View Poll Results: Which faction would you like the RPS outfit to opt with on Planteside 2?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terran Republic (TR)

16 16.16%
  • The New Conglomerate (NC)

38 38.38%
  • The Vanu Sovereignty (VS)

45 45.45%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    Yeah, people are gonna want to go VS to get that extra edge over the competition in terms of stealth. Quite apart from the fact that their weapons shoot lasers, they're not easy to see at all!
    Tbh most of the vanu weapons shoot projectiles that look like the other factions and things like snipers have a trail on all factions. The only real difference I've seen in terms of weapons between the factions is the large vehicles ones.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Tbh most of the vanu weapons shoot projectiles that look like the other factions and things like snipers have a trail on all factions. The only real difference I've seen in terms of weapons between the factions is the large vehicles ones.
    There should be substantial weapon differences too. For instance, the NC have their super-shotgun (can't remember the name) which is unlike anything the other factions have. The anti-vehicle missiles were pretty distinct in Planetside, though I haven't heard the details for Planetside 2.

Vanu will have the most agile fighter craft, so that's something. Wonder if it will support joysticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post
    Vanu will have the most agile fighter craft, so that's something. Wonder if it will support joysticks?
    I'm pretty sure that I recall Matt Higby saying there would be during one of the Total Biscuit livecasts

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post
    There should be substantial weapon differences too. For instance, the NC have their super-shotgun (can't remember the name) which is unlike anything the other factions have. The anti-vehicle missiles were pretty distinct in Planetside, though I haven't heard the details for Planetside 2.

I was only talking about the obviousness of weapon trails and things. There are other differentiating factors as well :]

I gotcha.

Well, from the sound of it the start of closed beta will be announced next week, though to prevent the servers from exploding they are going to add people fairly slowly. Whoever gets in first should make a new thread with usernames so we know who is where.

Network Hub
    I made a quick steam group (I say quick, that logo took me like, 20 minutes) to make sharing details when the time comes easier. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSide

Would you rather us NC chaps joined that one, or would you like me to make another group for people who don't want to play Vanu?
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Network Hub
    Anyone that intends to go ahead and play with the main faction to any extent can go ahead and join that one, but by all means set up your own.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    I'm happy to roll Vanu with you fine folk, the other gaming community I play with seems to be leaning towards New Conglomerate. Anything but Terran, really.

As for outfit names, I prefer Rock Planetside Shotgun to Rock Planet Side.
    Last edited by westyfield; 22-07-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Rock Planet Shotgun is slimmer. :) Also can be read in at least three different ways, which is always fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Rock Planet Shotgun is slimmer
    Actually, its PHAT

That's the name I want until further notice.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Mh, I dunno. I don't really like the "Planet" being in there. It's related to PS and to "Rock" (as it gets bigger with R->P), but then the "Shotgun" part is kinda unrealted and it no longer looks like the "Rock Paper scissorz" pun RPS is. Something like (just something I made up randomly) Rock -> Planet -> Supernova would be in the pun line again, if you get my idea.
    Last edited by bonkers; 23-07-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Activated Node
    For the VS outfit, I think Rock, Paper, Scythe would be a better name.

But Rock, Planet, Shotgun is pretty cool too.
    Last edited by Edlennion; 24-07-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlennion View Post
    For the VS outfit, I think Rock, Paper, Scythe would be a better name.
    Agreed. For VS that seems to be fitting.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Will be disappointed if Rock, Paper, Jackhammer wasn't used for NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Will be disappointed if Rock, Paper, Jackhammer wasn't used for NC.
    We've thought up a name already, but that's a darn good one. The existing name would be "Rock, Traitor, Shotgun".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Has an outfit been created? If not, any objections to a "Rock, Paper, Scythe" VS outfit? I'll create it tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Has an outfit been created? If not, any objections to a "Rock, Paper, Scythe" VS outfit? I'll create it tomorrow.
    Coccyx has already created a general RPS PS2 group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSide
    I'm sure you'd be welcome to create a VS specific one, I've not got around to creating the NC/TR group quite yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Ok, yeah, in that group.

Let me phrase it otherwise.

Hypothetical question: Were someone in the tech test - someone who may or may not be me - and were to set up an RPS Vanu outfit ready for the closed beta, are there any objections to "Rock, Paper, Scythe"
    ?
    Last edited by Cooper; 25-07-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Hypotheticaly speaking I don't think that anybody would steal it from us but I also doubt it would hurt anyone to grab it now if possible.