Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bayonetta and Infamous 2 are fairly good.

One thing you should know is, to reset the display settings, if there out of range or something. When the console is off(red), then hold the power button for five seconds till it beeps twice then it will reset the display.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    Actually, don't do this yet. The Journey Collector's Edition is coming out, and will come with Flower, Flow, the soundtracks to all three games, and some other stuff as well. I think it's going to be around $30 or so.
    No Euro release, sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Thank goodness I'm a fat, stupid American then.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    using your monitor with an hdmi switch and some convertors to use the composite cables for sound through your pc speakers (a set-up i used for years) is a better plan than using an sdtv. seriously. you do not want to play a ps3 on a non-hd television.
    I'm using a similar set-up. PS3>HDMI>DVI-converter>Monitor and the Optical Audio cable to my PC speakers. This works flawlessly. I have read some people have run into trouble due to HDCP issues, so make sure your monitor supports that first.

The reason I did not connect the PS3 to a TV is that I needed a desk to which I could attach a wheel for use with Gran Turismo 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Vague-rant View Post
    I can't afford to buy a new TV and while space around the TV isn't an issue, space on/around my desk is.
    Extension cables for both HDMI and Optical Audio cost me about €10 each, which each gave me about 5 meters of room to work with. That was more than enough and allowed me to place the PS3 away from my desk. The wireless controller is also not an issue; after the initial set-up it has never been connected to the PS3 because it can be charged at a PC's USB port without problems.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 27-06-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    Thank goodness I'm a fat, stupid American then.
    More to the point, thank goodness for lack of region restrictions on PS3 games!

Network Hub
    I've heard some good comments about God of War. Don't know though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
    I've heard some good comments about God of War. Don't know though.
    If you liked the previous GoW games, it's the prettiest of the bunch and probably has the best weapons/combat. If you've played superior action games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black or God Hand, just know that you're going to be disappointed by the lack of depth. (Speaking of which, be sure to snag God Hand off PSN)

Network Hub
    Okay folks, the console and a copy of Valkyria Chronicles arrived today. First impressions are... easy to set up, using standard definition things look okay (though the style of the game may be helping to offset the less sharp lines). The majority of fonts are easy enough to read, but there are a few numbers that are simply impossible.

As for the game, only played about one hour, but I'm enjoying it. I like the setting a lot, the art style is consistent and good, whilst the characters are tolerable- which is fine because this thing is really cutscene heavy which helps bring context to what is effectively a turn based strategy game. It seems like a game that would work well on PC given the use of a cursor, but I'm managing on a controller just fine.

It will be interesting to see if I can tolerate Uncharted in SD though, without the cell shaded style to forgive the blurriness.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Vague-rant View Post
    Okay folks, the console and a copy of Valkyria Chronicles arrived today. First impressions are... easy to set up, using standard definition things look okay (though the style of the game may be helping to offset the less sharp lines). The majority of fonts are easy enough to read, but there are a few numbers that are simply impossible.

As for the game, only played about one hour, but I'm enjoying it. I like the setting a lot, the art style is consistent and good, whilst the characters are tolerable- which is fine because this thing is really cutscene heavy which helps bring context to what is effectively a turn based strategy game. It seems like a game that would work well on PC given the use of a cursor, but I'm managing on a controller just fine.

It will be interesting to see if I can tolerate Uncharted in SD though, without the cell shaded style to forgive the blurriness.
    It's... special, to play in SD. My old roomate and I, when we bought our PS3, only had SD composite cables for a week or so after we set it up (but still a good sized HDTV). The only two games we owned at the time were Arkham Asylum (so dark and grainy it didn't make much of a difference) and Resistance (I know, EWWW CONSOLE SHOOTER, but it's still the best one on the system) which actually benefited from it, given the pseudo-50s aesthetic.

The numbers in Valkyria Chronicles are pretty stylized (it's a weird font). They're hard to make out at 720p - I dare say it would be impossible in SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Gran Turismo 5.

It's the only game I ever considered buying a PS3 for.

Infamous (2) is also quite good apperently.
    It's the game I bought a PS3 for. So yea Gran Turismo 5 man, it's kinda good :P

Other good stuff:

Metal Gear Solid 4
    Dark & Demon's Souls
    Red Dead Redemption
    God of War 3
    Vanquish
    ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
    MGS HD Collection
    Final Fantasy XIII

Haha, I jest. FFXIII is absolute crap.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.