Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 265
  1. #61
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,154
    I find that conclusion to be agreeable from a legal stand point. As much as I don't like the endings I don't find them to be false advertising.

  2. #62
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I find that conclusion to be agreeable from a legal stand point. As much as I don't like the endings I don't find them to be false advertising.
    Well legally it wasn't (the very point). However the expectation was that the differences would be somewhat more significant based off of story line decisions, Vs some mathematical formula which can effectively be broken though MP promotions.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    He who controls the Doge controls the universe

  3. #63
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Well legally it wasn't (the very point). However the expectation was that the differences would be somewhat more significant based off of story line decisions, Vs some mathematical formula which can effectively be broken though MP promotions.
    It would be a fine world to live in if all develops were forced to ensure their products lived up to the hype of their respective PR Machines.

    In the case of pretty much every game people expect the game they play to fall slightly short of what was hyped. People just expected better of Bioware as they'd set the bar so high previously :-)
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

  4. #64
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,980
    I just wanted the "all goes to total shit" ending to have more internal logic.

    My favourite part is migrant fleet of the Quarians now stuck in a Sol system, if they survive the geth. Given the Migrant fleet survives off of "strip mining" one system then moving to another using relays, they are basicaly screwed now.

    So the Quarian outcomes are "geth exterminate them"
    "Quarians exterminate geth but then end up stranded in Sol and die out"
    or
    "Quarians make peace with the geth but then end up stranded in Sol and die out"

    It's like a great big "Fuck you" to a whole race. And I love that.

    But it doesn't come across a a great big fuck you out of conviction; it doesn't seem that the writers were invested enough in the great big fuck you to their galaxy. It seems like the "fuck you Quarians" was an unintended result of poor writing.

    The crybabies wanted closure, the rest of us just wanted an ending with the same level and standard of (albeit trashy space opera) writing we had spent hours with...

    A >2GB patch is unlikely to change this.
    Last edited by Cooper; 25-06-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  5. #65
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,155
    It'll likely be something like this.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  6. #66
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    It would be a fine world to live in if all develops were forced to ensure their products lived up to the hype of their respective PR Machines.

    In the case of pretty much every game people expect the game they play to fall slightly short of what was hyped. People just expected better of Bioware as they'd set the bar so high previously :-)
    Also I don't believe the innumerable 10/10 perfect game reviews helped much either. That bar Giantbomb not one of the big review sites had any problem with the series conclusion from a story line perspective speaks volumes about how out of synch with the audience the gaming press are at times. Games has no bugs...90+ post it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    But it doesn't come across a a great big fuck you out of conviction; it doesn't seem that the writers were invested enough in the great big fuck you to their galaxy. It seems like the "fuck you Quarians" was an unintended result of poor writing.
    I don't get the impression from what's been said that neither Hudson or Walters ran the conclusion through writer peer review. If they had I doubt we'd of gotten what we did as many of the failings would of been ironed out then and there.

    The crybabies wanted closure, the rest of us just wanted an ending with the same level and standard of (albeit trashy space opera) writing we had spent hours with...
    Do those not go hand in hand? I'm confused as to whom falls into the category of crybabies here?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    He who controls the Doge controls the universe

  7. #67
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Also I don't believe the innumerable 10/10 perfect game reviews helped much either. That bar Giantbomb not one of the big review sites had any problem with the series conclusion from a story line perspective speaks volumes about how out of synch with the audience the gaming press are at times. Games has no bugs...90+ post it.
    But there's a perspective issue. For average bloke, playing ME3, the ending sticks out because it's the last thing you see. For a reviewer, it's half a page at the end of 16 pages of notes on the game as a whole, most of which are entirely praise. Not saying one point is more valid than the other, but I see the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I just wanted the "all goes to total shit" ending to have more internal logic.

    My favourite part is migrant fleet of the Quarians now stuck in a Sol system, if they survive the geth. Given the Migrant fleet survives off of "strip mining" one system then moving to another using relays, they are basicaly screwed now.
    I didn't see it that way. They have their own planet back, and the Geth to help them colonise (possibly).

  8. #68
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Games has no bugs...90+ post it.
    A complete aside, but there were certainly bugs in the game. Like the 'deadzone' at the front of the ship that left you completely stuck if you walked on it, leaving you with no option but to reload a save unless you can trigger a cutscene. I seemed to hit that damn thing every time I went to talk to Joker and EDI.

  9. #69
    Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Also I don't believe the innumerable 10/10 perfect game reviews helped much either. That bar Giantbomb not one of the big review sites had any problem with the series conclusion from a story line perspective speaks volumes about how out of synch with the audience the gaming press are at times. Games has no bugs...90+ post it.
    I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that reviews written shortly after release are nearly worthless, unless it's a quick judgment of "it's shite". The hype surrounding a new release is a powerful reality distortion field, and too many reviewers tend to love anything half-decent. Anything new and shiny is the best thing ever.

    After a few months, when people are looking back, opinions often change.

  10. #70
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    191
    Does it add to cut scenes throughout the game, or just from the assault on the Cerberus Base? Too much into Skyrim, to be playing the game all over with nothing new.

  11. #71
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,611
    It's just from the moment you run into the beam.

  12. #72
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,524
    BioWare is apparently planning to release this in the morning hours, which should translate to an early afternoon for us Europeans. Given the limited duration of the DLC the first Let's Play walkthrough videos will probably appear on YouTube within a few hours.

    Edit: Now apparently scheduled for 'before noon MST'; early evening in Europe. Meanwhile, it seems to be available on Microsoft's console.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 26-06-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  13. #73
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    BioWare is apparently planning to release this in the morning hours, which should translate to an early afternoon for us Europeans. Given the limited duration of the DLC the first Let's Play walkthrough videos will probably appear on YouTube within a few hours.

    Hmm I'll definitely be playing it through and avoiding the videos. Seem rather pointless to be complaining about how the endings were too similar and generic without giving any closure to a particular play throughs cannon to be watching someone else
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

  14. #74
    Lesser Hivemind Node Oshada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    I didn't see it that way. They have their own planet back, and the Geth to help them colonise (possibly).
    But Rannoch's not in the Sol relay, is it? And all the mass relays were destroyed? Oops!

  15. #75
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    So the Quarian outcomes are "geth exterminate them"
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    "Quarians exterminate geth but then end up stranded in Sol and die out"
    Wow, quite a leap there, with the reapers gone away the Quarians could very quickly with Human assistance work towards via methods of biological research for immunity improvement, a mass relay alternative of some kind or containment compounds on earth (or more logically mars since the atmosphere would be hostile anyway), but no, they must die out, good catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    "Quarians make peace with the geth but then end up stranded in Sol and die out"
    See above but: and Geth, as the reaper upgrades would make even the sol system Geth survivors quite adequate for the basis of Geth self reproduction, and these bad boys can frog march Mars' terraforming(Rannochforming?) if they really wanted to.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 26-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  16. #76
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    But Rannoch's not in the Sol relay, is it? And all the mass relays were destroyed? Oops!
    Oh yeah, the people left on the ships that joined the fleet might be in trouble for sure. But they would have known that going against the reapers was something of a suicide mission anyway, I'm almost sure most of the city-ships had their population disembark at Rannoch. It's not like they needed all (or even most) of them to run the ships.

    And that's actually part of the ending that worked for me. The Quarian fleet would have been screwed had you not resolved the Rannoch situation earlier on.

  17. #77
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Seem rather pointless to be complaining about how the endings were too similar and generic without giving any closure to a particular play throughs cannon to be watching someone else
    I see your point, and it's a very valid one. I'm not too bothered about anybody but Shepard though, so I'll watch a video to see if enough has changed with regards to her fate to warrant reinstalling, downloading 2GB of DLC, and replaying two missions.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  18. #78
    Lesser Hivemind Node Oshada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    698
    Yeah, the whole Quarian-Geth arc was one of the best parts of the game. It's a shame the ending pissed over that resolution :(

  19. #79
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I see your point, and it's a very valid one. I'm not too bothered about anybody but Shepard though, so I'll watch a video to see if enough has changed with regards to her fate to warrant reinstalling, downloading 2GB of DLC, and replaying two missions.
    Yeah, I've still got my installed as I play the multiplayer still, having said that I've still got ME1 & ME2 installed as well. Bit of a hoarder and don't tend to uninstalled things till the hard drive starts looking flabby :-/
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

  20. #80
    Lesser Hivemind Node Oshada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    698
    It seems they've reduced the EMS requirement, now you only need 3100 for the best ending. Even at the default 50% that's 6200, which is easily gettable in single player.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •