View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 1 of 415 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar

RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Welcome all!

This is the main thread for the unofficial RPS blood bowl league 'The Divisions of Death'. All are welcome who enjoy the fine wine of violence and the meat of...violence. We are a group of like-minded RPS-ites who enjoy playing Cyanide's PC game 'Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition' in a league format together.

We are always looking for new recruits, so please post in here and say hi if you would like to join us, we don't bite (often). We run 30 day 'seasons' with 3 games each, 10 day windows to play each game, so each 30 days we can take on new players. Once you've posted in here, add your details to our organising sheet,

HERE

And in the 'season info' tab, at the bottom of the list of players, add your coach name (from the forum), ideally your steam ID, definitely your blood bowl online ID and your timezone along with when you are usually available.The 'race balance' tab shows the currently available race slots. The rules we use to manage the league are also in the sheet above under the 'rules and stuff' tab so have a look there if you want to know more about league structure and general management of the divisions. If it all looks too scary, just ask in here and one of our many wizened sages will be able to help.

I also strongly recommend you 'track' the thread if you're keen on joining, by subscribing for an email update (instant, daily, or weekly) so if you join up but we don't start the next season for 3 weeks, you'll get a nudge when we're about to start (and enjoy the many many pages of fine, high quality match reports and blood bowl theorizing, right chaps?).

As for organising matches, do that:
    HERE
    Apply to join the group, then organise your match in the correct group for your division.

That's it for now, just post in here to join in. See you on the field! (with my boot on your head).
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 05-03-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Ok chaps, now that I've recreated 'post 1' in the new forums, lets try to use this from now on for the division management. I'll be keeping a close eye on the old thread but I'm guessing most folks will be posting in here now. Definitely use the new match organising thread in here. Any issues/thoughts/ideas, let me know. For now, I'm just trying to keep things the same :-).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Thanks GC :)

You might want to re-post your last update from the old forum too? Some folks might not have seen it and might not head back to the old haunt.

Good idea screwie ;-)

Last post as follows:

Ok chaps, the new season is set to start tonight (sorry if I hadn't made that clear with my terrifying proclamations);-).

We are still missing 9 players. As it stands, I will be sending out reminders via PM to the veteran players to get in tonight if possible.

As for the new guys who have not yet applied, if we don't see a post or an application by tonight (by about 10pm) then you will not have made the deadline for this season. We will then have to reorganise the divisions to bump everybody up. This could be a bit disruptive (understatement!). If you are in the lower divisions, please be prepared to move! If you can't move easily I'll be trying to make it as painless as possible and organise folks so we are disrupted as little as possible. If you aren't in a position to move easily (ie away for the weekend), don't worry, we'll keep you where you are and someone else will go up in your place.

Everyone who has applied for a division so far will get to play. As for the reserves, keep a close eye in here, as *something* is likely to happen with all three of you in the next day or so - we'll try to get you in if at all possible (welcome smaug!).

Hello sah. When does the next season start? Is it too late to throw my hat into the ring for June? Are there team restrictions? This sentence is just to balance out the question mark/full stop ratio.

Edit: I appear to have been somewhat ninja'd. Luckily I have thought of more questions. Primarily, which league should I sign up for on the googledoc?

Hi Rakysh - we are starting season 10 tonight, so I guess you're just in time! You'll be added to the 'reserves' for now (ie not in a division for this season yet), but it looks like the reserves will be called in to fill in the no-shows at the moment, so you could be called upon to apply in-game fairly soon. Take a look at the 'race balance' tab on the sheet to see what races are still free and pick one that you would like to join us with. Add your race selection to your entry on the sheet and then keep an eye on the thread in here to find out whats going on. Its likely to get busy later tonight!

Wonderful, thanks. I put my division down as Z for Zeserves? And I'll take Norse, I think, because double crowdsurfs are the pinnacle of human endeavour. Are teams persistent from season to season?
    Last edited by Rakysh; 03-06-2011 at 05:34 PM.

The Zeserves are inactive players. You want to be a N*, where * is the next untaken number (denoting the order of new players signing up).

Thanks, I think I'm on there correctly now.

Yeah looks good. :)

Network Hub
    The new forum is fancy and all, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get an RSS feed of the threads. I can't even remember how I did in the old forum. Anyone have any idea how I would have done it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    To paraphrase Groovychainsaw, but with added CAPS: GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN TO THE CORRECT IN-GAME LEAGUE BY TONIGHT, or risk getting bumped to the lowest league or missing out on this season altogether and being replaced by one of the three unassigned players (who are waiting calmly and patiently, and in no way circling like sharks who smell blood in the water)

*cue theme from jaws*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Do I still have time to sign up? I've never done this before!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    the season has just about started, so the chances of you getting in to this one are low but not completely out of the question.
    Groovy linked the spreadsheet above, check the race balance tab to see what teams are available, add your contact details, and (I *think*), add yourself to the list as N4, after Rakysh
    Last edited by President Weasel; 03-06-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: MY REASONS ARE MY OWN

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Hmm, I've filled out all the details except for ‘division.’

Edit: Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 03-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Due to the confusion of changing forums, I've changed my name from Boots to Boots468. I've updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

Advance warning - *if* we manage to get an extra Div (8) started with the last minute influx of new players the formulae may not work properly on the sheet until I've had a chance to check them!
    I'm actually going to be away (taking baby to hospital :( ) from Sunday until late next week *but* I'll try and check back as and when I can...

Damn I hope eveything is okay ntw, I'm sure we will be able to cope without a spreadsheet for a week or so.

Unless some of the new guys get in their applications very quickly, it looks like we're going to be missing 7-8 people anyways (good news for most/all of our reserves I think!), so division 8 is highly unlikely to be needed (and I might be able to fudge it whilst you're away anyways, so do not worry!). Hope everything goes well at the hospital fella.

For everyone else, consider this the 15 minutes warning... I'm going to start reorganising the divisions to fill in the gaps shortly. I'm sorry if you missed out, we'll be happy to have you join us in 30 days time, but we do need players who can check the thread fairly regularly... :-)

Everyone who is paying attention, I'll post in here in a short while with the changes to the divisions. I'll try to make it as painless as possible so we don't have to make too many moves.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 03-06-2011 at 09:50 PM.