Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rust Paper Shotgun

Official RPS Server
    net.connect 88.150.159.169:29415 OR look for Multiplay :: Rock Paper Shotgun Official
    50 player, PVP, sleepers, 40% crafting & altered loot (military weapons rare, explosives rarer)

Darkmalice' server
    net.connect 212.38.163.93:28415 OR look for Multiplay :: Bollocks under the listings.
    The server is low pop (50 max), sleepers, PvP with loot tables altered, crafting is at 50%.

iamthepieman's server
    net.connect 192.200.113.42:28015
    PVP is on, Sleepers are off, military weapons are much rarer than default and crafting is set at 50% normal crafting time.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 02-02-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Obscure Node
    I'm running a RUST server and would love to have some players from RPS join in on the fun.
    First the important stuff for those who know what RUST is.

server: net.connect 192.200.113.42:28015

PVP is on, Sleepers are off, military weapons are much rarer than default and crafting is set at 50% normal crafting time.
    Now, if you haven't seen Rust then you should really check it out. It's a multi-player first person survival game. You start as a naked man (sorry ladies, it's in alpha) with a rock. You can use the rock to smash pigs, trees or other players. You can starve, freeze, get irradiated or mauled by a bear but the real danger is from other players.

You will die - a lot. You will fall off cliffs and break your legs. You will starve to death as you wander in some lost valley out of earshot of your friends. You will get ambushed by other players so they can steal your hard-won gear. You will get eaten by wolves, die of radiation poisoning and (this is coming next update) hunted by a patrol helicopter.

Rust is made by Facepunch studios, the guys who made Garry's mod. It's in alpha so things are a little rough around the edges. That said, I've spent every minute of free time the past two weeks playing it.

Hope to see you in game.
    Last edited by iamthepieman; 17-01-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added image from Squiz' post

Relevant?

Obscure Node
    I'm working on two new systems for my server.

1. Sheriffs. On most game servers admins can fly around the map invincible, spawning weapons and teleporting to players. I want the admins on my server to enforce the law using in game mechanics. Admins on my server can, ban, kick and teleport but that's it. They can't spawn items, go into godmode or kills players with a command. I'm working on building a network of sheriff outposts stocked with supplies. The Sheriff team will be able to teleport to the outposts. I imagine this is a substitute for the tamed bears my sheriffs will ride to get around quickly once that gets put into the game.

2. Loot Tabes. The default loot tables in rust are kind of wonky. It's an alpha so that's to be expected. However I've got some spreadsheets with all the loot and chance to drop and am working on making the really great items like military grade weapons and blueprints drop rarely so that it's a big find if you get one.

For example. The riot shotgun is pretty common on default RUST servers and it's pretty powerful. On my server it's very rare. There's actually only one on the entire server right now. The player who got it found it in a supply drop and as soon as other players knew he had it, he was a marked man. He was hunted, killed and now the shotgun is owned by somebody else.

Obscure Node
    I'm stealing that picture for the OP.

This is 100% possible. We had a new player put his base next to a very established player. Rather than taking him out right away or demanding that he move, the established player let him build up supplies, secure his base and befriended him. This occurred over a couple of days and play sessions.

Then, when the time was ripe, he murdered the new player, blew down his wall and stole his stuff.

I prefer the more covert approach. I blow up a wall, grab the other players best items and then replace the wall so they never know someone was there.

EDIT: I should add that C4, the stuff you use to raid other people's bases is very rare on my server so raiding has to be well planned and timed so you don't waste it. If you've played RUST on another server, the experience will be quite different.
    Last edited by iamthepieman; 17-01-2014 at 07:34 PM.

damn, this does sound like a blast. but it is a dayz type affair where you shouldnt get too attached to your stuff, right?

How hideable is housing?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    damn, this does sound like a blast. but it is a dayz type affair where you shouldnt get too attached to your stuff, right?

How hideable is housing?
    The map is pretty big. You can go way out in the middle of nowhere and build a house that people will never see. Of course, this means you won't be near the radtowns which are where you can find good loot.

You can also build a pretty secure base so even if it is in on the main road, it will be hard to get into - doesn't mean other players won't try though.

Some people build houses within houses, others build houses on stilts and some people just spread their gear out in a bunch of little hidden houses so if one is broken into they only lose part of their gear.

These interviews are hilarious (also linked on Penny Arcade).

Obscure Node
    Got 13 people on tonite. Lots of noobs getting their bearings. And the older players are murdering them and taking them into their clans depending on their mood.

well are we going to work together or is it a server decision thing?

note: dont have time to start yet though, maybe during the week.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

also, this game sounds perfect for treasure hunts.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    well are we going to work together or is it a server decision thing?

note: dont have time to start yet though, maybe during the week.
    As the server admin I try to stay out of the big player clans. I mostly help new players, answer questions and work on the outpost network.

If you're not coming in with some friends then i recommend asking if anyone can help you and if there's a clan you can join. right now there are 3 or 4 factions and they are all looking for a leg up on each other so generally you can find a clan willing to take you under their wing.

well as you can see, I bought the game and will be playing soonish.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Hi guys, was gonna do a thread before I noticed this one, hope I'm not intruding.
    Anyway we're starting up our UK server aswell, with a wipe this week so anyone joining can start fresh.

You can net.connect 212.38.163.93:28415 OR look for Multiplay :: Bollocks under the listings.
    The server is low pop (50 max), sleepers, PvP with loot tables altered to try and give a better 'survival' experience. We also run the Oxide admin tools and some other guff. Three of us are admins and we're nice, I would say mature but perhaps it would be more accurate to say we're in our 30's. :P
    2/3 of us are UK based but tend to be on late.

You can also add me on Steam (Darkmalice) and join the game from there.

EDIT: Oh, and crafting is at 50%.
    Last edited by Darkmalice; 20-01-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Check my YouTube Channel here

updated the first post with all servers so far.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Perfect time to check these forums, I was just looking for another server to start on. (The one I was on got wiped with no notice :*()

I'll check them both out tonight and see which one takes my fancy! :D

Im playing on the 50 man server, come join! I dislike bandits.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

@darkmalice: I had someone trying to join, but he couldnt because of an update. maybe the server needs to be updated too?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

fixed, thanks!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Yeah I'll likely tweak it a bit [s]until the wipe this week[/s]. I was hoping to get some loot spawning in the wasteland but I haven't been able to find any entity-spawning commands to use for a mod.

EDIT: After a chat we've decided not to wipe and just toss our stuff to start over, as it was only a handful of us. We'll work on doing some events for gear and laughs too.
    Last edited by Darkmalice; 21-01-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Check my YouTube Channel here