View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 220 of 415 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Yeah kick is always a solid choice and works well for the undead, make sure those elf's cant mess around in the backfield
    He actually rolled +AG, But I cant justify it :P
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Man zombie!... Wait

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    My first game has been played! I got an beating both figurative and literal. Including one dead Ogre, who tripped and fell.

RIP Tinkerbell, you shall be missed.
    Failed to keep a full log, but game roughly played out like

bash bash bash, sorta move ball. bash bash bash, turnover, caught in traffic at midfield. halftime. bash bash bash, move ball up field, bash bash, score. Last turn, bash bash, snotling thrown with ball into open backfield, needs 2 gfi to tie game 1-1. Makes first, falls on second. Despite it giving me the win and not tie, I couldn't help but feel cheated for the little guy.

Ogres bashed in a few Beastmen, and by the late second half 9/9 snotlings were injured or KO'd. I dare say Joose outplayed me in the game considering his player handicap early on and some terrible terrible block dice for the Ogres in the first half. I had some positioning derps late first half that prevented a score attempt, and probably played too soft considering the blitz on kickoff. That hot snotling throwing action had me worried, as they were doing better at making the hero plays than standard moves. Totally missed the lone snotling stand up for the final kickoff, hidden before a chaos warrior at the line. Thanks to the terrible kick the ball was autoplaced into his hands. But was not to be.

I don't envy anyone playing with Ogres, let alone the body count you'll have to replace after this game. GL with the rest of the season!

What about nurgles rot?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    What about nurgles rot?
    It itches like you wouldn't believe.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Red Skull Reavers (Pres W., Chaosmans) 1 - 1 Cute Harmless Hippies (Jarvis, also Chaosmans)

What a match! Many exciting things happened; here are some of them:
    I was one Go For It from getting a 2-dice shunt off the pitch chance on Jarvis's ball carrier. GFI fail, man falls over. Jarvis scores.
    I have two turns to try to get an equaliser before half time. Riot, ref lets the clock run for a turn. Damn you ref!
    Jarvis's mino fails a wild animal roll or loners out (to save time, let's assume I have typed this about eight times during this match report. He was a total liability, as bad as mine was the day mine handed the match to Groovy and I sacked him right afterwards).

I scored a touchdown! Yay! (and despite handing the ball to Professor Brian Cox on the line, to get him the SPP, he did not drop it)

Sweltering heat and casualties made big holes in both teams.

Jarvis skulled out at a bad moment and I got the ball, one go for it away from the line.

Jarvis put a bunch of players round the ball carrier and his little posse of defenders.
    I managed a bunch of 2-dice blocks to clear them away, with no rerolls left.
    I was only one square from victory!
    I only needed one Go For It to score...
    GFI fail.

It was just possible for Jarvis to score. He needed a blitz from the mino, 2 go for its, a pickup, and a long pass from a chaos warrior, a catch and go for it and handoff from another chaos warrior, and catch and go for it from a beastman. I was willing him to succeed purely because of how awesome it would have been, but it wasn't to be. The chaos warrior failed his GFI at almost the exact same spot my beastman had, and the game ended with them lying side-by-side.

Great game, Jarvis, cheers for playing.

Obscure Node
    Norwegian Fancy Nancies (chadsexington, Norse) 1 - 0 Partick Gristle (aerisdead, Chaos)

Crikey. Well, there goes my first "proper" game of Blood Bowl ever, eh? "It's only a bit of fun," I thought, and proceeded to do what I guess every single Blood Bowl rookie does, which is chance my arm at every opportunity by, with a Chaos team throwing pretty much as many one-die blocks and chaining as many dodges together as I could. To be honest, I'm surprised I didn't try any passing (and in fact, had I the opportunity, I probably would have.)

To be honest, Nuffle was kind to me (or perhaps cruel to chadsexington) because despite playing so fast and loose that I ended up with only TWO players on the pitch at turn sixteen, the Norwegian Fancy Nancies only managed to score in the final turn and might not even have managed that, to be honest, due to bad luck across the board. In most cases, my dodges paid off, whereas his didn't, even though we were running a ratio of about five dodges from me to his one. And he never threw a single one-die block, all his players had block other than the werewolves, and his werewolves still managed to punch themselves out on at least one occasion.

My major mistake? (Well, other than not playing conservatively) Not paying heed to the power of the Norse Werewolves Frenzy. I lost maybe six or seven players just to being knocked off at the edge.

The miracle is ultimately in a pretty darn bashy game, both of us got off rather lightly. I managed to get only one proper injury (a Beastman who took a smashed ankle, making him a bit annoying) and I think the Norwegians actually took no injuries at all (disappointingly.) In fact, I suppose my team's development has stood stock still because of that, despite the fact that I think he only had about five or six players on the pitch at the end of the game either.

Ah well. For a first game I think I've learned quite a few lessons, we'll see if I've learned them well enough in the next game to play a slower, more conservative Chaos team.

(Oh, and one that remembers fouling. I completely forgot about fouling.)

I had a chance in turn 14 to score with a lineman, but I saw that a berserker only needed one dodge to get to the ball for a turn 15 TD. One dodge too many, apparently.

And aerisdead did play a pretty solid game, despite some one-die blocking. Nuffle also took a full half to let that catch up with him, as was knocking my guys down left and right in the first half without concern for such pedestrian things as dice.

His real problem, as he pointed out, was im sure something we all learned the hard way - frenzy and sidelines. I made sure to teach him that lesson as often as opportunity presented itself, chaining blocks to frenzy players, pushing to get the charge, and one time, marking with the frenzy player and charging with the lineman. GG me.

He stayed even with me in KOs and players ejected for the first half and a bit of the second, but I was able to surf several goats in a row and eventually the greater numbers won out.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    The Necromancer can only raise 1 zombie per game, regardless of how many players die.
    DOH!

/ashamed face

Is there room for another over in your corner of shame there squirrelfanatic?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Still no internet for me I'm afraid, it could be fixed when I get home from work or it might be another couple of days for all I know. I don't think it's fair to the seven other players that I stall two divisions so I suggest I sit this season out if that sounds ok to Groovy and the other adminpeoples.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Still no internet for me I'm afraid, it could be fixed when I get home from work or it might be another couple of days for all I know. I don't think it's fair to the seven other players that I stall two divisions so I suggest I sit this season out if that sounds ok to Groovy and the other adminpeoples.
    You could always ask PW to sign up for you - I hear that he hardly ever fires other peoples star players any more...

Apologies if you have already said this is not an option for whatever reason.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Red Skull Reavers (Pres W., Chaosmans) 1 - 1 Cute Harmless Hippies (Jarvis, also Chaosmans)

Jarvis's mino fails a wild animal roll or loners out (to save time, let's assume I have typed this about eight times during this match report. He was a total liability, as bad as mine was the day mine handed the match to Groovy and I sacked him right afterwards).
    I thought I had the honour of having the last game against Roy?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    You could always ask PW to sign up for you - I hear that he hardly ever fires other peoples star players any more...

Apologies if you have already said this is not an option for whatever reason.
    Or we could just get a placeholder team in to start the season and then swap you in once you are back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Err, yeah, don't know why we didn't think of this before, but one of us could apply for you MrPier if you PM one of us reliable types your details (PW is the expert, ntw is an option, I'm away tonight so not so helpful), as long as you think you'll have internet before day 1 is finished, at least. If not, we'll put nullkigan into div 3 (instant promotion null!) and PW, if you could apply your filler team to div 7 to get started. Either way, if an admin could sort out one or the other tonight, based on what MrPier decides, we'll get the last 2 divisions going.

Glad to see everyone else getting going, 7 days to go until the end of the first round!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Well, I have used that particular password elsewhere, nothing important, but still I'd rather not share it, I had considered the option. No slight against PW I have used his particular services before :-p New fixing time from the ISP is tomorrow at 1600, I consider it an 50-50 split that they'll actually do anything worthwhile. I could try using my phone as a wireless access point tonight though and see if I could get an application in that way. Also something I could have used before but I've never tried it and I've been away most evenings anyway.

I'll be around tonight (stunty match vs Screwie ~8pm) should my unique services be required...

@ mrpier - FWIW I have used my HTC Desire (Android) to provide interwebs access to a PC before, tethered using USB though, not doing the wifi + internet thing at the same time...
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    I'll be around tonight (stunty match vs Screwie ~8pm) should my unique services be required...

@ mrpier - FWIW I have used my HTC Desire (Android) to provide interwebs access to a PC before, tethered using USB though, not doing the wifi + internet thing at the same time...
    Me too. I recommend using PdaNet 3.0 for Android - it's free and extremely reliable and efficent.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

And 3G is fine for bloodbowl, really. I managed to play MMORPGs and FPS on 3G.

I was just looking at Karandraz's lineup and i realised that non of my skeletons used to be a level 5 skink with 75 SPP, need to fix that.

TBH, more free linemen are actually the last thing i need, currently fit to burst at 15 players I'm actually considering retiring perfectly healthy zombies (what?!). Equipped with so much regeneration on my team even an injury might just be a harmless KO for the purposes of play, I really do not need 4 spares, its just 80 point (considering dropping 2 zombies) of bloat, so unless Karandraz takes on skills, injuries or deaths in the coming match out TV's will be 460 apart, what do I do with all that cash? Grab a vampire count or a mummy star player I guess.

This is also a grudge match back from Sword of the stars where we did nothing in particular to each other.

Your not having any stunty skeletons helio, I cannot allow it! which sword of the stars game are you referring to? In one of them I defiantly tangled with some annoying grapple hook ships! In the other game well, we both had enough problems without trying to kill on another ;)

this season should be interesting, Ive got the brutal, murderous and sneaky teams!
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/