch faster. I think the Artemis / Kali / Ra / Sun Wukong / Yimir mirror matches will get stale somewhat quickly.

Also is Sun Wukong really tough to play or are all the players using him complete lemmings? In my admittedly low sample of 4 games both team's respective Wukongs consistently fed HARD.
    It isn't THAT hard to play, but most people mistake melee characters with tanks. Sun Wukong isn't a tank and without some caution he can be easily ganked by any other melee character in a direct fight.

I would say Sun Wukong is a bit tricky but worth it. He has not the melee power of Kali nor the tank of Ymir, not even the damage output of Artemis, so he indeed is not very good in any 1v1 with the other starter characters. But the combination of the leap with his (strong) ultimate and some solid damage output to go with it makes him extremely valuable in any teamfight or when ganking.
    However he has to be very carefull in a teamfight nevertheless.

Also, you can rent gods quite cheaply and the favor to buy the first additional god should not take too long either (unless you rent in every game of course ^^). Just make sure you test him up front by renting him for a game or two so you do not end with someone you will never play.
    Also it is not unlikely to stick with one of the starter gods as main. Especially Ra and Artemis are quite good at what they do and will often get picked by people who have all the gods as well to fill their respective role. Same with Ymir to some extent.

edit: May i suggest to loiter in the group chat of http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rockpapersmite/ when available for play? That way we should have it way easier to meet up for some RPS teams.
    Last edited by DeVadder; 05-10-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Obscure Node
    Will do :)

Network Hub
    Just got into the beta courtesy of DeVadder; I'm trying to at least get a slight understanding of the game before I dive in (I'm pretty experienced at LoL, so I'm used to really understanding what's going on in my mobas). Anyways, I'm Ritashi in game, so feel free to add me, and I'll try to loiter in that steam group whenever I can.

Network Hub
    Can anyone recommend some decent guides to Smite? I'm having trouble finding general information on the game. I'm looking for things like discussions of the mechanics, jungle spawn information, effective strategies, notes on important items, maybe some quick champ overviews, etc. I'm finding myself getting a little lost trying to figure out everything that's going on, and then developing and testing strategies from scratch.

Well the basic and the advanced tutorial ingame of course. But when it comes to more special stuff there are plenty of guides on http://www.smitefire.com/ . However everybody can add guides there and i am not entirely sure that the community is big enough to have the voting guarantee 'good' guides.
    But it sure is a place to start looking.
    Sadly there are almost no guides that do not focus on a specific god/build. So it does hardly answer questions like 'what to do when both teams have grouped up and stare at each other in range of a phoenix?' (The answer is, if you are the attacking team have one physical solo fury/fg and push the other lanes.)