Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub Rosa

Sub Rosa

Anyone for a game of this?

http://7dfps.org/?projects=sub-rosa

Don't reckon my dodgy router will support serving.

It sounds neat enough. I am down for it later today (like 4pm onwards) as I have some important exam nonsense to deal with until then. I can probably host too, if you need me to.

Edit: I can also throw up a server before I leave if people want to play before then.

I'm definitely up for a game

I can give this a whirl. Let me know when and I'll be there.

Obscure Node
    I'd be up for this.

Tried it briefly last night on the Cryptic Sea server, should be good fun with a group of RPSers. Let's do this.

Looks interesting enough to give it a try, so count me in.

Obscure Node
    Played a bit of it yesterday. It definitely needs some better way of communicating than just in-game chat.

Count me in aswell.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

A server is currently up, try joining 90.191.102.205.
    EDIT: it appears the server browser window is borked, server is no longer up.
    Last edited by Siddin; 21-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.

We tried playing it with about 11 people from the RPS steam chat today, and it was laggy as hell. Completely unplayable. Could have been the internet of the hosting player (although I kinda doubt it with that few players) or, as is much more likely, very alpha netcode. Hopefully things will improve, as the concept seems pretty cool.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by egg651 View Post
    Could have been the internet of the hosting player (although I kinda doubt it with that few players)
    Impossibru! I have been hosting about 20 player matches before in various games with no problems at all.

You can change the Bandwidth setting in the options, it defaults to 100000 bytes per second but if your connection is good you can increase it which helps. A low ping is really important right now also. I'll be fixing the netcode in the next version, it was completely hacked in.

Since Alex himself is here, I feel like I should dedicate this post to saying how awesome you and your games are. Seriously, they're amazing considering the size of your dev team. Keep up the work on A New Zero, it's looking really promising! I love how all the vehicle and player movement is heavily physics based, it really makes it stand out from the crowd. And you know, should you need some testers, I'm sure the folks in the RPS chat will always be happy to oblige...

P.S I am under strict orders to pass this message on:
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ That may or may not be forged, even I can't be sure
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Thanks, I've finished a new version of Sub Rosa with better netcode and a dedicated server, it's on my blog. You should try it out again, babies or no.

Is that 0.05? We tried it yesterday - I never tried the previous version, so I couldn't say whether the netcode had improved, but it seemed responsive enough for the most part, with the occasional burst of lag.

The way your guy slides around is a bit weird.

I've got to echo Egg's love for ANZ too.

Obscure Node
    In response to today's article, a few of us are playing this. If you're interested, hop on the RPS Mumble and join Morello's dedicated server.

Just tried this for my first time, I had no clue of what the hell was going on so I just followed my team around and shot back at people. Apparently that wasn't what I was supposed to be doing as I received a VERY heavy penalty one round (went from +$400 to -$1900) for killing 2 guys who were shooting at me. I'm not sure if the penalty was for not following the rules or because they were my teammates (who mistook me for an enemy and started firing at me).

I was following this since it was announced for 7DFPS, but I've never actually played it till yesterday. Tremendous fun; simple graphics allow for amazing kinaesthetics, and the flow of the match is entirely due to the human element, like a boardgame.

Looking forward to the next update which adds helicopters, AI traffic, a new map and building interiors. And hopefully a fixed VOIP system because it's a game of communication.