View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 230 of 415 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Finally everyone here (that I have met) is a jolly nice chap, even in adversity...
    I'm not, I turn into a right cunt when the dice go against me.

Hex. Hexhexhexhex.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Great game Kajo, and thanks again for trimming my bloating TV :P

Next time i'll win! :D

BTW: there's some way to change the name of the team and the players?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post

Change, no.
    Specify when you make the team, and when you buy each player, yes. You can change the player name (and cycle through the appearance options) in the "details" tab before you buy them. So I'm afraid you're stuck with your current team and player names - but at least you'll be able to name new players when you hire them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That's two undead teams now stuck with my silly Dark Elf names :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post

No, non whatsoever. There is a beauty in that, names are legacy.

In my own team I'm strongly considering firing some players to reset, not their names but rather the skills. I'm facing Orcs next so a little guard meat to hold the line will be good.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

For my undead, I'm planning entirely on taking names from fallen opponents, but i'll start with the names of my High Elf team that I'm putting out to pasture.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Thinking about the names of the players isn't something I'd considered - I'll have to remember that for future team selections.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    For my undead, I'm planning entirely on taking names from fallen opponents.
    2/13 So far over here, got Cyanided out of a third.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I'm not, I turn into a right cunt when the dice go against me.

Hex. Hexhexhexhex.
    Fair point - Everyone *except* Al Hutton is a jolly nice chap :p
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hello there. I'd like to join your league please!
    I have played quite a bit against the AI but not against a human opponent for about 17 years. I've created a new team, Darkholm Bats, and added it to the mighty fine spreadsheet. It looks like you have about a fortnight left on your current league season, is that right?

A bit of background about me - I'm 33, living in London. Keen gamer - I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 (only gold league mind) and I've played quite a lot of WoW in the past. I used to play 40k and Space Marine when I was a kid, as well as the occasional game of Blood Bowl (this would have been in 1994 I think).

Look forward to catching up with some of you in game. I have Skype, by the way, if needed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hello there! There's two weeks to go, or thereabouts, then a frantic few days as Groovychainsaw works out the promotions and demotions and leavers and joiners and rejoiners and then tries to herd all the cats into the right league and get the whole shebang started all over again.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Hello there. I'd like to join your league please!

A bit of background about me - I'm 33, living in London. Keen gamer - I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 (only gold league mind) and I've played quite a lot of WoW in the past. I used to play 40k and Space Marine when I was a kid, as well as the occasional game of Blood Bowl (this would have been in 1994 I think).
    Hi, welcome to the league! I'm in my first season here myself.

I'm in kind of the same situation, history-wise. I played various GW titles a lot until my late teens. My main game was Space Marine by far, but I played a few others too. I never played 40K itself, and I think I only ever had about half a game of Fantasy Battle ;). I've been getting more nostalgic about it recently (especially as I walk past a GW game centre almost every day), but it seems that their main focus is more and more on 40K/Fantasy Battle. A lot of games I used to play don't even seem to get a mention on their site any more...

Network Hub
    Wayward Gladiators (Nor, Me) vs. Top brass (HElf, cacamas/deesno)

The match between Wayward Gladiators and Top Brass was played in blinding sunshine. The Norse felt the urge to start bashing elven skulls promptly and therefore chose to receive the ball at start. First injury was caused by Titus Pullo on the Line of Scrimmage. The high concentration of players on the LoS left the nordic defense patchy and a failed pick-up left the ball ripe for the picking. Fortunately the culprit didn't get far, and the Norse proceeded to cage the retreived ball safely. The elves couldn't break the cage, but screened with the ever loveable two man lines. Fortunately they didn't control the whole pitch, and there was no hurry, so the little headway that the norse could make was enough for Darius the berserker to score on turn 8.

The elven attack was as elven as they come. While the elven catchers invaded the Nordic fields, one of them slipped and knocked himself out. And even though another catcher was stopped cold by Ulfwereners, he still managed to run to the end-zone in receiving position. Alas, the elven thrower attempting the long pass was blinded by the sunlight and the ball scattered. Thus, the only thing the catcher ever received was a cruel shove into the gentle hands of the fans. The ball was left in a perfect position for the norse to exploit and the scattered and battered elves weren't in a position to defend. The dice weren't in their favor either. On turn 8, Lucius Vorenus ran the touchdown.

Final Score: 2-0 for Wayward Gladiators

Network Hub
    Div G

Da Blu Moonz
    (Dentharial, Orcs) VS Sulaco (Darkwingstalker, HElves)

A game against Darkwing was tried
    But the network repeatedly died
    If the deadline's in sight
    Then a draw is alright
    Until then, we yell, "Cyaniiiiiiide!"
    Last edited by Dentharial; 02-05-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Bravo that man

I've seen no match summary posted by Ntw, and been too busy until now to add it myself.

Division D - Insert Witty Team Name Here vs Bishi Bashi Speshal

The game was decided by a couple of important factors: great defensive playing by ntw, he re-positioned his rats very well, constantly denying me blocks; two poor moves by myself, which allowed an easy TD for ntw in turn 3, and halted my desperate last turn TD attempt; poor armour rolls for the orcs, resulting in more orc injuries than on the skaven team; an extremely effective wizard, causing two orc injuries and a stunned troll.

A good match. Ntw clearly demonstrated how to play Skaven, and punished me for each of my slip-ups.

Final Score 1-0 to Insert Witty Team Name Here.

Apologies to all my legions of adoring match report fans, I have also been madbusy with a new job and stuffs going on.

After the previous game where my brave (stupid?) rats hurled themselves into the Undead mincing machine of Helio but still somehow managed to score 3 TDs while only conceding 1, I was fearful of another bashy match against des's vicious looking Orcs.

However, as des says, my Skaven seemed to be the ones doing much of the bashing while it seems I am finally starting to get the hang of playing them. Silly mistakes on both sides probably balanced out, dice rolls were fairly even with my luck at breaking Orc armour balanced by some poor rolls at other times.

Just Karandraz's fearsome 1960TV Lizards (should give me ~400k of incentives to play with though) to play now in the final match of the season, which shall forever be remembered in Skaven legend as "that season where we played all the bashy teams, and got bashed loads".
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

AGP 1-0 Global Warping

A decidedly un-wood elf v skaven contest with the only score of the game being run in on the 15th turn. AGP beefed up his squad beforehand allowing me 360k in inducements - one thing that MM in Auld hasnt taught me is the use of inducements so I kept it simple and took a wizard and a RO for some elf squishing.

AGP won the toss and elected to receive. He then promptly set about dismantling my side successfully breaking armour 4/4 times in the first turn - 1 stun and 3 KO's. I responded by tying up his catchers in my territory before attempting to blitz with the RO who promptly skulled which was rerolled to a both down. AGPs second turn started the same way as the first as the first block saw a GR killed. My apothecary was having none of it but said the poor rat needed rest and a MNG was handed out instead. A failed short pass gave me an opportunity I couldnt take advantage of and for the next two turns there was some jousting as AGP tried to free his catchers. On turn 5 I managed to work a route through to the ball carrier with a SV who sat the elven thrower down on his arse and allowed a GR to swoop in and pick up the ball and scoot into the elven half. As he had no support he didnt have the ball for long and AGPs blitz KO'd the GR but left him unable to get anyone back to pick up the ball. A free rat lino managed to cover the ground and get within one turn of the line. In an effort to protect him a SV dodged out of a TZ, tripped over his feet and ended his game with a badly hurt roll. The unskilled lino didnt stand a chance as elves pounced on him and the elves had one last chance to score before the half was out. The pass failed spectacularly and a successful but painful first half was over.

Half time saw 3/4 of the KO'd rats back on leaving me two men down on the elves but still fancied my chances. However pouring rain and a kick just behind my LOS forced me throw my plans out the window. A GR secured the ball and retreated with a semi cage around him while my rat ogre unsuccesfully attempted to surf a lino. On my next turn an opening on the right allowed me to push into the elven half with a semi cage. The cage was immediately swamped with elves but the ball carrier remained standing albeit with three elves blocking escape routes and stood next a tackle wardancer. An attempted blitz to surf the WD ended in a failed wild animal roll and then lonered the attempted reroll. This left me needing 1D blocks to free the runner with the final one failing. Next turn the GR was removed from the ball and subsequently the pitch as he picked up a KO but the elves failed to secure the ball. A SV blitz to remove the ball marker meant a plucky lino could make a break for the endzone but again a lack of rats on the pitch meant he was flying solo and didnt hold the ball for long. Four elves surrounded the ball giving me no chance to retrieve it so I marked up what I could and hoped the rolls went my way. Nuffle smiled on me and the first attempted block double skulled for a turnover. It didnt really help though as I still couldnt get rats to the ball and the next turn saw the elves escape down the right with most of the rats tied up down the left. A GR and a linerat managed to break free threatening the carrier from opposite sides slowing the cage down enough to give me one last pop at the ball carrier. A 2D roll got me a stumble and the ball scattered into an empty square with no markers. All I needed was to dodge a GR away from his marker scoop up the ball and make hell for leather for the opposite end of the pitch. The greased up rat slipped away from his marker but failed to get a good grip on the ball. One easy block away and the elves had a clear run to the endzone. With no riot forthcoming I was left to pick up the 6th SPP for a lino to finish the game.

Despite the loss i'm happy with my efforts since I spent most the game with about 5-6 rats on the field. Holding woodies to one score with 11 rats is a hard enough task.

Ultimately I think the failed rat ogre blitz was the crucial moment as my GR escaping then would probably have seen me score.

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Silly mistakes on both sides probably balanced out
    Didn't notice your mistakes, you seemed to play a perfect game as far as I could see - ie. deny me blocks and reposition your rats to support each other. Made it very difficult to break through your defence or score any injuries.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post

it seems that their main focus is more and more on 40K/Fantasy Battle. A lot of games I used to play don't even seem to get a mention on their site any more...
    I'm still a GW fan although my 40K army hasn't had an outing for a long time (and indeed needs a whole lot of painting still) - the GW focus seems to be the two main games and the LotR tie-in game (which has become an entire product line in it's own right).

Titles like Blood Bowl and Nercomunda are still played and enjoyed but not supported any more - although I believe you can still get the Necromunda rulebooks etc through the GW site.

Anyway, back to online gaming ... have signed up to the Divs of Death, the Challenge League and the Open, planning to spend the next few months training up a team on the Challange league for when the Open er... opens up again. And be playing my DoD games with another team. Should be good - looking forward to learning all about this game.