View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 231 of 415 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Titles like Blood Bowl and Nercomunda are still played and enjoyed but not supported any more - although I believe you can still get the Necromunda rulebooks etc through the GW site.
    GW are still doing the odd spin-off release, such as last years Dreadfleet. Personally I prefer that type of release, where everything you need is in one box.

There are also rumours of a re-release of an old game. Possibly Necromunda or Bloodbowl. My money would be on Necromunda (literally too).

Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    GW are still doing the odd spin-off release, such as last years Dreadfleet. Personally I prefer that type of release, where everything you need is in one box.

There are also rumours of a re-release of an old game. Possibly Necromunda or Bloodbowl. My money would be on Necromunda (literally too).
    To continue the off-topic GW thread: did anyone play Battlefleet Gothic? I quite enjoyed that. Haven't touched my 40k or WFB stuff in over 10 years.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I loved Necromunda but I could hardly ever get any games in, people I knew preferred Blood Bowl and Fantasy. Van Saar for the win!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    To continue the off-topic GW thread: did anyone play Battlefleet Gothic? I quite enjoyed that. Haven't touched my 40k or WFB stuff in over 10 years.
    Battlefleet Gothic is quite neat, although it is never fun facing an Tau player who spams missile boats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Necromunda was great but relied to heavily on having excellent terrain. My Scavvy swarm (had like 50 guys, ate 1 of my guys a match) was one of the few bastions which survived a zombie plague, Scavvies with stolen Las weapons ^_^ And lots of swords.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Van Saar for the win!
    Tech skills topped out in usefulness when your heavy bolter already has a 2+ ammo roll.

But stealth, shooting and agility? Delaque had it all,agiity shooting and stealth. Sprint makes you harder to shoot for gods sake, double that up with evade and hip shooting and (gunfighter for pure epic, or dive when your opponents are skilled with positioning)? He'll be dropping down on you with a cheeky hand flamer or 2 before you can get a shot to land on him.

The panic that causes is extreme.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 02-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh Great and Bountiful admins: Somanyrobots and I are having some scheduling issues due to work and timezones and flights and such. We'll probably need a short extension if that's okay (Monday is looking promising)

Oh great and bountiful game devs - please convert Necromunda into turn based PC goodness

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    1-0 and about to go for a dodge (with a reroll) to go 2-0 up when NieA7 disconnected.
    I'd like to take the administrative win rather than trying again.

disco.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    1-0 and about to go for a dodge (with a reroll) to go 2-0 up when NieA7 disconnected.
    I'd like to take the administrative win rather than trying again.

disco.jpg
    Are you sure? You look like you'd easily get 6 or 8 touchdowns there, you really look like you have him on the ropes.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

President Weasle and I just got to turn 5 of our match when my machine crashed. It was 1-0 to him and he was about to score again, could an admin set it to a 2-0 win to him?

More generally it's becoming clear that my connection for BB is terrible. I can play Tribes with no problem at a c.20ms ping, stream 720 vids off YouTube and other online games seem fine too, but BB's all over the place. If I can't sort it out I think I'll drop out from future seasons, it must be very tedious for my opponents.

*Edit* Thanks Helio XP

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Possibly Necromunda or Bloodbowl. My money would be on Necromunda (literally too).
    I never played Necromunda either, although it looked interesting. I remember the rules coming out free in a White Dwarf. THe main game must have been released after my time with GW.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Oh great and bountiful game devs - please convert Necromunda into turn based PC goodness
    I'd be keen to develop a new version of Space Hulk as a real time or turn based game (lots of ideas for it). Necromunda could be interesting too...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I never played Necromunda either, although it looked interesting. I remember the rules coming out free in a White Dwarf. THe main game must have been released after my time with GW.
    You're thinking of Confrontation which was based on GW's venerable 4 phase action system they'd used for things like the Golden Heros roleplaying game. The incomplete rules for Confrontation were released over several issues in White Dwarf. Necromunda was based on the standard W40K system with extra bits.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've heard talk that they might be putting overwatch into the 40k rules, so if you had a rich friend you could buy the forgeworld spacehulk like terrain (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...TALIS-SET.html) and just play games on that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    President Weasle and I just got to turn 5 of our match when my machine crashed. It was 1-0 to him and he was about to score again, could an admin set it to a 2-0 win to him?

More generally it's becoming clear that my connection for BB is terrible. I can play Tribes with no problem at a c.20ms ping, stream 720 vids off YouTube and other online games seem fine too, but BB's all over the place. If I can't sort it out I think I'll drop out from future seasons, it must be very tedious for my opponents.
    Who was challenging who in this game? It might make a difference, as it appeared to do in our two recent games. Also port forwarding, torrents, streaming, yada yada?

Also of course I wasn't there, but is 5 turns really enough to call an administrative victory? That is a ton of time left in which to fight back...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    He was down a wight, I was up a touchdown and had just got a blitz and caught the ball on the restart, had ridden the attempted sack, and was one dodge (with a reroll) away from a 2-0 lead. Making us restart at 0-0 seems like penalising me for his PC crashing.

We tried again in the challenge league after NieA7 had turned zone alarm off - the once-every-turn 15 seconds of connection error messages went away, and the annoying 2 second lag between selecting an option and seeing it happen on screen. Then his PC blue screened, and my halfling team got their only ever challenge league win.
    We tried a third time, again with no zone alarm, and it worked perfectly. His fresh amazon team beat the crap out of my 1700 TV lizards and handed them one of their very few challenge league defeats.

I don't know why he's getting the occasional blue screens with Blood Bowl and not other games; it's not the graphics driver.
    Could be one slightly dodgy, or slightly badly seated, stick of RAM - but you'd expect that to show up with other games too.
    Maybe try deleting the install and installing it again? Make sure you've still got the disk (or access to the download, or whatever) before deleting the install though.
    It does seem like Zonealarm might be behind the connection issues though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've been getting crashes to desktop recently when i've been spinning in the public leagues. Pretty annoying.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I noticed that all the division B matches have now been played (according to the holy spreadsheet). It would be great if the week was bumped along for us because My life is about to get hectic and so the more opportunities I have to fit in the final game the better.

Few results validated, weeks rolled on where possible.

PW vs NieA7 set to 2-0
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Div G

Da Blu Moonz
    (Dentharial, Orcs) VS Sulaco (Darkwingstalker, HElves)

A game against Darkwing was tried
    But the network repeatedly died
    If the deadline's in sight
    Then a draw is alright
    Until then, we yell, "Cyaniiiiiiide!"
    This thread is a constant font of creativity :)

Your match is still live with 3 days to go to the deadline - play it if you can! :)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh