View Poll Results: Which faction would you like the RPS outfit to opt with on Planteside 2?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terran Republic (TR)

16 16.16%
  • The New Conglomerate (NC)

38 38.38%
  • The Vanu Sovereignty (VS)

45 45.45%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I have a PCG key and I'm not able to play yet. It seems the vets will get in first - fair enough, although one look at the official forums seems to indicate (via a number of 'rage' threads) that half of them only subscribed to the game recently in hopes of getting a key.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    I have a PCG key and I'm not able to play yet. It seems the vets will get in first - fair enough, although one look at the official forums seems to indicate (via a number of 'rage' threads) that half of them only subscribed to the game recently in hopes of getting a key.
    Yep. It's paying subscribers first, then ps1 vets, priority keys and then the rest. So it may take at least several days, if not weeks until everybody who already has a key is in.

So I voted NC in the poll, but someone posted some beta Vanu footage and I have seen the error of my ways. Those blue rocket trails are way too sexy to pass up.

A new poll without the TR on it?

Ick. Thought I had an active sub (I had game time BEFORE they gave the free time) and I've been able to play PS1, but wasn't flagged for beta access. May have been an error, I dunno. Bummer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I can be got via steam here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cooper42

If you get a beta invite, do drop me a message. If I'm not playing (unlikely) I'll be easily swayed into hopping in. For now there are spare few RPSers in the beta it seems, so until there's a decent contingent, I'll save off trying to organise anything greater.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I suspect there will be a lot more of us once they invite all the vets - I'd expect the first wave of that as soon as a week out, but we'll see.

Network Hub
    I wanted to play Terran (I like the weaponry and vehicles better, and at least to me it seemed easier to recognize friendlies at night from the vids I saw), but Vanu was my second choice. I'll wait and see how their netcode pans out, if lag's not an issue then expect too see me running with you guys around launch (I have no beta key, nor did I play PS1). Otherwise I'll be playing on an American server, probably as TR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritashi View Post
    I wanted to play Terran (I like the weaponry and vehicles better, and at least to me it seemed easier to recognize friendlies at night from the vids I saw), but Vanu was my second choice. I'll wait and see how their netcode pans out, if lag's not an issue then expect too see me running with you guys around launch (I have no beta key, nor did I play PS1). Otherwise I'll be playing on an American server, probably as TR.
    I think if this is as successful as I think it will be, there may be enough people for an American contingent; at the very least having a second squad to play with when the main squad is asleep. That said, I've also heard very good things about long-distant connectivity (i.e. Aussies getting a good ping on the US servers in beta).

Somel RPS EU players have also mentioned they would be willing to have alts on the US servers, so we can be your TR nightshift ;)

Network Hub
    Sounds neat! I feel like having multiple characters might not be my cup of tea (not quite double the time to unlock the things I want, and also that I would have 2 different servers to try and dominate instead of 1) but I may try out both groups. If any American contingent goes TR I'll definitely give that a shot, otherwise I may just stick to the EU group if lag isn't a problem. Seems like having people from varied time zones on one server could only be a good thing, really.

Multiple characters is gonna be the only way to try out other factions. Vanu deserve my unyielding adoration of their purple beauty, but I have to admit a soft spot for a mosquito or a scattergun MAX...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Any confirmation on how this works? Will it override my existing beta key attached to my account?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Any confirmation on how this works? Will it override my existing beta key attached to my account?
    If you have used a beta code with your account, you cannot add another.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    If you have used a beta code with your account, you cannot add another.
    Worked for me. I had a key from Twitter and added the Nvidia one.

Rumour has it another wave of beta emails go out tomorrow or Tuesday...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Rumour has it another wave of beta emails go out tomorrow or Tuesday...
    Smedley has confirmed that ALL veterans are getting in beta today. Check your e-mail.

If there are any vets here who have got their email, chase me up in-game (Cooper, Vanu, EU beta server)

Although recent character wipe has bumped me back to BR1 :(
    Last edited by Cooper; 20-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

The keys they gave out via Twitter, do these get beta access at one date/from a specific date on? Anything known when that will be?