View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 209 of 415 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 8290
    Match done, Div 3 can be rolled on. Report incoming when I get a moment, but essentially:

Blighty's Blighters (Human - Tom) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

1 - 2

Despite 3 apothecaries Tom took 1 Death, 1 MNG and 1 -AV. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Match done, Div 3 can be rolled on. Report incoming when I get a moment, but essentially:

1 - 2

Despite 3 apothecaries Tom took 1 Death, 1 MNG and 1 -AV. Ouch.

My khemri would only dream of such a beating. Instead, I present you with the best example of elfball khemri ever achieved (Auld world though). Maybe they were elves in life:

http://megaswf.com/serve/2315896

Namely... Pass (fumbled then six), catch (six), handoff and catch (six), two gfi (five, five) AND with a spare reroll.

Network Hub
    That's where all my sixes have gone! Damn those lucky shamblers!

The horror... the horror
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

So, match report:

1 - 2

The Comics give away 290k in inducements which the Blighters spend on 2 Apothecaries and one Babe, no doubt expecting a bit of a pasting. They weren't going to be disappointed...

The match starts on the stupid Norse pitch (I hate this pitch as the snow makes it hard to see anything) and RAIN, so already the Comics are absolutely hating how things are lining up. The Comics lose their toss again, and the Blighters elect to receive setting up a fairly aggressive lineup. The Comics kickoff to Cheering Fans, which nets the Blighters an extra re-roll, but a fail-kick causes a touchback and the ball gets put in the hands of a plucky fresh Catcher.

The Blighters start their drive with a Bonehead, but manage to clear out the Comic's LoS with a Piling On Blitzer stunning the Tomb Guardian in the centre. The Blighters quickly run the ball halfway into the Comic's half and cage up pretty convincingly. Thanks to the retardedness of their coach and the god-damned snow, the Comics brilliantly manage to Blitz down the wrong player and despite a bit of marking the Blighters dodge their carrier away and run in the TD giving the Comics 7 turns to score before the end of the half.

The Comics setup to receive, and the kickoff gives the Blighters a Perfect Defence which they use to shuffle a few players around. The Comics knock around a few players, gang-foul a Guard Lineman damaging his back, which the Apoc heals to BH, mark up and fail to pick the ball up due to the rain. The Blighters respond with a largely ineffectual series of Blocks, not managing to break through the line of Khemri but setup ready to pounce if the Comics nab the ball. The Comics respond by showing the Blighters how to Block, smashing a fresh Lineman to the floor with -AV which the Apothecary suggests can be healed with Death. Useful that. In a surprising display of ball skills, the Comics grab the ball and cage up near the halfway line.

The rest of the drive is largely a textbook cage rumble from the Comics, who delay scoring long enough to give the Blighters only 1 turn to score. While the Blighters manage to get in contact with the carrier a few times, the Comics managed to clear out the Blighters turn after turn, handing out a fair number of stuns giving them the space they need to move the ball up. There's a tense moment for the Comics when the Ogre manages to kill a Tomb Guardian but thankfully regen kicks in and saves him from the graveyard. The final act of the first half is the Comic's DP/SG fouler getting sent off but Badly Hurting a Tackle Blitzer. The Blighters use their last Apothecary on him ensuring he'll be back for the second half.

The second half starts with the Comics on receive, getting a Quick Snap allowing them to shuffle towards the kick and attempt a highly optimistic Catch with a Thro-Ra which naturally fails. The Comics start their drive with some successful blocks, a lucky pickup with a Thro-Ra and double-skulls on a re-rolled 1D Block, but the ball is safely back on the Blodge carrier in the middle of a cage. The Blighters in their usual fashion manage to get players in contact with the cage but the markers are knocked away and the Comics manage 2 KOs giving them an edge in numbers which allows the cage room to move upfield relatively safely.

The drive continues slowly with the Comics continuing their obscene display of blocking giving the Blighters usually only a handful of players still on their feet to do much with. One superb display of agility from a Tackle Blitzer gives the Blighters a surprise 1D block on the Blodge carrier but BD is re-rolled to BD and the Comics respond by killing the Ogre (Incidentally, it was the TG the Ogre killed earlier. Except TGs have Regen, and Ogres don't. Ahem) and handing out an MNG to the PO Blitzer. The rest of the drive is entirely expected, with a 5-player advantage the Comics stall until the last moment before walking in the winning TD and leaving the Blighters to get a highly-unlikely 1-Turn TD (Or a Riot) to equalise. Neither of which happen and the Blighters end the match with an unsuccessful catch.

Wow. What a game. Not quite as bashy as my matchup with mrpier's Skaven which at one point left him with 3 players on the pitch, but the only reason Tom "merely" had 3 players in the injury box at the end was thanks to having 3 Apothecaries and thus getting 2 BH players back.

I hate HATE HATE that stupid Norse pitch with the snow. You can't see the chatbox, the glowy-light-of-doom signifying the carrier is hard to spot, and it basically sucks. Stupid stupid pitch. I'd like to largely blame the pitch for my balls up with Blitzing the wrong player allowing Tom a fairly easy first TD.

Tom took some brutal hits and also had some really bad luck with his blocks. He managed on a number of occasions to Blitz either against the cage or against the carrier, only to roll Push or Stumble/BD against Blodge so never really was able to get into the cage.

Managed to grab a level up on my Blodge Thro-Ra who's now level 4 and I'm stuck on what to take with just a normal roll (That's I think 25 levels with a single stat up...), Fend or Leader is probably what I'll take. Hrm.
    Last edited by JayTee; 03-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.

My block fend thro-ra says: "Fend saved my assbones and freed me up SO MANY TIMES. Also, if the other thro-ra gets the ball, I put myself on a side of the cage to prevent blitzes to the carrier and the cage breaking."

Wayward Gladiators (Norse, El Cubo) 1 - 1 Irrelevant Illnesses (Nurgle, Me)
    Div. 7

El Cubo and I just finished our showdown for the Div. 7 championship, which concluded rather inconclusively. The scoreline tells a rather more benign and bloodless story than the actual affair, however. The game started well for El Cubo, with him ruthlessly exploiting his Block advantage and generally keeping my cage from moving anywhere, until he finally popped the ball free with 2 or three turns to go and made a break for the endzone, which I was unable to stop. The second half was a very different story, however. I had started in the last few turns of the first half to finally score some casualties, which left the Norse down 3 players to start the second. Complicating matters further was a Blitz result on the kickoff. Naturally, I tried to swarm under the already weakened Norse line while sending my Pestigor forward to retrieve the ball. This took a few turns longer than expected, but I did eventually manage the recovery and scored shortly thereafter, leaving me 4 or 5 turns to try and do it all again for the win. The kick went short as planned, but this time resulted in a Quick Snap for the Norse. Given the KOs I had scored in the previous drive, however, the 6 players El Cubo had left just weren't enough to keep me from the ball. And this is where things truly went pear-shaped for him, as I proceeded to smash the collar bone of one of his Ulfwereners (apoc'ed to dead, as usual), and then his lvl 2 Dodge Berzerker, whom had just survived dodging out from being surrounded by four of my players, fell over on a GFI and broke his hip. The one ray of light was that my own somewhat overzealous blocking resulted in a Both Down that prevented me from having the range to make it into the endzone and actually win the match, in spite of the beating I'd given his team.

With that, the promotion goes to other factors. El Cubo leads me on TDs, but I'm not sure about casualty totals. If it's to be decided based on our records against the other two teams in the league, he certainly won his matches by a larger margin. I suspect one way or the other he will end up with the victory, which almost seems cruel in light of the damage I just inflicted. On the other hand, he could use the winnings bonus to help patch the team up. Either way, 'twas a fun match, with an excellent opponent to face off against!

Obscure Node
    Gridiron Maidens vs. Bishi Bashi Speshal

I... I don't even... What just happened??

I need to go rock back and forth in a corner...

Final Score: 0-0

I didn't write up Tooth and Claw's last game against LowKey's Undead, and I imagine LowKey was too busy laughing all the way to the bank to have time. It was a pretty abject display on my part – I went in without a plan, played without a clue and finished without a hope, while LowKey kept his head and played tightly (the blodging, sidestep guard Ghoul was a nightmare). It finished 2-1 to the Undead and even that was flattering – Claw's touchdown was freakishly lucky, and the rest of the match was a walkover for LowKey who never put a foot wrong.

After a failing to build on a strong position against Dragon and being soundly kerb-stomped by LowKey the season was probably the worst I've played to date. To cap things off Drawlien's WElfs (who'd happily beaten LowKey earlier in the season) were waiting, and I still didn't have tackle on anyone. Even better, apparently Nuffle thought it would be fair to let a Wardancer get guard and sidestep.

Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Hardwood Harpies (WElf, Drawlien)

A MNG zombie brought my TV down just enough to hire a wizard. Winning the toss Read in Tooth and Claw chose to receive, planning on causing a few injuries and pushing for a 2-1 grind. The kick went high allowing the sure hands Ghoul to catch it, and with that the game was on. A few quick blocks and a blitz allowed a strong cage to be formed just over the halfway line by the end of the first turn, and things were looking good.

Then I get Elfs all over my face.

Turns out a strong cage ain't so strong when dealing with leaping, blodging, guarding bastards. Every turn I'd form a cage with Golems and Wights on the corners, and every turn Drawlien would leap his Wargits wherever he felt a fancy to and get a two dice block on the ball carrier in the process. Despite repeatedly knocking the dancers over (even without tackle) their armour held, and on the second turn the sure hands Ghoul was badly hurt. This left the Ag4/wrestle Ghoul with the ball, which lead to a swift lesson as to why wrestle is a Bad Idea on a ball carrier.

The only bright side was the Treeman – after being knocked over on the second turn it failed to stand up for the rest of the half.

By turn 3 the ball had popped out of the cage, though the elf going for the pickup rather satisfyingly fell flat on his face shortly after. After some serious consideration I administered unto Drawlien a master class in screwing yourself over, carefully pushing the Wardancer with tackle out of her fairly innocent position right into my own way, leaving the ghoul with the unenviable task of making 6 dodges (4 into tackle zones, 4 against tackle), a pickup and two GFIs. Of course he promptly made all the rolls without even needing a TRR, only to be mercilessly hunted down by the Warbastards again. This time Drawlien managed to run the ball out with a line elf, forcing me to use the lightning bolt. A desperate wolf legged it back and made the pickup, but even with a re-roll the Ghoul back in the “cage” couldn't make the (accurate) catch. The resulting scramble saw everyone fail to pick up the ball, until of all players the rookie Golem grabbed it. Being miraculously free of Elf he pelted as fast as his borrowed legs would let him, finally running in the ball on Claw's last turn of the half.

The start of the second half saw the teams line up 10v10 – a badly hurt Ghoul and KO'd Wight on one side against a KO'd Wardancer and a Line elf with a serious concussion on the other. Drawlien swiftly proved that Elfs Do It Before You've Even Noticed by scoring a perfect two turn TD, waltzing around the pitch like they were the only team that had bothered to turn up and leaving my defence in tatters.

Both players made their KO roll this time, making it 11v11. The counter attack started badly when a zombie failed a GFI (with a re-roll), stranding the Ghoul with the ball. Luckily he was only just in reach: despite managing to knock him down there were no other Elfs near enough to grab the ball, leaving it in the open a tantalizing 4 squares away from my end zone. Here I got lucky – first one of the Wardancers went down with a fractured leg, then the other was KO'd. The resulting space allowed me to build a cage and get the ball safely to a wolf in the middle of it. Despite heroic efforts, especially from the str4/wrestle elf who badly hurt a Wight and pushed for the ball all the way up the pitch, a sudden rash of failed dodges made life just a little too difficult for Drawlien and left him under-Elfed at key moments. The guard and strength advantage finally told, allowing the wolf to run the ball over the line on the last turn – 2-1 to Tooth and Claw.

It was a fun match, hotly contested from start to finish. Both of us had patches of good and bad luck, though overall I think I probably had the best of it (particularly with the block dice – even without tackle I managed to knock over the Wardancers on a pretty regular basis). Thanks to Drawlien for the game, especially for playing it while still recovering from illness.

The replay seems interestingly broken. One of my zombies vanished when I was setting up to receive in the second half, only to appear randomly on the pitch after the kick off. In the replay he appeared in a different space, leading to an impressive 8 square sprint into position. The turnover in that turn isn't right either (the zombie that failed the GFI succeeds, before another zombie randomly falls over for no reason), and the end of the match didn't happen at all: everything stops on turn 15, then suddenly I've won 3-1. Good job Cyanide are still patching the game I guess.
    Last edited by NieA7; 05-04-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Posting removed spaces between words o.O

So you could say....

*Glasses*

WTF?

Network Hub
    Wayward Gladiators vs. Irrelevant Illnesses

A pyrrhic draw was played against the Nurglish opponents. The first half was all fine and good sport where the opposition attacks, the defense stalls and eventually steals the ball and scores. Well, apart from a lineman breaking his arm and a werewolf getting otherwise badly hurt.

The second half was just rotten. The attack formation was left severely incomplete with two players listed as casualties and a berserker and lineman being knocked out. When the defence took a headstart with a blitz, all the gladiators could do was stall the defense. Even though the Norse fought the ball to themselves, risky decisions were made and the Nurgle scored by turn 4 or so.

Four turns left to score a touchdown, plenty of time to do it by executing some proper elvish moves. Elves they ain't -- picking the ball up proved to be too difficult. Somehow, the Nurgle got the ball again. The other werewolf got his collar bone smashed (-ST). The apothecary proved his true colors by suggesting euthanasia (which, of course, would have meant that the poor bastard would've joined the other team as a rotter). The blodging blitzer Titus Pullo showed some fancy moves when he attacked the ball carrier. He survived a one die block and then a two against block and then dodged away from the middle of a horde of Nurglish players. He failed a completely unecessary GFI, however, and for his elvish ways he received a comeuppance in the form of a smashed hip. A failed block caused an early turnover for the Nurgle, however, and they couldn't move the ball forward in time to score the winning touchdown.

Mighty disappointing game it turned out to be.

Final Score: 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
    Gridiron Maidens vs. Bishi Bashi Speshal

I... I don't even... What just happened??

I need to go rock back and forth in a corner...

Final Score: 0-0
    Have to admit, I was a bit surprised to see your Maidens trying to go toe-to-toe with my orcs. Nonetheless it didn't end too badly for you. 5 injuries, with only 1 being serious (and then apoc'd into a KO or something like that). I actually made out worse with the 1 injury you scored on my team meaning one of my blitzers is sitting out the next match.

Dependant upon the other match in our division, this could give you the win. Big lot of draws in division 4 this season.

Thanks for the write-up NieA7. I must admit I was really frustrated - the number of times I knocked the ball out but it sat nicely in the pocket and you were able to sweep it straight back up again! Also, wizards have been the bane of my life this season - nearly killed my +Agi lino in the first match and then stopped a breakaway that had a pretty good chance of scoring a defensive TD in your first half. Sigh.

It was a fun game, thanks for being a great opponent!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    The great undead off was played last night against mr dragon and as expected it was a slug fest, with a bit of luck i managed to secure the win in this tight game and probably underservedly will be promoted, um, yay?

Trying to make contact with my opponent alh_p as this is the first time he's been online and i'm off after tonight until 10th April...

Doesn't look like this match can be played tonight. As per above message i'm not now available to play until after season ends. Don't delay on my behalf, (the SP would have been nice tho!).
    Last edited by Prester John; 05-04-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Wow, just had a very intense game with my Vampires against Jarvis' Chaos.

Drive the first: I kick off and get a blitz. I catch it with one vampire while another vamp and a thrall forms a screen to most of the chaotics. Jarvis still manages the blitz though and while the vampire retains the ball all of my players are sandwiched between a large number of his. I blitz the vampire free enough to manage a pass to the AG4 thrall, but he goes bloodthirsty. While he can still do the pass, he has to run the wrong way for some blood and there is a big opening for My-mulgors the beastman to run the thrall down and give him a MNG.

I blitz the offending beastman down in turn and with a lot of lucky dodges manages to put a screen up again. My-mulgors pushes my vampire away and picks up the ball, but can't make an escape with it. I only get a push on him in return the next turn, but he is still well trapped against the sideline. The chaos surrounds and fouls my ST5 Vampire in return, seeming to kill him instantly. Eating an apothecary turns out to be all he needs to be on his feet again luckily. My-mulgors is almost freed by another beastman but fails a dodge away and drops the ball, letting me finally pick it up and score on the next turn. 1-0.

Drive the second and I am down to 9 players, two of whom are immediately badly hurt on the first turn. The chaos men form into a big box and throws the ball into it, but their player in the middle of it fails to catch it. I push a warrior into the ball, but it doesn't bounce to any better position. The next turn goes better as some hypnotic gazing lets me first get a blitz on the ball carrier, which pushes him next to another vampire who succeeds in a 2-against block to knock him down and the ball bounces into the hands of one of my vampires with sidestep. Miraculously, all of my three remaining vamps remain standing on the next turn and can dodge out fairly easily. Jarvis can't get close to them and the only risk remaining on the last turn is a sudden lust for blood from my vampire. Which of course is exactly what happens.

A desperate attempt to dodge backwards to the closest thrall and pass the ball to another vamp only succeeds in badly hurting another thrall as the pass is fumbled and the half ends.

Second half sees me starting with 4 vamps and 2 thralls, who are all set up on one flank hoping for an early score, as Jarvis gets his own blitz in return. Similarly to my play in the first half, he catches the ball with one player and forms a half-cage with two others. My vampire's are better able to counter though, hypnotizing one of them and blitzing down the carrier letting a third vampire pick the ball up and make a lone run for it.

He is blitzed, but remain standing and continues his run next turn while two other vampires cover the players in range of blitzing him. Both of them break away though and knock the vampire down, making the ball bounce out of bounds and back in towards the middle.

One vampire hypnotizes the warrior next to it and I have a fairly good chance to run my vampire into the endzone to receive a pass from another vamp. Only... blood lust fails again and with no thralls within reach he can only crowd surf a chaos warrior as his last act before jumping into the crowd after him to snack on one of the supporters.

A beastman attempting to recover the ball fails a GFI and shoves the ball into the hands of a more isolated beastman instead. A vampire takes the chance to dodge away from the four players surrounding him, blitz the beastman, pick up the dropped ball and run almost out of reach when covered by thrall #29 who dodges away from the mino to join him.

It's not quite enough though and a beastman still manages a 2d blitz on him to send him out of the game badly hurt.

There's only one desperate last chance left. A vampire runs up (2+ Bloodlust, 3+ dodge, 2+ dodge, 2+ GFI) to hypnotize a beastman covering #29 (3+) opening him up for a dodge through enemy lines (4+, 3+) to pick up the ball (3+) and run in the touch down. It all works perfectly!

Back up to 4 vampires and 2 thralls I kick of again just as the fans storm the field and knock down two of mine and three of Jarvis' players. This time he scores without much trouble and only leaves me with one vampire and the heroic #29 remaining for the final turn 16 kickoff--even after the chance for KO recovery as all 4 of my knocked out players fail it.

Thanks for the game Jarvis.

Rok-Ard Nobz (Orc - Grinn) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me)

0 - 1

The Comics manage to snatch victory from the Nobz in a fine display of the Nobz having Nuffle spit in their faces in the second half.

The Nobz lose the toss and the Comics elect to receive, hoping to out-bash the Orcs and get strength of numbers. The kick goes short and a gust of wind bounces the ball back into the Nobz' half and touchback places the ball in the hands of a Block Tomb Guardian. The first half is a slow grind upfield for the Comics, who fail to out-bash the Orcs and in fact suffer more at the hands of the Orcs with stuns being handed out against the Skeletons with some regularity. The fresh Blitz-Ra is knocked to the floor taking an MNG, but he regens successfully and is up again ready for the next drive.

The Comic's run eventually somewhat stalls midway in the Nobz' half, but there is a small gap on their right wing which can be squeezed through with a bit of luck and some careful bashing. In a moment of sheer stupidity the ball carrier fails to remember to Blitz before blocking and the Comics fail to advance, leaving them 2 turns and 10 squares away from the endzone so at the very least 2 GFIs are going to have to succeed for the slowass Tomb Guardian to run in the TD. The Nobz however had other plans and thanks to 2 relatively unmarked players with Guard manage a 2D Blitz from their ST4 Blitzer and pop the ball free but are unable to nab the ball with any players. The Comics count up the squares and the free players and only a miracle can put the ball in the hands of a Thro-Ra to get a TD with 2 turns remaining. This is not to be and a highly unlikely series of dodges and a pickup fails on the first dodge thanks to Tackle on a marking Orc.

The Nobz nab the ball and move upfield, placing a player within scoring distance and clearly hoping for a clean pass & catch in their final turn to nab the ball. The Comics manage to pop the ball free with a Blitz but the ball bounces in a generally unfortunate place for both teams and the Comics are only able to get two players in contact with the ball but manage to relatively mark up the Orcs. The Nobz manage to dodge a player to the ball, collect it, but then fail to complete the pass and the first half ends with no score for either team. The Nobz have a KOed Black Orc and the Comics have a KOed skeleton and Thro-Ra, with no players in any injury box.

The second half start with a obscenely lucky kick from the Comics placing the ball in the backleft corner of the Nobz' half, giving them minimal opportunity to nab the ball in their first turn as well as collecting another re-roll for the Comics. The 3 KOed players subbornly refuse to wake up, with the loss of a Black Orc more crucial to the Nobz than the loss of a trash Skeleton and a Thro-Ra. The Nobz start strong and promptly stun the two skeletons on the LoS, and sneak two Blitzers past the Comics in a threatening position, but the Nobz' Thrower fails to pick up the ball and suffer a Turnover. The Comics knock over the ST4 Blitzer and gangfoul him to no effect, but swing a free Tomb Guardian (slowly!) up their left wing towards the ball and position players around the field trying to force as many dodges as possible. The Nobz manage to collect the ball and run it halfway down their half, taking the time to bash Skeletons largely to no effect.

The Comics manage to Blitz and get a Tomb Guardian in contact with the carrier and a 1D block gets a Blitz-Ra free from the risk of a crowd surf. The Comics manage to gangfoul a Black Orc into a stun and end their turn. The Nobz knock down a few players, but the dodge from the carrier out of contact fails despite a re-roll and the ball pops free. Showing the Orcs how to do it, a prone Thro-Ra gets up, dodges away and nabs the ball managing all this without a single re-roll and the comics are within a handful of squares of the endzone, but with only a Tomb Guardian protecting the carrier. The Nobz get a 2D block on the carrier only to roll Skull/Push re-rolled to BD/Skull and the carrier stands thanks to Block. Another Orc fails to dodge and stuns himself and the Comics swing the game their way with a KO and knock over the remaining marker, managing to place the carrier almost out of reach of any Orcs and stall for time.

The Nobz' troll finally fails a Really Stupid roll and sits out the response, burning their last re-roll on a failed dodge and promptly rolling up a Skull on a 1D Block and take a Turnover. The Comics continue to stall, bashing free a couple of players to form a semi-cage, and luckily KO another Orc near the carrier leaving 2 Orcs facing 4 Khemri near the endzone. The Nobz' response is short, their Jump Up/Tackle Blitzer manages his dodge but then fails a GFI, falls over and Badly Hurts himself and the numbers firmly swing the way of the Comics. A plucky Lineman attempts ELFBALL, managing a 3+, 2+ and 4+ dodges only to fail on the last 5+ dodge and the Comics run in their TD, leaving the Nobz a single turn to equalise.

The Nobz receive no doubt hoping for a Riot to get another turn but once again the Comics luckily kick deep in the Nobz' half near the sidelines and the kick-off just gives the Comics another re-roll. The Nobz punch down some Skeletons and fumble their SPP-generating throw, giving the Comics a turn to ineffectually bash the Orcs and the match ends.

Fun game but I only manage to squeak in the win thanks to Grinn's terrible dice in the second half. The first half was a brutal, slow and largely unsuccessful drive and looking back on it I was stupid to keep the ball on the Tomb Guardian for so long. There's one point where a handoff to a Thro-Ra could have given me the space I needed to get the ball more upfield but I'm always worried about the 5+ Catch roll on handoffs (And also forget that the handoff is automatic, so a TG can handoff as well as an elf, just need to catch the damned ball...) but Grinn played superbly in keeping me from pushing forward and it was unfortunate luck that stopped him from scoring with that throw. The second half went entirely down to Nuffle, who handed Grinn repeated rolls of 1 and my Khemri seemed to remember how to hit things so the numbers game finally went my way.

MVP landed on my MB/Guard Blitz-Ra and gave him enough to get to level 3 so unless he rolls something like +ST or a double, he's probably picking up Tackle.

So that's me winning Division 3, which no doubt means my treasury is over a million now... All-in-all quite a pleasing season for the Comics, a couple of useful level ups has somewhat rounded out the team but I'm still lacking a Kicker, MB on my fresh Blitz-Ra, and I'd really like to pick up Guard on a few more TGs. Something to work on next season!

However, I'm moving to Australia 3 weeks tomorrow so unless this season wraps up quickly and the next starts very quickly I'm not going to be around to play the final match of the season so I think I'll have to sit the next season out.

Once I'm settled in, am not living in a hotel, and get my PC back I'll see if the timezone thing is going to be too painful or if I can indeed continue playing :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I forgot to post, me and DW played the last match of our division this morning. My skaven vs his high elves. A predictably high score for two fast scoring teams. It ended 3-2 to me which means i win my division, but being in such a low one then its likely to move around a lot anyway due to re-rolling teams.
    Last edited by Gorm; 07-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Nufffleee!!!!

Well played Gorm. I enjoyed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    So, I am back in town but unfortunately my opponent laneford won't be back until the 11th (and I'm not entirely sure I can play then, would prefer the 12th).

Dearest admins of great Nuffle, will you allow an Easter-based delay for this season? A draw will, however, definitely influence relegations...
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.