View Poll Results: Which faction would you like the RPS outfit to opt with on Planteside 2?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terran Republic (TR)

16 16.16%
  • The New Conglomerate (NC)

38 38.38%
  • The Vanu Sovereignty (VS)

45 45.45%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    The only issue with that is time zones. As in, it would be pretty awesome if we could plan attacks and operations on a 24 hour basis, with the yanks and such popping on to carry on the good fight when its time for us euros to go to bed. And of course, people will be frustrated if their chosen faction happens to be on a high ping (for them) server.
    Definitely true as far as factions goes, but honestly if people want to play together than 60% are going to have to join a faction that isn't their first choice. At least this way there is two options, people can have alts and try the different side vehicles, etc.

I mean, who knows how good the architecture will be. For all I know I'll be able to play from Seattle on a London-based server and have an excellent connection. But in the likely event that that's not the case, I'll probably have to spend time on a US server even without it.

The real question is how many people we can get on board with this. I suspect all the interest means we'll have enough to have a contingent on both US and UK servers.

Just too bad there have to be, you know, separate servers, and not an EVE-style EVERYONE IN ONE setup.

Come on NC! You can do it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    But how many of these votes wanted TR? Dull equipment here we come.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I think a split might be in order, I feel I'm more likely to seek out a different outfit than play a faction I find boring (not that I've played the new game yet so any decisions are highly subject to change).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Does anyone know if you can create characters for more then one faction? I read some time ago that you can create characters for two factions per server, but I don't know if that's still the case/planned.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Does anyone know if you can create characters for more then one faction? I read some time ago that you can create characters for two factions per server, but I don't know if that's still the case/planned.
    Honestly, I suspect (as noted above) this may be a moot point; unless I'm overestimating an American audience, I think that if a split occurs we might as well have it on two different servers. I'm hoping that once the game goes live (out of beta live) there will be enough RPS coverage that we'll have enough population to pull this off. I'm afraid if we do NC and Vanu in Europe, we'll have an American contingent demand a server for them and then we'll be split at least three ways.

ARGH LOGISTICS

Edit: Just checked, apparently they don't plan on letting you have more than one faction per server AT LAUNCH (may change later). Which means we have to do multiple servers if people are really insistent on being in their favorite faction that wasn't chosen for the clan.
    Last edited by Aerothorn; 19-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Just posting this here as we don't have a dedicated PS2 thread outside the faction question:

I'll be playing Vanu.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Honestly, I created the first thread more to see if I could get people rilled up about faction choice than wanting a fair vote or anything. However, crazy technofetishists with alien weaponry all the way!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    I'll be playing Vanu.
    Good luck now, conglomerate scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    I'll be playing Vanu.
    Yessir, me too.

I think Jim's choice pretty much seals which will be the OFFICIAL RPS CONTINGENT (well, that and the fact that Vanu manages to keep winning by one vote). So I think we should just call it for Vanu on whatever European server people are running on (whomever gets in beta first should pop in here and call it). I'm more than happy to play on that, and hopefully the connection will be satisfactory.

That said, in the likely event that we have an American contingent who wants to play on a server closer to home, it sounds like NC is the default choice there. I'll make one when the game goes live, and if people want to join that they can. Presumably we'll allow people dual memberships in both groups; the other advantage of this is that people can organize group actions in their own time zones.

If this is as big as I think it will be, we're going to need a sub-forum :)
    Last edited by Aerothorn; 21-06-2012 at 09:59 PM.

I'll be setting up and organising a small unofficial RPS NC faction on release, so those who want to play with RPS people but don't want to play Vanu can play together. Details will follow when we can actually play the game.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Die, filthy sandrakers!

Wait, crap

Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    I'll be setting up and organising a small unofficial RPS NC faction on release, so those who want to play with RPS people but don't want to play Vanu can play together. Details will follow when we can actually play the game.
    We can be super awesome ninja party poopers? Make sure we're on the same server as the vanu faction group :D

Well, guess my dreams of an American contingent will have to wait. Maybe we'll be TR?

Network Hub
    I do wonder if the Terrans are going to have anything like the numbers of the other two factions. If discussions like this one are happening on other communities, they're certainly going to be relatively underpopulated. I hope they're not reduced to just fighting a corner the whole time :/

I reckon the TR will certainly have a lot of players, they'll appeal to the whole 'Soviet Comrades' demographic, what with their strength in numbers and EVERYTHING IS RED approach. I'm betting NC and VS will still be the most played, however.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Looks like Vanu won by interference by the local authority.

On "red", does no-one remember the TF2 statistics, or the justification behind them?

Your brain spots red faster, don't be red. Yellow is an alert colour too, oddly orange has one of the slower response times, along with purple.

TR will not be underpopulated, the poll is biased, TR people votes NC to attempt to throw Vanu under the bus to avoid "lasers", it's too 1970's scifi for them.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 22-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Your brain spots red faster, don't be red. Yellow is an alert colour too, oddly orange has one of the slower response times, along with purple.
    Yeah, people are gonna want to go VS to get that extra edge over the competition in terms of stealth. Quite apart from the fact that their weapons shoot lasers, they're not easy to see at all!