Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lesser Hivemind Node

Mass Effect 3 Ending DLC Update

Hey all,

Looks like Bioware have updated the Ending DLC Info and given a release date, it's due out on the June 26th and seems pretty substantial.

Not sure if anyone else has been waiting on it, but I've been looking forward to it.
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    From the page for those too lazy to go through the age gate:
    How much is the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.

When does the Extended Cut release?

• The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.

How large is the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.

How do I get the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, Origin on PC, and PlayStation Network at no additional cost.

What is included in the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.

Does the Extended Cut change the endings?

• The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.

What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?

• [SPOILERS] To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.

Where can I learn more about the Extended Cut?

• To learn more about the Extended Cut, please enjoy the Extended Cut interview podcast with Community Manager Jessica Merizan, Executive Producer Casey Hudson, and Lead Writer Mac Walters.
    And here is said "podcast" (YT vid).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    From the page for those too lazy to go through the age gate:
    And here is said "podcast" (YT vid).
    Thanks for that dude, turns I'm out a not quite lazy enough to give up at the age gate but cutting and pasting is beyond my helpfulness limit :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    That said, if they wanted to be dicks about it - and it's tempting - they could have made it a rare unlock from the multiplayer. :}
    Don't be giving them ideas :-P
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It will give me a reason to play the games again. I think I'm going to go through all three games and be the biggest asshole possible, no matter how hard it gets.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    It will give me a reason to play the games again. I think I'm going to go through all three games and be the biggest asshole possible, no matter how hard it gets.
    SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (though I doubt anyone reading this and actually cares about spoilers...)

Even shooting Mordin? Because that was the point that I was not able to be renegade anymore. The first time I actually did it, but I had to load because I felt so bad. For the next ~20 mins, the game tries to make you feel terrible about yourself if you actually do.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGodzillaHunter View Post
    SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (though I doubt anyone reading this and actually cares about spoilers...)

Even shooting Mordin? Because that was the point that I was not able to be renegade anymore. The first time I actually did it, but I had to load because I felt so bad. For the next ~20 mins, the game tries to make you feel terrible about yourself if you actually do.
    You may want to have a look at this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...you-didnt-play

Basically, if you really, really hate Krogans, you can get Mordin to survive AND be as Renegade as you like!

Not that it matters in the end etc etc

Banned
    Please tell me it costs money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    The first answer: -

The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    The first answer: -
    That said, if they wanted to be dicks about it - and it's tempting - they could have made it a rare unlock from the multiplayer. :}
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just give the man what he wants.
    [lies]It cost money[/lies]

edit
    The bile would block out the sun.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Sorry. But the vision of Bioware fans, who bought a broken game at full price, paying even more so that Bioware fixes it and being thankful for it was just too delicious.

Sorry. But the vision of Bioware fans, who bought a broken game at full price, paying even more so that Bioware fixes it and being thankful for it was just too delicious.
    Bitter, much?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The bile would block out the sun.
    This is the internet; when does it not?
    Last edited by Nalano; 22-06-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bitter, much?
    Yeah, I was disappointed by the ending as well, note disappointed not filled with burning fury of a thousands dying stars, the thought that they've taken on board the feedback, gone away and been working on a 1.9Gig DLC update to try and make fans happy rather then sticking two fingers up and telling people to jog on while whistling all the way to the bank makes up for it as far as I'm concerned!
    Waraura

Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Yeah, I was disappointed by the ending as well, note disappointed not filled with burning fury of a thousands dying stars, the thought that they've taken on board the feedback, gone away and been working on a 1.9Gig DLC update to try and make fans happy rather then sticking two fingers up and telling people to jog on while whistling all the way to the bank makes up for it as far as I'm concerned!
    Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it's not even come out yet and you're already deadset on hating hate hate hate hate

Seriously. If this is the sort of market a company has to cater to, they might as well punk the lot of you because it'd be a lot less effort for the same result. For fuck's sake.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it's not even come out yet and you're already deadset on hating hate hate hate hate

Seriously. If this is the sort of market a company has to cater to, they might as well punk the lot of you because it'd be a lot less effort for the same result. For fuck's sake.
    Um did you read my post? Or are you agreeing with me? Sorry I'm kinda confused cos my post quite clearly says that while I wasn't a fan of the ending, I'm happy with what they're doing WHEN THEY COULD HAVE just ignored the general discontent?
    Waraura

Remember that hater are going to hate.
    Being Perfect is simple....
    Just don't do anything ever and you should be good to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I'm not entirely sure many people are necessarily going to be thankful. Fundamentally the storyline ends the same way, and it's the nature of the ending which essentially pissed people off. That it's adding more to the game is no bad thing, so I will definitely play it, and given they've fixed the stupid ME1 head issue I might well replay it from scratch with a Shepard that looks close to my original. On the positives, after innumerable hours on the MP with fellow RPSrs I won't be buying all the guns, but instead concentrate on the ones that are worthwhile.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not entirely sure many people are necessarily going to be thankful. Fundamentally the storyline ends the same way, and it's the nature of the ending which essentially pissed people off.
    I think this is probably right. I doubt this will make me like the ending. It might make me dislike it less, though, so that is better than nothing.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Banned
    I'm not entirely sure many people are necessarily going to be thankful. Fundamentally the storyline ends the same way, and it's the nature of the ending which essentially pissed people off.
    So the whole kid and A B C buttons is still there?

I don't have any desire to replay ME3.