View Poll Results: Which faction would you like the RPS outfit to opt with on Planteside 2?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terran Republic (TR)

16 16.16%
  • The New Conglomerate (NC)

38 38.38%
  • The Vanu Sovereignty (VS)

45 45.45%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Oh, another logistics question: is this going to be a euro-only group? With the Battlefield 3 groups they split it into seperate US/UK groups for time zones, but it didn't work out that well. Thinking if we have a significant player base in different time zones we can make different squads or just "operations when you can make it" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post
    Also, if we're starting from CLOSED BETA DAY ONE, should we figure out what we actually want to name this thing? I'm fond of "Rock Paper Galaxy" if we're following the normal title trend.
    Rock Planet Side was the title of another thread which I quite liked; for VS, though, Rock Purple Suits sounds great to me.

I LOVE the poll colours, they completely threw me. I thought NC was winning and VS was trailing a bit, hah!
    Last edited by Ayam; 16-06-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Pretty colours

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Name wise, rock paper scythe works for vanu and rock paper sunderer for anyone taking from the vehicles alone.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Rock Planet Side was the title of another thread which I quite liked
    That is quite clever.

Activated Node
    Noooo, VS is winning. Come on NC fans!

Quote Originally Posted by borklund View Post
    noooo, vs is winning. Come on nc fans!
    Hurry, TR supporters, change your vote to NC!

Hurry, TR supporters, change your vote to NC!
    Tactical voting! Do eeeet!
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Tactical voting! Do eeeet!
    Yes, vote NC because their less interesting machine gun deals higher DPS, did you know about vanu plasma weapons? Or the chainfire rocket launchers which aside from the odd quirk of not being able to stop firing once it gets going has exceptional utility against all targets? That's what Vanu gets, odd crap.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes, vote NC because their less interesting machine gun deals higher DPS, did you know about vanu plasma weapons? Or the chainfire rocket launchers which aside from the odd quirk of not being able to stop firing once it gets going has exceptional utility against all targets? That's what Vanu gets, odd crap.
    Eh? Not sure what you're getting at here Helio. I mean its not like any of us have actually played the game.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Friends don't let friends drive Magmowers. Vote NC!

NC4LYFE. Just sayin'.

Nc, even though I cant vote. (A VS plot no doubt)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Eh? Not sure what you're getting at here Helio. I mean its not like any of us have actually played the game.
    I'm talking Planetside 1, odd guns abound.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm talking Planetside 1, odd guns abound.
    Ah fair enough. I dont think we've seen much of the Vanu weapons so far, so it'll be interesting to see how closely the devs stick to the original game (which I've not played). I think thats part of the reason I'm hesitant to play Vanu - TR are clearly about maneuverability and rapid fire weapons, NC are about thick armour and big slow weapons, and VS are... well, 'quirky'. Which could end up meaning anything.

Oh, and I really dislike the look of their MAX suits compared to NC.
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    From what we have seen of the vanu in the e3 demos especially they have by far the most maneuverable vehicles and the weapons instead of being quirky are simply a bit more effecient in certain aspects. They have the only sniper rifles without bullet drop atm.

With the current batch of shared vehicles and the weapons being pretty similar between factions, I don't understand the vanu hate for the sake of "I like boxes and slow RoT high damage weapons" coming from the vocal NC guys.

Blue is a nicer colour than Purple.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    They have the only sniper rifles without bullet drop atm.
    Bullet drop is easy to compensate for, being spotted because your sniper rifle uses a laser-beam to kill is more of a problem.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

You know what we could try?

There will be several servers. We could make an NC and a Vanu.
    I was a vanu flier in the original PS, but I may actually roll up a TR this time around on a side server.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    You know what we could try?

There will be several servers. We could make an NC and a Vanu.
    I was a vanu flier in the original PS, but I may actually roll up a TR this time around on a side server.
    Maybe we'll want to have one outfit on a US-based server and another on a UK-based server?

Maybe we'll want to have one outfit on a US-based server and another on a UK-based server?
    The only issue with that is time zones. As in, it would be pretty awesome if we could plan attacks and operations on a 24 hour basis, with the yanks and such popping on to carry on the good fight when its time for us euros to go to bed. And of course, people will be frustrated if their chosen faction happens to be on a high ping (for them) server.
    www.teamsao.com