Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    eh. i've already uninstalled and cba to re-download the thing (and definitely cba to ever replay that tedious london shit again).

kudos to bioware, i guess. didn't have to but they did (could've just gotten it right the first time, though).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'm not entirely sure many people are necessarily going to be thankful. Fundamentally the storyline ends the same way, and it's the nature of the ending which essentially pissed people off.
    So the whole kid and A B C buttons is still there?

Quote Originally Posted by hinmimikol View Post
    Wait, do I have to redo my readiness that I haven't touched to get the Shepard breathing ending from the extended cut and I really have to replay an hour and a half worth of game play just to see it?
    That's my biggest concern right now. I raised readiness using the Datapad app, but it took so much time I don't know whether I want to invest that again.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Incredibly, Casey Hudson still maintains that we weren't satisfied because of a lack of closure and because we couldn't let go of the characters?! What an absolute cretin. If this was written by him and Mac Walters again I don't have very high hope for it at all.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Incredibly, Casey Hudson still maintains that we weren't satisfied because of a lack of closure and because we couldn't let go of the characters?! What an absolute cretin. If this was written by him and Mac Walters again I don't have very high hope for it at all.
    Pretty much my issue, saying the issue was closure when that was a fairly minor issue to the ending being nonsensical is not going to appease anyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    So the whole kid and A B C buttons is still there?
    Yes. It's not a rewrite, it's a reworking. They didn't record any more voice work as far as anyone knows. Though it goes without saying that they likely had a metric tonne of unused recordings anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    The premise won't have changed, it's more a case of them rounding things out.

TBF and trying to look beyond my own disappointment/issues with the nature of the ending I think they tried to go for the esoteric by stripping it back to the absolute minimum in terms of information and that backfired on them. I don't suspect that the EC is going to turn things around for them in terms of people overall take away from the nature of the ending, though it might make the biiter pill a little bit easier to swallow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Yes. It's not a rewrite, it's a reworking. They didn't record any more voice work as far as anyone knows. Though it goes without saying that they likely had a metric tonne of unused recordings anyway.
    Um... Yes, they did. It was pretty well known - Lance Henriksen (think I spelt that wrong) confirmed it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I wasn't contradicting you. I was concurring with you.
    Ha sorry then, misread it :-)
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Um... Yes, they did. It was pretty well known - Lance Henriksen (think I spelt that wrong) confirmed it.
    Nothing popped up on my radar tbh. Sounds like he was brought in to do some end dialogue.

Nothing popped up on my radar tbh. Sounds like he was brought in to do some end dialogue.
    Source.

More voice work was done. How much is, of course, debatable.

Banned
    No mention of Hale or Meer makes me think that it's a case of different voice overs at the ending. Maybe Hackett for the destroy reapers ending and maybe EDI for the synthesis one.

Or maybe he just wasn't aware of it? It wasn't an ME interview, it was one for something else. But either way, it's confirmed new voice acting has been done (and with Tricia and Lance, that means GREEN BEEN SPENT) so how it'll pan out is, well, something to wait for.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    At least it can't be worse than the ME3 ending... oh wait.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Uninstalled it, and pretty sure I deleted the saves too. Think I'll just YouTube some of the new endings (although I was perfectly happy with the original one).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Depending on what happens with this TF2 craziness I may simply watch it on youtube as well. If I'm bored enough to load up ME3 on the 26th then I will play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    At least it can't be worse than the ME3 ending... oh wait.
    My boilerplate for such things;

So is there any playing in the DLC or is it just a movie, which they could just do a youtube video of if thats the case.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Activated Node
    I've still got it installed. I'm just going to have to wait and see... but I have a feeling that it's just going to be like the footage George Lucas added to the end of Return of the Jedi after the prequels came out. Midiclorians stay in, but hey, there's dancing on Naboo now!

It's a pretty horrible situation. Bioware insist again and again that the huge, violent outrage was down to a "lack of closure". And it wasn't. It was all down to the sparkling eight-year-old telling you that slowly and painfully murdering 99% of sentient life and turning the final 1% into soup was a good idea because otherwise Skynet would take over.

If there is an option to garrote starchild I will be somewhat appeased.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    It will give me a reason to play the games again. I think I'm going to go through all three games and be the biggest asshole possible, no matter how hard it gets.
    SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (though I doubt anyone reading this and actually cares about spoilers...)

Even shooting Mordin? Because that was the point that I was not able to be renegade anymore. The first time I actually did it, but I had to load because I felt so bad. For the next ~20 mins, the game tries to make you feel terrible about yourself if you actually do.