View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 214 of 415 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 8290
    Yes but coaches and cheerleaders are yours forever once bought. If I had a spare 100k in inducement I'd prefer to spend it on babes really.

I'm sure you can fire them. You should be able to fire them. CYANIDE.

You are, but that would be a waste of money unless you REALLY want to drop your TV (each coach/cheerleader is 10 TV).

Network Hub
    Blood Bowl trivia of the day: The original concept of the petty cash / bank system, unanimously approved by the BBRC for LRB 5 but vetoed by Jarvis, was designed in part to deal with the issue of teams accruing far more gold than they really want to spend. The original version of the rule allowed you to store up to 100k in the bank, but anything in your treasury beyond that amount was petty cash - which adds to your TV. So under this version of the rule you would have incentive to just burn some of your huge treasury away by purchasing inducements, and you would not be penalized for doing so - that money would already be adding to your TV whether you chose to spend it this time or not.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah I'm still mystified by the dropping of the bank rule, it's an elegant halfway house between the current system (which is strongly in favour of teams with high AV and/or regen) and the brutality of LRB4's TR system (where all money counted towards the TR)

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    On this: Should I be bringing back the team I went on Hiatus with, or a newer, more evil team?
    My opinion - I'm guessing GC forgot you already have a developed team. IMHO you should stick with your DElfs and expect to be first choice to be punted up divisions if there is a gap opening higher up...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Applied to D, I'm going to be facing the divisions manager? Corruption afoot!
    I can only assume you are referring to me, and if so - then you do me an honour sir, I am but a mere vestigial appendage on our mighty and brave leader, the noble GroovyChainsaw. Also I fix the spreadsheet when it breaks.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ohh, to be but a part of that groovy body

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Gah - as usual I miss something - as a returning player I should have slotted you into a higher position where someone else was leaving null (jaytee's slot in division 3 would have been ideal). I thought you were rebooting for some reason... I'd prefer it if your dark elves werent murdering folks in division 7 so I'll try to see what I can do (via a weak wifi signal) tonight. There might not be much, but I'll take a quick look ;)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    Hello. Whats the current schedule when new teams are getting on board?

Network Hub
    Many years ago, the orcish lands were in terrible peril. There was far too little fighting going on, and far too many pretty flowers growing. To put an end to this dire state of events, a number of heroes banded together from disparate tribes to form Da Blu Moonz, a superorc team that travelled the lands heroically causing chaos and bashing heads.

Once turmoil and strife had properly returned, Da Blu Moonz disappeared with nobody really knowing who they were or where they came from. Occasionally, they would reappear, go on an extremely important mindless rampage, and then vanish once again.

Now, at last, they have emerged from the shadows to challenge the Divisions of Death, and have couragously applied to Division G.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    Hello. Whats the current schedule when new teams are getting on board?
    The new season is just getting started so you might be able to get on board for this season - it depends how many people drop out or how many more show up. I *think* as it stands there are enough people to fill all the divisions, then one left over, then you would be the second 'spare' player. So if two people drop out, or fail to appear in time to apply to their divisions, Groovy would be able to squeeze you two into slots - or if everyone shows up plus two more players appear, Groovy could make another division for you (there are four players in each division).

Or alternatively, if there are three 'spare', we can usually find someone who's happy to play a filler team for a season to make up the numbers.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Groovy if the coaches down there aren't happy with facing Nullk's mob and you can't find any other options feel free to swap him with my lads in Div 3 (they are only two seasons old after I replaced an early season drop out).

I would reiterate to the guys down there though that TV gaps are largely meaningless in CRP. Ability to leverage inducements is a core skill worth learning.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I would reiterate to the guys down there though that TV gaps are largely meaningless in CRP. Ability to leverage inducements is a core skill worth learning.
    I can only most sincerely agree with that. I've been facing ONE same-TV match in the past five seasons - and have been doing reasonably well, with inducements for me always between 150k and 350k.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

I think there's a limit to how far inducements get you - if you're playing against a very new team then they just won't bridge the gap enough, but yeah anything up to 400-500 is perfectly bridgeable, gives you a nice set of options depending on the opposition.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd accept that on Cyanide as they've left some pretty huge holes in utility by leaving out the stars that people use in favour of the ones no one ever takes (seriously who ever uses Headsplitter or Icepelt on TT?) but not in a proper CRP environment. Now with a fair bit of CRP experience behind us my league is actually looking to nerf inducements. The BBRC's 33%ish target for underdogs seems to have been missed by some margin when coaches are well versed in inducement strategy. In our league underdogs actually have the higher win percentage, and that seems pretty consistent at all stages, from rookie teams taking on the TV2000+ veterans through to the typical gaps in normal high TV league play.

Division G is going to be an utter scorathon!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Welfs, Dworfses and f'in' Nurgle Oh Division B how I hate thee.

Haven't applied yet, keeps slipping my mind.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Div F might give you a run for your money DW, its Skaven, Wood Elves, Pro Elves and Humans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Internet down at home, so haven't been able to apply to Div. 3 yet, but I'll get there.