View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 232 of 415 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 8290
    I think the DCs are sorted (thanks to Pres for helping me test), turns out that even if you allow BB for both incoming and outgoing traffic in Zone Alarm it'll still mess you about. I'll just quit it altogether in future, hopefully that'll do the trick.

The crashes aren't BB specifically, damned if I know what it is but about once a month or so my computer will BSOD (7f or 1e), making it impossible to track down. It's happened in BB, Stellar Impact and just randomly on the desktop. I've tried removing the overclock, reseating the RAM and tweaking voltages but nothing's helped so far unfortunately.

Screwie - Turn 5 is kinda early, but this was my third DC'd game in the last week or so. Thinking back to the DC on our game on the last turn, and how happy I was that that turned a 2-0 win into a 2-0 loss, I offered PW an admin win instead of a replay. Nuffle giveth, and Nuffle taketh away.

What a game. DarkWeeble's Goblins (1) vs. The RPS forum Allstar Orcs (1). Right on the first turn, DW's Lunatic started swinging his ball and chain wildly around him and straight into the face of one of my Black Orc Blockers: Badly Injured. During the rest of the first half, I lost another BOB (Badly Injured) and then another one (KO). After a few failed pick-up attempts the Pogoer then managed to happily bounce his way into my endzone, getting his team the 1-0 lead.

A suprise visit of my girlfriend's father did its part to destroy any coherent strategy I might had thought up (I had to bounce back and forth between the guest in the kitchen and my PC in the living room...) and I felt lucky to see the half finished without further injuries. Luckily (for me), the referee sent off Chainsaw, Bombardier and Lunatic for the second half. Somehow Heliocentric (one of my Blitzers) managed to squeeze in an equaliser, 1-1.

The last few turns I spent trying to figure out how to reach the opposing endzone with my ballcarrier but ultimately failed at counting which left me standing one imaginary square away from the 2-1. Failed.

Good game nevertheless, thanks DarkWeeble for giving my Orcs a bloody workout.
    Last edited by Squiz; 04-05-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Filled in a few more details.

Xenny's Berserkers 1 - Norwegian Fancy Nancies 2

Xenny and I got into our division H game, norse v norse.

The fancy Nancies elected to receive and slowly made their headway downfield, making a quick reversal early. A few lucky knockouts and a crowdsurf enabled them to get a midway TD, though they postponed it by trying to handoff to a non-lineman.

Xenny managed to KO a berserker during the final few turns while I delayed the TD, but all was well - everyone woke up.

Xenny suffered an unfortunate badly hurt lineman just before half turned over.

Second half saw Xenny push hard down the left field with a tight cage. A forward lineman covering the corner of the cage was two squares from the sideline, so it was time to bring in my werewolf to crowdsurf him. I moved the appropriate lineman into position to ensure two-die blocks the whole way and prepared to begin busting open his cage.

Both-down/attacker down followed by a double both-down. Crap.

This enabled Xenny to smash my remaining coverage sitting there - in a rookie mistake I hadn't moved all of my players first before beginning the attack.

Xenny took advantage and advanced his cage to near the TD. I was able to markup the cage quite well, and failed to crowdsurf with my werewolf. Again.

Xenny is poised for a TD, and starts with his werewolf - double bothdown followed by attacker down/both down. I appreciated the irony.

I smash open his cage and smush his ballcarrier to next to the sidelines. Xenny is all over the place at this point and fails a crucial dodge early in his turn.

I knock the ballcarrier out, and the ball is tossed not 3 steps from my own TD line. Xennys players are all over the place in various positions of laying down, so I move a player near the ball and go to scoop - and fail, knocking the ball into the end zone.

Xenny is able to jump up with a berserker and strut passed the TD line to scoop the ball with ease.

Score tied, 3 turns left.

Xenny positions his players, placing both werewolves on one side. I position most of my guys on the other, already picking out a player to crowdsurf.

Through a terrible kick, the ball lands out of bounds and is handed to my berserker on the LoS.

I'm quickly able to smash most of his players on that side and push my cage halfway downfield.

Xenny attempts to recover and makes a few clutch dodges and GFI rolls to mark the bottom portion of my loose cage. He also manages to mark the ballcarrier with his werewolf, not two steps from the endzone. In order to avoid the necessary clutch dodge, I free up my own werewolf who charges xennys, pushing him out of bounds.

I walk in for my second TD on turn 16.

GG Xenny - was tight at times
    Last edited by chadsexington; 04-05-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    This thread is a constant font of creativity :)

Your match is still live with 3 days to go to the deadline - play it if you can! :)
    Yeah, I'm hoping we'll have another shot at it, but I wanted to get this into the thread asap. Partially just so I didn't miss the opportunity to write a rhyme for Cyanide, and partially because Darkwing didn't post in the match organising group (we hooked up on Steam), and I'd hate to be awarded an admin win when he did try to play the match.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    First of the new stars in CE has been revealed... and as we know there are only two it stinks. Of all the weapon stars we hoped would be added Bomber Dribblesnot was a long way down the list... stupid too as Nobbla can play for both Underworld and Chaos Dwarf.

I’m assuming the ‘second’ will be a made up one for the khorne team. So still no Fezglitch of Glart for the Skaven, two badly needed additions that could have slipped in as the Underworld star. Chaos Dwarves probably won’t get anyone as Cyanide have only ever set two per team as a goal and Grashnak and Morg are already available. Gotta hold something back for BB: Star Edition in 2014!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    How dare you! :O Bomber Dribblesnot is in my Fab Five! Much better than that waste of air Scrappa.

But yes Nobbla would have been more useful. And if they're adding Secret Weapon Star players they should really put in all of them to keep it fair.

Most of all though, I'd like to see Chaos get any Star Player worth less than 300k...

Put myself down as a rebooting undead player - I can't seem to get it to work with the race balance sheet though. I've messed up somewhere, can someone sort it for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    Put myself down as a rebooting undead player - I can't seem to get it to work with the race balance sheet though. I've messed up somewhere, can someone sort it for me?
    Don't worry, the Race Balance sheet only tracks entries in the Race column. Between seasons your "Helf" entry under Race will be replaced by "{Und}" and then it will show up properly.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Great report! I saw the match too (Xenny's my g/f, so "she", not "he"! :p), it was definitely tight with some good and bad luck on both sides. It's worth noting that the Fancy Nancys dished out 5 KOs and a BH versus one KO... that's Nuffle for you. That last kick really was bonkers too... bit of a match changer, although the score was still possible anyway.

Those frenzy-driven crowd surfing jobs are definitely one to watch out for. I'd never really clocked how useful they are. If you get up into Div 8 (looking likely!) I'm definitely not getting remotely close to the sidelines with my gobbos.

Okay so I just read this on the official forums and I wasn't aware of it, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else yet or is common knowledge but here's a brief PSA:

If you have a Wizard then during the brand new and irritating phase that has been added to the start of your opponents' turn, the following may occur:
    • If you cast a Wizard spell and it knocks down its victim but doesn't break their armour, it may still count as that player's movement for their turn and they will not be able to stand until after your following turn.
    • If you cast a Wizard spell and knock down the ball carrier, and the ball bounces free without being caught by another player, it might cause a Turnover for your opponent!! o.o

(Source.)

Freaking brilliant work, Cyanide. That is something ridiculous.

I love how a bunch of part time amateurs at FUMBBL have had this stuff pretty much stable for years now.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ah i noticed that in single player, but i wasnt sure if it was just a strange bug. The 2nd one that is.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's daft - an extra button to "Use Wizard and End Turn" would have been a much less irritating implementation, and since the wizard's being used at the end of your turn rather than the start of your opponent's, it avoids the bugs mentioned above.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Okay so I just read this on the official forums and I wasn't aware of it, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else yet or is common knowledge but here's a brief PSA:

If you have a Wizard then during the brand new and irritating phase that has been added to the start of your opponents' turn, the following may occur:
    • If you cast a Wizard spell and it knocks down its victim but doesn't break their armour, it may still count as that player's movement for their turn and they will not be able to stand until after your following turn.
    • If you cast a Wizard spell and knock down the ball carrier, and the ball bounces free without being caught by another player, it might cause a Turnover for your opponent!! o.o

(Source.)

Freaking brilliant work, Cyanide. That is something ridiculous.

UGH.

Can we all agree not to abuse that in the Divisions? Not that I am ever going to have a TV bloat that allows anyone else to use a Wizard against me, but that.... that... Oh my.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Great report! I saw the match too (Xenny's my g/f, so "she", not "he"! :p), it was definitely tight with some good and bad luck on both sides. It's worth noting that the Fancy Nancys dished out 5 KOs and a BH versus one KO... that's Nuffle for you. That last kick really was bonkers too... bit of a match changer, although the score was still possible anyway.

Those frenzy-driven crowd surfing jobs are definitely one to watch out for. I'd never really clocked how useful they are. If you get up into Div 8 (looking likely!) I'm definitely not getting remotely close to the sidelines with my gobbos.

I did not clarify Xenny's gender pre-match ;)

And yes, I got a multitude of KOs and a BH first half, which allowed me ease of entry into the endzone. Xenny's TD second half was made available due to some nuffle dice and my short-sightedness/greediness in not moving marking players first / waiting for extra players to fully mark the cage.

It was postponed due to nuffle repaying me with the exact same bothdown roll on Xenny's wolf, and I received a full down-payment with the terrible kick which allowed me to score. I'm not sure I would have been able to do it if it was an inbound kick.

Well, thats nuffle for ya ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    UGH.

Can we all agree not to abuse that in the Divisions? Not that I am ever going to have a TV bloat that allows anyone else to use a Wizard against me, but that.... that... Oh my.
    How exactly do you avoid abusing it? There is no way you can work around that beyond not using the wizard at the end of turns which is crippling the underdog. The turnover issue is exceptionally rare I believe; the one common way was fixed in the rapid patch for the patch.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    How exactly do you avoid abusing it? There is no way you can work around that beyond not using the wizard at the end of turns which is crippling the underdog. The turnover issue is exceptionally rare I believe; the one common way was fixed in the rapid patch for the patch.
    So it's fixed in the main game?

I ask because whenever I take a wizard, it's 90% of the time for the exact purpose of knocking down the ball carrier when I can't reliably get to them, and I'd hate to buggily steal a turn from my opponent for doing so.

Remember that you can still use the Wizard at the start of your own turn without issue (typically when I use them it's always the first thing I try on a turn anyway).

I wasn't aware that it has been fixed or not, I will try and dig up a source on that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The only time I would ever actually use the wizard at the end of my turn (as opposed to the beginning) is if I were confident I could knock down the ballcarrier with block/blitzes, but ended up rolling a big pile of pushes, and they remained in scoring range.

I can see that. Ideally I like to lead with the Wizard and follow up with a Blitz if I need to. Unless you're in very dire straits I find there's not a lot to be gained from knocking the ball carrier over without anything to follow it up.