Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    3,998

    Lost acess to email and forgot RPS Forum password - Help

    Here is the deal: Google disabled my account with no explanation, and it's unlikely they will give it back, so I'm now in the process of changing all my forum profiles, etc.

    THis forum is logged in, but I forgot the password and it's not saved on my browser either. Since I can't access my email, what can I do? I really don't want to create a new account, since I wanted to maintain my reputation and al, but perhaps this is not a problem?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  2. #2
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Pray tell, how are you automatically logged in if your browser didn't save the password?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  3. #3
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Pray tell, how are you automatically logged in if your browser didn't save the password?
    cookies?
    /10char

  4. #4
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    cookies?
    /10char
    Touche.
    /10char
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  5. #5
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Here is the deal: Google disabled my account with no explanation, and it's unlikely they will give it back, so I'm now in the process of changing all my forum profiles, etc.
    There's never 'no explanation'. I suggest you press them to establish why.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  6. #6
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    There's never 'no explanation'. I suggest you press them to establish why.
    Been doing it for almost a month now. I have been helped by some poor soul that apparently knows their costumer support, but he doesn't really work there. They say they don't disclose the reason to him for 'security reasons'. I even posted in several places, but to no avail.
    The worse is the amount of important things I lost in that email account. :(
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  7. #7
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Been doing it for almost a month now. I have been helped by some poor soul that apparently knows their costumer support, but he doesn't really work there. They say they don't disclose the reason to him for 'security reasons'. I even posted in several places, but to no avail.
    The worse is the amount of important things I lost in that email account. :(
    Either there's some kind of language barrier or you're not telling the full story, because no company works that way. (Also, "posting it in several places" sounds a lot like "complaining on public fora," which never helps your cause.)

    I've had my primary account frozen a couple of times because it was suspected of being compromised. A quick jaunt to prove who I am, a change of the password, and badda boom. Back in action.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  8. #8
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Either there's some kind of language barrier or you're not telling the full story, because no company works that way. (Also, "posting it in several places" sounds a lot like "complaining on public fora," which never helps your cause.)

    I've had my primary account frozen a couple of times because it was suspected of being compromised. A quick jaunt to prove who I am, a change of the password, and badda boom. Back in action.
    I complained thorough the official channels several times, but since nobody cared I started searching in public forums. Some people say that they needed to pay 30cents to confirm they were older than 13, but for me it simply redirects me to here.
    I wish I could talk to someone in customer support, but all that page gives me is a 'Contact Us' form that I filled several times, to no avail.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  9. #9
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Eurasia
    Posts
    4
    Well, there go my cookies. Apparently they expired, so I'm out of my account. Still want to see if I can get my real account back.

  10. #10
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I complained thorough the official channels several times
    Complaining won't get you anywhere. What you need to do is 'ask' why it's been suspended and what you can do about it to get it back.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

  11. #11
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Eurasia
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Complaining won't get you anywhere. What you need to do is 'ask' why it's been suspended and what you can do about it to get it back.
    Complaining was a stretch. I asked them precisely that, but nobody ever answered me. I just wanted to know, but not even that.

  12. #12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,218
    Who's this "TheRealSomini"?
    Certainly he doesn't have anything to do with our old poster Somini.

  13. #13
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal, Eurasia
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Who's this "TheRealSomini"?
    Certainly he doesn't have anything to do with our old poster Somini.
    Certainly an elaborate fake. I even copied the avatar and the lack of skill in the English language...

  14. #14
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    3,998
    I'm back, disregard all this. Jams O'Donnell has solved my problem. Thanks all for your help.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •