Hybrid View

Obscure Node

Please checkout my service GameLater

Hi all,

I love all the interesting and obscure games Rock, Paper, Shotgun covers, but I find myself often forgetting about really interesting games in the time between when I read a preview and when it comes out months later that or when I finally have time to play it. Do you have that problem too?

So, to scratch my own itch I build a little web service called GameLater, which you can find here: http://gamelater.herokuapp.com

GameLater is very simple: you're given a bookmarklet and you can save RPS articles, including the game name and a description or choice bon mot. You'll then find the game and article saved on the GameLater website and can buy the game on Amazon US and UK if it's available. If you give your email you'll receive a notification email the day a game you saved is released on Amazon.

I'm posting it here because I find it super useful I save one or two RPS previews a day and I hope that the rest of the RPS community will like it too. This is a very early version and I'm sure you'll run into issues. For instance, the only way to log into your account on a second computer is to manually edit the site cookie on the new computer! I'd really appreciate any and all feedback you have and bugs you find, whether through these forums, on Twitter (I'm @pr1001), or via email (peter@bubblefoundry.com).

Finally, I have affiliate codes attached to all the affiliate links, so if you buy something using one of the Amazon links I'll make a little bit of money. If you hate the idea of me making money on this, don't click on the links. ;-)

Thanks and I look forward to hearing what you think!

Peter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's interesting, but what would move it from curio to awesome would be e-mail notifications when a game falls below a specified price, or % discount...

Obscure Node
    Thanks, Deano. I definitely have more types of alerts on my todo list, but I wanted to first get something basic out there and see what people think. Is this of any use to you now, or would you only use it if you got alerts of games going on sale?

And everyone else, do you agree with Deano? Is there some other particular feature you'd like to see?

Obscure Node
    For anyone following along, I've added Steam links and the ability to share on Twitter the fact that you've saved an article, for those who want to give me some publicity. ;-)