Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

Frozen Synapse League - Season 12

Sign-ups for season 12 are now open!

For a bit of a change we're probably going to play a different game mode this time. Let us know on the spreadsheet what mode you'd like, and if there are any modes you absolutely don't want. We can discuss the technicalities below.

If you would like to take part please do three things:

1) Add yourself to this list. Feel free to add any additional comments, suggestions or smack talk while you're there.

2) PM your email address to me (optional, but it will be very useful if I need to give you a nudge). I will not disclose it to anyone else, except maybe WombatDeath or whoever takes over admin duties after me, but even then only with your permission. If you have previously PM'd your address to WombatDeath in an earlier season please consider sending it to me too.

3) Click here to go to the RPS forum settings and edit the 'Private Messaging' section so that you get an email and/or a popup when someone (e.g. me) sends you a PM.

Season 12 will begin on the 1st of September and will last until the 15th (or thereabouts), so please don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable during that period. Rules will be slightly different from before (despite what I said in the previous thread!) but all will be explained in this thread before the season kicks off.

New and old players are all welcome! No experience required, and weaponry will be provided. Sign up!

Network Hub
    I'm in. And I also have a post with more than 10 characters.
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Im in obviously in.

I had to much fun in the last one to miss that :)

@ColOfNature: should I send you my address again or do you still have it?

I still have it. Somewhere. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, it's very gratifying to see players coming back for more!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    In like Flynn.

edit - if we go non-symmetrical (Dark Charge!), I'd suggest playing the same map twice (once as each side) for fairness.

Anyone know if the in-game tourney function is working yet?

Thought I'd share this here as I doubt the general forumers would be able to appreciate it as much:

This mission was bugged for me, as it was for so many others. I just had to 'cap this shot when I finally succeeded. It felt like the game was giving me one last parting middle finger.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 23-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    edit - if we go non-symmetrical (Dark Charge!), I'd suggest playing the same map twice (once as each side) for fairness.
    I was going to suggest this.

Anyone know if the in-game tourney function is working yet?
    It is; I only got it to do a knock-out tourney but it might be capable of more. I'll prod at it a bit to see if it could be useful, but I'm happy using a spreadhseet for now.

Obscure Node
    Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, it's very gratifying to see players coming back for more!

Obscure Node
    Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, it's very gratifying to see players coming back for more!

Quote Originally Posted by leixinai View Post
    I do not know why, but this time you made me giggle, spambot.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I was going to suggest this.

It is; I only got it to do a knock-out tourney but it might be capable of more. I'll prod at it a bit to see if it could be useful, but I'm happy using a spreadhseet for now.
    I believe it only does single elemination with random maps. I like the idea of playing dark charge with both sides. Maybe we should have smaller divisions though, to prevent the number of games from becoming too big.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'm in. Like Flynn. And other things ending in -in. Such as paraffin, puffin and muffin.

Survey time! If we're playing Dark Charge, and playing each map from both ends:

1. How big should the groups be? Bearing in mind that we'll be playing each other group member twice. I suggest 4 (6 matches each per round) or 5 (8 matches).
    2. Do we start with the same order as at the end of last round?
    3. Are the bids in each pair of matches going to be independent? i.e. Would it be possible to find oneself attacking in both matches, or defending? Or should we enforce a rule whereby the bid in the first of the pair must be mirrored in the second. Does that make sense? (I'd say no, let them be independent. But I'm prepared to be convinced otherwise.)
    4. Same rule about having an explosives unit as in previous rounds, or does Charge mode obviate the need?

Network Hub
    1 - How many people keep me in division 1? ;)
    2 - See answer 1 ;)
    3 - I think they should be independent. The challenge is taking the position you're given, and making the most of it. Not playing what the first person decides.
    4 - Pretty sure charge gets rid of that requirement (but they are​ fun).
    Find me on Steam

1 - Either is fine with me.
    2 - I would say yes.
    3 - Independent. I do not think it would make any sense otherwise.
    4 - Not needed imho. So i would suggest just taking the very first map that comes up.

@rodeoclown: If anyone gets bumped from the first division it'll probably be me. I came bottom of the table in the previous season and only stayed up because WombatDeath and TechnoJellyfish didn't come back, and you and Xune have consistently ranked higher than I have since Season 8 or something.

Network Hub
    I think it's generally only the latest round that counts for relegation though :)
    (Don't worry - I'm fine to drop down :))
    Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It's been a while since I've played (I kinda burned myself out on the beta as it lasted so bloody long I never really got back into it after release...) but I'm in.

Dark Charge sounds good. I have nothing else to add other than to echo desires to see some kind of system in place that deals with its asymmetricality. Whether that's every map played twice as both attack & defence or some other mechanic I don;t mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    1. I'm fine with any number, the more games the better. Actually, now that I think about it, I played like shit in the Ginormoleague, so 2 player divisions please :)

2. Do you mean divisions? If so, sure. What's the alternative, random divisions and go from there?

3. Independent. One might have a vastly different perspective of their opponent in the second game.

4. The rule shouldn't be necessary, but it certainly makes the games more interesting than having a more homogenous team.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 27-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

it's very gratifying to see players coming back for more!

it's very gratifying to see players coming back for more!
    Last edited by lvshizhao2033; 27-08-2012 at 04:32 AM.