Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Terraria

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    No, I just seem to be digging forever.
    Okay, here's the non spoiler ambiguous thing: go back to the surface and walk around to both sides of the map and see what you can find. Just don't fall too far into any large chasms because they're very, very deep. As for the underworld: keep digging. For the first boss, maybe you can find something to do with those lenses at a demonic site. If I was you, I'd focus on killing my first boss (gold armour is well and truly sufficient for the first boss) and look for corruption. After digging for a while you'll find yourself unable to do anything useful (and will probably get killed quickly) until you explore the surface some more.

More specifically (not really spoiling anything): on the surface are the Dungeon (on one side of the map) and large chasms leading to Corruption. At the bottom of corruption you'll find shdaow orbs like Lukasz said. Smash them. To get through corruption you'll need a better pickaxe than gold (which you won't have yet) or an item from a particular NPC which will only turn up after killing one boss. Until you've done these surface things (except Dungeon) there's no point digging any further into the underworld, you're not going to survive and you're not going to be able to do anything worthwhile down there.

Okay, thanks for the veiled pointers, guys :) Already had the eye attack me, I saw his HP and ran like a little bitch figuring I could use a better weapon! Looks like I have to sort him out...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Until you've done these surface things (except Dungeon) there's no point digging any further into the underworld, you're not going to survive and you're not going to be able to do anything worthwhile down there.
    I don't agree, I went to the underworld and got my hellfire stuff before going anywhere else.

//SPOILER
    The trick is to make a base house, make a fast run to the bottom and mine as much as you can before you die. Avoiding Imp's fireballs with the pickaxe is rather easy.
    //SPOILER

The trick is to make a base house, make a fast run to the bottom and mine as much as you can before you die. Avoiding Imp's fireballs with the pickaxe is rather easy.
    //SPOILER
    Yeah but as he hadn't beaten any bosses his pickaxe won't be good enough to mine Hellstone, he needs a minimum of a Nightmare Pickaxe. So there's no real point in going down there except to die :) This was only introduced in Patch 1.0.2 though which is probably why you were able to get it straight off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    eye ain't that hard to kill.

i managed to do that with fire arrows gold bow and silver armour. and it ambushed me when i was building my new castle.

if you prepare for the fight with wooden platforms (you can shoot through them) you just need 20 potions and a bunch of arrows and it will die fairly quickly.

Don't even need arrows, just stock up on shurikens. Since they travel through enemies they'll kill the little eyes that it spawns and have a fast fire rate, it's easy mode. If you've got a good platform setup like you suggested you can do it with iron armour so long as you're careful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    When I played the outdated version I could beat him with iron + golden crown, 30 potions, silver bow and a bit of patience.

Who the hell removed the water from next to the demon altar? It was there for a reason D:

Activated Node
    Server was down a few hours due to some updating and restarting.

Oh and it's got a new IP; 83.226.177.10
    Last edited by IceRaiser; 12-06-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Activated Node
    Ok(double-post I know), The regular server is running on 83.226.177.10 Port 7777.
    AND there's a Newbie-server running at the same IP but port 7778. Only new chars on that server, k?

Activated Node
    There's been some greifing on the main server, please report any player misconduct to me via PM on Steam or here on the forums.

Oooh that might have accidentally been me. There was a goblin invasion and I mistook my bombs for my vilethorn. So there may have been more holes there than were supposed to be. Sorry!
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Okay, just basically "finished" the endgame of a small world in singleplayer. I really do not like this game. It doesn't feel like it has any soul or mystery, and gives off a much greater sense of pointlessness than minecraft, despite them both being open-ended. I guess it's just the focus on combat, rather than sandbox construction - and the combat is fucking awful.

Also, against corrupted stones, TNT is a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Also, against corrupted stones, TNT is a blast!
    powder from the nature girl is cheaper and better.

to get a babe like her into your place you need to kill a boss tough.

Activated Node
    Finally got a tuxedo! Anyone selling sunglasses?

Hm. I thought there was another server to add to the list, but I guess I was wrong.

Also, anyone liking the new update? Im sad you cant flood the "worlds core" anymore, it just burns up. Also, if there are lava slime in water, they use the water up. Same goes for fire imps. arrr!

Do like the new instant pickup messages though.

is rps server active? was it restarted? i cannot check myself atm unfortunately.

should be..

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kody94 View Post
    Finally got a tuxedo! Anyone selling sunglasses?
    The sunglasses/tuxedo combo is a curse. My good computer stopped working without warning shortly after I equipped them, such a shame because it looks badass.

Anyway, I feel like this game is missing a few things which stopped me from enjoying it more - the main one being the AI. I managed to get through the underground jungle with a musket and barely any armour and health, the key is to build small stone bunkers that block hornets and have a gap for shooting. This also is how I mined the underworld with ease.

Maybe if they can get to you they find another way around or simply destroy the blocks between you and them. (would make for interesting goblin raids)