Hello everyone,

I'm about to build myself a new PC, thankfully enough money isn't that much of a problem this time around (I hate my job, but I love the money I get from it), so I intend to spend around 1200 (975 pounds, 1.500$) for it. Thanks to the 'hard choices' Series on RPS, I was able to skip the tedious part of me having to do all the research about what kind of hardware actually is good right now. I only pay attention to this stuff when I need to build myself a new PC, which means every 4-5 years.

I will now present you with some kind of first draft of what my PC might look like and of course I hope to get some feedback from you where and how I might be able to improve it.

So here we go:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3470K (~210)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 -V (100)
Graphics Card: Asus GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 (~400-430)
This is the main setup, as you might notice I mostly copied the stuff mentioned in the 'Hard choices' posts for now.

This of course is not the full machine, I still need RAM (I'm thinking about 16GB, simply because I can afford it), a PSU (have no Idea what I need for this, right now I have one with 500W but I'm certain I need a new one), a HD (I'm thinking about 2TB) and a SSD, because everyone is saying that you need one of those nowadays.

I estimated that this kind of setup would cost me around 1100.

So here are my main questions:

Is my 'core Setup' adequate for this amount of money? Or can I improve it somehow?
Have you any specific recommendations for the other parts I still need to buy (HD, SSD, PSU, RAM)?
Do any need anything else?

One last thing: I plan on building this thing with my own hands. There is nothing more satisfying than running your 'hand made' machine for the first time without any kind of weird problem happening.

P.S.: The actual act of buying and building this PC is going to happen in August, as I still need to save some money for it.