View Poll Results: Which faction would you like the RPS outfit to opt with on Planteside 2?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terran Republic (TR)

16 16.16%
  • The New Conglomerate (NC)

38 38.38%
  • The Vanu Sovereignty (VS)

45 45.45%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Rock, Paper WHICH SIDE ALREADY? (with poll)

So there's been some discussion as to what side the inevitable RPS outfit is gonna be on - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...aper-whichSide

There has not, however, been an agreement on which. So, here's a poll. Seen as a lot of people (myself included) are going to want to join the fight as soon as possible, it makes sense to have the leading side become official once the closed beta launches. Sound fair?

I'll just use my (limited) influence as the OP to nudge votes towards the Vanu: sleek, sexy MAX suits with an emphasis on technology and flexibility? Yes please.

Edit: We've subtly advanced a stage further, with a (mostly pointless for the meantime) steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSide.
    Last edited by Coccyx; 25-06-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Activated Node
    NC all day errday.

Laser weapons, FABULOUS purple livery, bitchin' music, hovertanks and fighter jets that handle like UFOs, need I say more?

Chunky. CHUNKY. CHUNKY!

The NC look brilliant, nicely beefy without that silly curveyness or the un-needed aesthetic flares of the TR or VS.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Vanu here, the vehicles look most fun, the soundtrack is great and I hate the blue and yellow of the NC to an unnerving degree.

I believe I shall have to go Vanu purely on the strength of the music, although I do quite like some fabulous purple.

Network Hub
    I wish the polling facilities here could embrace more complicated voting options. This First past the post style makes Terran votes something of a lost cause: tactical voting ahoy!

Planteside? I'd have to go with the geraniums.
    Planetside, purple looks good.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    Planteside? I'd have to go with the geraniums.
    Planetside, purple looks good.
    It's the game we all wanted, really.

New Conglomerate all the way!

I want to fly my huge, beefy 'Aliens'-style Galaxy dropship and rain down ludicrously armoured MAX warriors in lumbering 'Aliens'-style mechsuits, while the biggest, heaviest tanks in the universe thunder past onto victory and gunships with a trillion rockets strapped to their mighty hulls unload apocalyptic waves of death upon the flimsy fascists and poncy barneys.

Oh, and please dont base your judgement purely on the leaked music, since its been confirmed that most of NC's is placeholder until they've recorded the final tracks.
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 15-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

This will make me sound like a sore loser, but even if NC doesn't win, I'll be running a small-time group for that faction. I'll naturally participate in the proper RPS shenanigans, no matter what race is chosen, but I'd like to have an NC character and there seems to be quite equal interest in NC and VS.

No-one likes TR :P
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'm liking my projectiles, but not feeling the NC atm. Throwing in a futile support vote for TR and we'll see what happens.

How does it work with characters anyway? Can you have several in different factions or are you locked to a single one?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Amphibious hover tanks.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 15-06-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Tempted by all 3 sides:

TR: Originally a Terran but noone I know wants to play them
    NC: I like the idea of being the rebels but the weapons I would guess are more standard FPS fare(?)
    VS: Weapons seem the most interesting but fighting the lasher in base defence... I just can't get over that bitter memory :p

At the end of the poll, just arrange these outfits on separate servers so I can try them both out, then start a splinter group on TR, thanks, love you all. x x x

1 - How come i can't vote on this poll and

B - Please let NC win, i can't stand the idea of playing as the Vanu and I really wanted to play with the RPS guild.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    1 - How come i can't vote on this poll and

B - Please let NC win, i can't stand the idea of playing as the Vanu and I really wanted to play with the RPS guild.
    We are the Vanu. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I dislike the color but I just love all the fancy alien stuff to experiment with.
    So my vote goes towards VS.

Voting for NC here, but would be just as happy with Terran. As previously mentioned, Vanu was always a little "cold" for me...but I'm going to enjoy playing with you all regardless, so if Vanu is it then I'm certainly in!

But yes, in all honesty I won't be surprised if the voted one is the "main faction" and then we have "alt factions" for our alt characters.

Also, if we're starting from CLOSED BETA DAY ONE, should we figure out what we actually want to name this thing? I'm fond of "Rock Paper Galaxy" if we're following the normal title trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    We are the Vanu. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
    Resistance isn't futile?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com