Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

Frozen Synapse Dark Extermination League - Season 10

Sign-ups for season 10 are now open! If you would like to take part please do three things:

1) Add yourself to this list. In the third column please say either "y"(="yes I'm happy to play matches with mutators") or "n"(="no, I'd rather not play with mutators"). You don't need to have Red to join in, you just won't be able to issue challenges with mutators. You'll be able to receive them just fine.

2) PM your email address to me (optional, but it will be very useful if I need to give you a nudge). I will not disclose it to anyone else, except maybe WombatDeath or whoever takes over admin duties after me, but even then only with your permission. If you have previously PM'd your address to WombatDeath in an earlier season please consider sending it to me too.

3) Click here to go to the RPS forum settings and edit the 'Private Messaging' section so that you get an email and/or a popup when someone (e.g. me) sends you a PM.

Season 10 will begin on the 1st July and will last until the 15th July so please don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable during that period. You will probably be required to play between 4 and 6 games (division sizes are subject to the number of players). Rules are as in previous seasons, and will be posted prior to the start of the season. The old tables and stuff can still be found here.

New and old players are all welcome! No experience required, and weaponry will be provided. Sign up!
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 24-06-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Mutators for all!

F1r5t!!!one!eleven

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Nothing profound to say, I'm just too lazy to bother with the subscribe to this thread thingy.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    Woo, big release at work will be over by then, so I'm in :)
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Signed up!

Don't have red yet, probably will by the time it starts.

Wait, do we need red to join? I will sign up, but I might need to quit if with do need red.

Good news, my Windows disc and new video card both arrived yesterday and have been installed successfully. It looks like you all will be enjoying shooting me in the face soon enough.

Sorry rodeo, it looks like those virgins you sacrificed weren't quite so virginal after all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodzillaHunter View Post
    Wait, do we need red to join? I will sign up, but I might need to quit if with do need red.
    Nope, you only need the base game. I'll make a note of that in the top post.

If you don't have Red you won't be able to issue challenges with mutators, but you'll be able to receive them no problem. Mode7 Games: Doing It Right!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Good news, my Windows disc and new video card both arrived yesterday and have been installed successfully. It looks like you all will be enjoying shooting me in the face soon enough.

Sorry rodeo, it looks like those virgins you sacrificed weren't quite so virginal after all.
    My religion frowns on virgin sacrifices, so you must have me confused with someone else.
    Also, I have misplaced all my platypi.

Oh, and awesome, glad to have you back!
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Once more unto the breach!

Hi everyone! I signed up.

Welcome aboard!

This season will have infinity percent more me in it! Whether or not that is a good thing remains to be seen; I haven't logged in since season 7, which was three hundred years ago. Still, I look forward to being shot in the face in new and interesting ways.

Obscure Node
    Hello, I would like to say that I registered to this forum only because of your Frozen Synapse league. I hope It's okay with you guys that I'm not originaly a Rock Paper Shotgun guy. I do read some of their articles here or there though.
    I would also really love to know if you guys know of any other such leagues, Frozen Synapse ladders or other noteworthy competitions? Thanks. Looking forward to this!

Network Hub
    Not an issue that you aren't a "Rock Paper Shotgun guy" :)
    Glad you could sign up!
    Find me on Steam

I as well signed up just for these leagues.
    Then i read some other threads and sticked around. It is a really nice forum for pc gaming. However, i do not know about the bigger RPS forums, i never left this sub-forum. ^^

Regarding your question: There is http://dgl.devgaming.net/tournaments...t=id&order=ASC

At least some time in the back, they got advertised in the FS chat. But i joined one, and it did not finish due to nobody enforcing the time schedules or otherwisely taking care of anything. Looking through the ladders of the last few seasons there, that seams to not have changed.
    Also it has 'Pro-Gaming' written everywhere on the site and i happen to be allergic to that term, but that is just me. ^^

I played two rounds in the devgaming league and was soundly thumped both times, 2-0 and 2-1.

If you're looking for another tournament there's a new one being organised in r/PlayDateEU which I've signed up for - most of the people who've shown an interest seem to be pretty new to the game. Sign ups are here.

Hmm, that requires reddit accounts older than a week...

Guess i should register one now anyways to be ready if there is another one.

edit: Maybe i can bribe someone. Hehe *rubs hands*
    Last edited by DeVadder; 29-06-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Didn't notice that. Maybe they'll waive it if we ask nicely.