View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 233 of 415 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 8290
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I can see that. Ideally I like to lead with the Wizard and follow up with a Blitz if I need to. Unless you're in very dire straits I find there's not a lot to be gained from knocking the ball carrier over without anything to follow it up.
    What if you were going to blitz the ball carrier but failed the gfi? :)

I suppose that would go under the dire straits, though.

Me and Deeky had our match, but due to a screwup of gumps in my game (thanks Cyanide for not supplying a close button or a shortcut sheet) I dropped out a couple turns past the second half. If we can get an extension till Tuesday when we will probably rematch (Div E), otherwise you can make Deeky win 1-0. Thanks

My Wood elves, Tea and Disco Biscuits, played Graevers' Human team, The Codsbottom brawlers last night.

We both came into the game with a merc. on our sides. I had a tree, a wardancer (the other one died last game) and a bunch of line men. graever had a thrower, two catchers and the usual complemet of line men and blitzers.

(Since it was a Friday night the details are a little fuzzy)

I elected to kick-off, after the usual LOS bash KO'd my loner lineman, the thrower scooped the ball and passed it to a lineman, who then handed it off to a catcher near the sideline, the clearing blitz failed though and the humans moved up into a patial cage center pitch near the side.
    I mostly moved defenses to the active side of the pitch then sent the wardancer to blitz the catcher who didn't have the ball, Badly Hurt ;) (if the humans are gonna elf about with the ball, may as well bash them right?).

The Codsbottom boys moved the ball into a half cage on the sideline, witch wasn't so smart, as in my next turn set-up, blitzed a blitzer into the ball carrier who left the field, the crowd did their thing taking the second human catcher out of the game (the block also KO'd the blitzer who got blitzed).

Around this point it statrs to get fuzzy, but elfs did their thing and scored in turn 4, maybe this was when my ag5 lineman got injured as well.

The second play of the half saw the humans attacking again, getting close but being taken down again. but this time the crowd throwin left the ball next to a bunch of humans. 1-0 at half time.

I think at the start of the second half we both had 8 players on the pitch, humans kick, elfs do the elf thing. 2-0

The Irish coffee that was getting me through the game means I can't tell you quite what happened after this, other than I got the ball off the Brawlers and scored again but one of my no-skill linemen got killed.

All in all it was quite a fun game, 3-0 to Tea and Discobisuits only one lineman killed. Nuffle was in a strange move, both teams block almost falwlessly, and failed on dodges shockingly often, picking the ball up wasn't too easy either.
    Last edited by 2lab; 05-05-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Beauty and the Beast best the Supernumeries in a close fought game 3-2. Rub of the Green goes with Beast at a few critical points. Most of the hard work was done by Jordell Freshbreeze who scooped the lions share of Beasts SP's :((.

Thanks for the game... forwards Elves....

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    Beauty and the Beast best the Supernumeries in a close fought game 3-2. Rub of the Green goes with Beast at a few critical points. Most of the hard work was done by Jordell Freshbreeze who scooped the lions share of Beasts SP's :((.

Thanks for the game... forwards Elves....
    He got 14. Meanwhile I flubbed /just enough/ 2+'s (and 1+s in a few cases) for Prester's superior plays to come true.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Wow, congratulations Prester. Nullkigan's DElfs gave me a good whoopin. Wouldn't have thought that one of the Div7 teams would stand much of a chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Come on, bum faces. Get your games in, deadline's tomorrow.

Network Hub
    Beauty and the Beast best the Supernumeries in a close fought game 3-2.
    Have you bought any rerolls yet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    My game against WhiskeyTangoFox in div 3 doesn't look like it will be played, so that's a prime candidate for an admin'd draw. WTF is away until sunday afternoon, and I'm away from monday to wednesday so no use postponing anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Doesn't look like it, just a "Leader" player on the roster. Calculated risks, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Leader ftw... thats it.. although think i might have enough cash for a proper one now...

I gotta say, playing without rerolls does seem to have improved my game, despite my skepticism earlier!

Anupshi Rises (DogPants, Khe) 1 - 0 The Phantom Menace (Rakysh, Nec)

Anupshi Rises got a rather rude introduction to the advantage of blitzing with Frenzy when the game opens with one of the Phantom Menace werewolves sent a blitz-ra crowd-surfing. So began the trend of the first half, with the Necromantics outmanoeuvring the Khemri throughout. What was also a trend-setting opening move was Anupshi Rises's first block injuring a zombie lineman. Much of the half, then, was lent to blocking and posturing as the Necs probed the defence for an opportunity. This came just over halfway through when an excellent feint by Rakysh drew most of the defenders over to their right field, allowing the Ghoul runner to race down the lightly defended left. The scattered defence was just enough to hold the runner until a loose Tomb Guardian caught up and smashed the ball carrier into the ground. After that very close dash the half ended with both teams converging, unsuccessful in their attempts to recover it and break out. The Phantom Menace were certainly the better team at that point, but with one zombie dead(er), two more players injured and a ghoul KOd the second half would see them starting with a depleted lineup.

Things were taking a similar line with Anupshi Rises on the offensive in the second half. An unwise feint by the ball carrier served only to leave some of his slower teammates behind while the more agile Necromantics crabbed across the pitch to meet him. As the attackers folded in to try to cage up again a flanking party of Wights and Werewolves managed to come round behind and sack the ball carrying Thro-Ra. Panic ensues among the offence as the Thro-Ra was the last man, and there are more opposition players around the ball than friendly. This is exacerbated by some poor blocking, although the Phantom Menace certainly got the lion's share of unfortunate rolls across the game. Enough players managed to get back to stop the ball going either way and the game devolved into a brawl again. So it would have ended were it not for some unlucky ball handling resulting in the ball landing unattended by a prone Blitz-Ra. Against all odds he managed to pick the thing up and race off linewards. A similarly positioned Wight gave chase and the last turns of the game might have ended in a Blitzer Vs Blitzer chase for the line were it not for an encore for Mr Surprise Blitzing Tomb Guardian who clobbered the Wight as he reached the ball carrier, stunning him. With two turns to go and no opposition the cards were on the table. The touchdown was scored and the game ended gracefully and with a bare minimum of violence. Presumably Nuffle will punish both teams for that next game.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Wow, congratulations Prester. Nullkigan's DElfs gave me a good whoopin. Wouldn't have thought that one of the Div7 teams would stand much of a chance.
    Thanks! Think i got some rolls at critical points and Nullkigan didn't! I look forward to crashing and burning at the hands/fists/boots of your orcs next game :))

Haha, we will see about that. Don't think that I've got enough experience to beat a good Woodelf coach though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thinking about my situation a bit more I realise my flat move will be well finished by the time the next season starts. As a result I'm withdrawing my withdrawal and have updated the spread sheet appropriately. However the last game of this season will be trickier to get played.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 06-05-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    As PW said, deadline day is today, let me know if you need an extension, other wise I'll start defaulting games tomorrow to get us on to week 3 ;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Damn, already? Okay I've been trying to reach Tom, but not managed to get our game sorted yet. Can we have an extension until tomorrow at least, and I'll try and catch him on Steam this extended weekend?

Network Hub
    I gotta say, playing without rerolls does seem to have improved my game, despite my skepticism earlier!
    When I started a wood elf team on another league, having only 2 rerolls broke my game more often than I anticipated. AG4 doesn't make that much of a difference, when you're playing mostly with skill-less linemen (the positionals got maimed a lot). I suspect you have started to pay close attention to positioning and the amount of rolls you make. Four minute turns are good in that they allow you to learn as you play. Two minute turns teach you not to get stuck on a decision but you can't reflect on your performance during the game. A game with 40 second turns must be utter chaos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Thinking about my situation a bit more I realise my flat move will be well finished by the time the next season starts. As a result I'm withdrawing my withdrawal and have updated the spread sheet appropriately. However the last game of this season will be trickier to get played.
    Even though you are a man-witch with disturbingly effective hexy powers, I am glad you'll be around next season.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Oh Great and Bountiful admins: Somanyrobots and I are having some scheduling issues due to work and timezones and flights and such. We'll probably need a short extension if that's okay (Monday is looking promising)
    Just in case it was missed.