View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 229 of 415 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowlander View Post
    Hi Guys I recently bought Blood bowl, I am looking to make a team and join a league, what is the maximum amount allowed to build a team?

New teams are fresh 1k TV creations, basically make a new team and spend (up to ) all of the starting money...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Myself and Snoozer's game got interrupted by network difficulties on his end, around turn four (Div B) I suspect we'll reschedule, so could any eager admins refrain from validating it, thanks!

Obscure Node
    OK thanks ntw, Im off to build my team :)

Okay, Div E is ready to move on please. The replay between Anupshi Rises and the Dandy-Lions this time ended in a 2-1 victory for the home side. It was a game of stereotypes, with a beautiful running and passing game opening up the scoresheet for the High Elves and a cage with the momentum of four Tomb Guardians equalising by half time. The Khemri second half drive was deliberately slow so as not to give the Dandy-Lions another chance to score, and unfortunately for Coach DeekyFun attrition had taken away enough of his team that despite a skilled defence he was unable to hold the attackers back. Had Nuffle been a little less bloodthirsty things may have been different.

Don't forget to put your details on the sheet (also linked in first post), also bear in mind that we do run race restrictions (current balance is recorded in the sheet!) so you *may* not be able to get your first choice...
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Man, this league is worth the entry fee for the team names alone. That and the match write-ups.

The entry fee *is* one of the most attractive features of the league ;)

Also, as you say the write-ups and some of the team and player names are a bonus. Finally everyone here (that I have met) is a jolly nice chap, even in adversity...
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

I'm not going to able to manage to get my game in tonight, I'm afraid. Sudden real life stuff means I'm busy until Wednesday so just roll div 4 on. Sorry guys.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Best team name i've seen so far?

Anupshi Rises - what a great name for a Khemri side

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Aye - I've been part of the illustrious DoDs since July last year, and the combination of a truly fun league-mechanic that makes EVERY game count as well as the outstanding chaps and chapettes (I think we have one of those) is sublime.

Also, I have learned a lot more about Magic by having had a closer look at the spreadsheet.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    <snip>...Also, I have learned a lot more about Magic by having had a closer look at the spreadsheet.
    So once again, I have cast a spell over you - eh Vex?

TBH the sheet and formulae have evolved over many months, every now and then someone spots a mistake or makes a suggestion which incentivises me to add to it or tweak it slightly...
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post

Hah! Thanks, I stole it from Count Duckula. My favourite is The David Icke Experience.

Also, DeekyFun and I played our replay last night so Div E is ready to roll on. I did post this last night but I got a message about awaiting moderation and it hasn't appeared. I'm not a spammer, honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Hah! Thanks, I stole it from Count Duckula. My favourite is The David Icke Experience.

Also, DeekyFun and I played our replay last night so Div E is ready to roll on. I did post this last night but I got a message about awaiting moderation and it hasn't appeared. I'm not a spammer, honest.
    The important thing is that you have updated the sheet :)

DivE rolled on
    Last edited by ntw; 30-04-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post

+1 for The David Icke Experience ;).

My own team name (Black Bombers) comes from a war story my granddad used to tell. He said that the super strong laxatives they were given were large and black, so were known amongst the soldiers as "black bombers." When they took hold, the unlucky squaddie would shout "Black Bomber coming through!" while sprinting for the latrine, ensuring that a path was cleared... hence my team motto. Anyway, I figured it was appropriate for the gobbos...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    All divisions now moved on and any games i found (that had been entered in the sheet) validated. Everyone should be able to keep going with week 2 now :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just got elf'd 4-1 by Brains Pro Elves. I did manage to injure 4 of his players, so i guess thats like a win? I felt like it was actually a pretty good game, Brain might have found the first half a bit easy though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Kajers (Necro, Kajo) vs Dread Pool (Dark Elves, me)

Kajo and I finally had our game. Meeting for the third time in 3 seasons it was another close call between us. This particular outing was marked by Kajo's great luck with blocking and injury - two Dark Elves have been fatally retired from the Pool.

The first death was Istul the Fistful, one of my Invincible Guard Bastards. My apothecary did his best and rolled up another death. Not only that, he helped the opposition raise Istful as a zombie! Needles to say, after the game management had some sharp words for the doctor. No, that's swords. Sharp swords.

The second was one of my first blitzers, Unicorn-Killer. To be honest U-K has survived much longer than I thought, being the only man on my side with a niggling injury for three seasons now. He knew he was living on borrowed time.

I kicked in the first half, but wrested the ball from Kajo's side and held onto it, thanks to my Dump-Offs, before eventually scoring in turn 8.

The score remained unchanged until the final turn of the match, when a typically elfy manoeuvre to clinch a 2-0 victory failed with a fumbled pass, which Kajo's ghoul picked up and delivered across the line to tie the score.

Final Score: 1-1

Great game Kajo, and thanks again for trimming my bloating TV :P
    Last edited by Screwie; 01-05-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Irrelevant Illnesses (Nur, Me) vs. The Knuckle Heads (Ogre, X_kot)
    Div. 6
    Final Score: 0 - 1

This will go down in the annals as one of my worst matches ever. Nearly as disheartening as watching VV's Amazons disassemble my poor Brolafs.

The match began with an injured rotter on the first action of the game, and only went downhill from there. I suspect the Pows were all filed off my dice and replaced with Push and Defender Stumbles. It seemed I could roll nothing else. All those 3 dice blocks against snotlings, and hardly more than a few successfully knocked them over. The only injuries I could score were stuns and KOs, and precious few of those (the only permanently injured snotling in the whole match suffered a fractured arm upon being thrown at one of my Warriors).

Meanwhile, it felt like the ogres were tearing holes in my players, and selectively injuring only the valuable ones. My Pestigor was injured twice (mercifully, only BH each time), and one of my Warriors suffered a fractured skull. My rotters, remarkably, were largely untouched in spite of being punched in the face over and over.

Ultimately, I spent the match pfaffing around completely ineffectually, and X_kot walked away with a well deserved win. He made extremely annoying use of his snotlings, and his ogres proved to be a wall of meat that I simply could neither scratch nor outmaneuver. Grats to X_kot! Now go break some elfs. :D

Network Hub
    When questioned about the suspiciously healthy roster of snotlings after their encounter with Irrelevant Illnesses, Coach X_kot dismissed allegations that his goblins were dunked in industrial-strength grease prior to the match, saying that "they're just naturally greasy critters. Engineers traditionally repair jammed cogs by having a snotling crawl through the machinery before turning it on - sometimes they even wait for the bugger to get out first."

Smaug was a great sport given the paucity of luck given to him throughout the match. Here's to better dice against the Nords!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Just got elf'd 4-1 by Brains Pro Elves. I did manage to injure 4 of his players, so i guess thats like a win? I felt like it was actually a pretty good game, Brain might have found the first half a bit easy though.
    You did manage to kill my kicker though and injur my already crippled catcher who now really needs to be put out to pasture, as soon as I can afford another one. Rolling 1 twice for winnings didn't help out in that regard. It was a fun game though, against the bashiest skaven side I have played.