Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post

Also I'm way to good natured for this type of game, I can't stand Ben's fuckups but I still saved his ass and let him stay.Why?!
    Because he's clementine's friend, who could stand the hurt

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Finished episode 4 ...goddamn it. Really enjoyed it, but jebus that last chapter was a kick in the ballsack: -

I'm kind of bummed out about Lee getting bit. Short of some act of god, that's basically game over for him at the end of the season and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I would of assumed the game has sold well enough that a second season is on the cards and it seems kind of fucked up that they've essentially doomed their protagonist. Options wise they either go with a new story line entirely (which would make all the effort put in this season for nought) of they have you take over Kenny, and I can't say I'm overly keen on that option either.....fuck....

Anyway story wise I thought it was pretty well done. Loved the fact that Crawford turned out to be a complete clusterfuck. Was sorry to see Chuck bite the dust (wonder if it was possible to save him somehow?). Liked Molly (I'm hoping she reappears in the final episode tbh). Albeit I thought Ben was pretty much useless I did feel a pang of guilt when I let him drop, although I figured that Kenny would likely kill him when we got to safety regardless and Ben kind of wanted it (though I think he regretted that once he hit the ground). Found the occasional action sequences on this one a lot more forgiving with the timing than in episode 3 (fuck that entire sequence in the railways shed tbh) which was a big positive.

Overall thumbs firmly up, but Lee bit though.....goddamn it.....
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Hmm well I was sort of expecting it, someone said early in the thread that they could do the second series later and have Clementine as the lead which could be interesting, guess we'll see!

Personally, I felt like the choices you made on chapter 2 and even a few on chapter 3 were a bit more ambiguous, and that made it more interesting and meaningful, at least for me. When you have the obvious good/bad situation all the time the decision becomes almost automatic, as exemplified by the stats at the end of the chapter. None of them was under 70%positive/30%negative proportion. Still, the story is great and the interactions between the characters are interesting, but the linearity and the way the gameplay is so scripted is kind of annoying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Because he's clementine's friend, who could stand the hurt
    Yup. Were it not for Clem, Ben would be residing in walker bellies for me. Pretty much every decision I make is based on not disappointing her.

None of them was under 70%positive/30%negative proportion.
    That's not how it was for me when I just finished the game now.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 13-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Just finished episode 2 and the game crashes to windows.
    When I launch the game again, all my progress is gone and I can only start a new game or start chapter 3 with random choices.
    Did anyone encountered this issue and solved it?
    (Tried a solution from teltale support site but it did not work.)

I'm a little pissed off right now.

Edit: Started a chapter 3 with random choices that actually fit mine. Played a bit, quit, came back and save is gone (files are in the directory though). Am pissed off a little more.
    Last edited by Avish; 08-11-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Try reading this thread: -

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32837

and the posts by bazenji

You've likely not lost your original saves, it's just the props file cocking up.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Try reading this thread: -

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32837

and the posts by bazenji

You've likely not lost your original saves, it's just the props file cocking up.
    Cheers.
    I copied the props from my document TWD folder to the one in the steam folder and it worked.
    However, I hope I want have to do this every time I quit playing. It's a bloody mess on Telltale's side and I hope they'll fix it or at least provide us with a formal solution.

I snatched this in the Hallows sale, expecting to be bored, but curious all the same enough to drop a tenner. Boy, was I super wrong. The group dynamics - who to trust, who not to, how suspenseful the big arguments can get - it's all pretty well done. Some genuine 'what the fuck?' moments as people inevitably get picked off by Zs or go the whole nine miles to crazy town from the pressure.

There are few things with kids in that I can abide, though this was forgotten after the brutal revenge murder of a bloke via particlarly painful means, only to look around and find Clementine had seen the whole damn thing. Shit. How did I forget she was there?! Usually, I'll start playing this kind of stuff as Capt. G. Twoshoes, so throughout episode one I was deliberately indifferent and a bit of a git for a change. However, come the next episode I was desperately flip-flopping to resolve arguments and maintain calm as best I could. Shit got full 1080p full HD come episode 3 and that scene, just changed the whole game for me. Enough's a fucking nough, thank you very much and certain people were put in their place pronto. I wish I had a webcam on for that moment, to see the stupid face I must have pulled as the cocktail of anger, frustration, helplessness, shock and sorrow mixed to produce an outburst of 'No! What? Oh, fuck no. That's it, red card, you are OUT'.

I was somewhat irked by main plot events being set in stone, but then again if you could go back and press different buttons to reverse and tailor it to preference, it just wouldn't have the same impact. That and I doubt they'd then get the same freedom to shuffle the characters you team-up with and 90% of players would finish with Carley and Lilly being the bestest of friends. The game's about survival, with anyone else that happens to also be left, thus having to handle the emotional personality clashes that inevitably arise with strangers being thrown together on the edge of sanity, as much as the threat of being eaten alive itself. There's simply going to be situations beyond all control, where shit goes fanwards and you just gotta deal with it. I think it manages this to a tee, remembering it is primarily telling a story as an interactive comic book. Can't bloody wait now for ep 5.
    Last edited by Memph; 09-11-2012 at 10:20 AM.

I made the mistake of buying season 1 for my iPad. The mistake being that the controls are shit. People have died because the controls are shit. Also, some action takes place off the edge of the display which I didn't see in time and fucked up my story.

Oh and on two occasions the dialogue choice I picked Lee said something else, totally ruining my story.

The other problem is I'm running out of space to store more apps. I've got episode 1-4 installed currently and have about 1.9gb left. I'd rather play season 2 on Steam but I won't have my saves which means paying another 10 or so for season 1 again, replay it choosing the same choices I made last time.

I definitely can't fit season 2 on my iPad which means I'd have to unistall season 1 but then my saves won't carry over to season 2. Yeah basically I fucked up and should have bought it on Steam at the start.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by soopytwist View Post
    I'd rather play season 2 on Steam but I won't have my saves which means paying another 10 or so for season 1 again, replay it choosing the same choices I made last time.
    The Walking dead plus 400 days is $7.5 on amazon atm, so it would be cheaper, but you would still have to play it unless there is a save game editor out there that I haven't found.

I used a save game editor for Mass Effect 3 when I lost my ME2 saves so they're around and they do work - I just hope there's one for Walking Dead.

Mind you. I won't be playing season 2 until all the episodes are out so I may as well just buy season 1 on Steam later this year when it'll be discounted (it is 20 now) and then buy and play the whole of season 2 on Steam.

I did enjoy season 1 on the iPad, like reading a really good book, but the controls were frustrating.

Oh and after finishing season 1 last night I'm now a broken man. Blubbed like a girl.