Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm happy with my X-Fi too, but for some reason it seems like it's trendy to hate on Creative recently. Yes, their drivers could use work (especially to make them less bloated), but the hardware's fairly good, obnoxious Fatal1ty branding aside.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    I'm happy with my X-Fi too, but for some reason it seems like it's trendy to hate on Creative recently. Yes, their drivers could use work (especially to make them less bloated), but the hardware's fairly good, obnoxious Fatal1ty branding aside.
    The weird thing about Creative software is that they often provide two versions of the same application - a bloated pretty one and a plain jane functional one. For instance, Creative Console Launcher and Creative Audio Control Panel do the exact same thing but the former is stylized and animated whereas the latter conforms to regular Windows application UI design conventions.

I've tried a few competitors but I've been using Creative cards since Sound Blaster 1.0 back in the DOS days and they've been consistently reliable and enjoyable.