View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 234 of 415 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    4-1 for Elf Harm over The 4 Colour Villains under coach groovychainsaw, in the second part of our Open/DoD double-header. His (surely totally illegal) ST5 blitzer General Zod was sitting this one out (thanks Duffin!), so he had enough inducements for Morg'n'Thorg and a wizard, but Morg didn't manage to build even a small hill of elf corpses and the wizard didn't help much either, so my elfs just elfed their way to victory, helped by a convenient blitz when gc had left his sidelines open.

Thanks to groovychainsaw for the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Groovy my dear, me and hugh should be playing tomorrow night if we can get the extension?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    As PW said, deadline day is today, let me know if you need an extension, other wise I'll start defaulting games tomorrow to get us on to week 3 ;-)
    Hi Groovy/admins.

I'm trying to ping Ritashi to get our match going... I hope we'll get to do it :(

I haven't been able to get in contact with Alethron for our champs match.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Activated Node
    Hopefully will be able to play Kajo today (Monday) at some point if possible.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    (Indefatigable Snoozer) The Dwarven Giants 2 - 2 Altdorf Army (Alistair Hutton)

I'm giving away enough TV for the evil dwarfses to hire a wizard, bribe the ref and get a couple of babes.

Turn 1, I elect to kick, evil Dwarfses foul the Ogre off the pitch with a miss next game that the Apothecary kindly offers to turn into a miss next game -1 AV. Bribe keeps evil dwarf on the pitch. I tip my hat to Snoozer for an excellent use of an inducement (this is a lie, I actually say: "Oh, it's on now!"). Standard evil Dwarfses vs Human occurs, the Dwarfs roll down the pitchthe human tweak the corners of the cage but can't get a hit on the evil +1 AG, +1 ST runner. However a couple of lucky hits by the humans but a Troll Slayer in the injury box and another dwarf in the KO box and as the half nears the end the Dwarfs have left the Army two turns to score as they don't ahve enough players to cover the ball carrier and they take the safe touch down.

Sweltering heat meant that Grayland, my heroic Sprinting MV 9 AG 4 Catcher decides to have a snooze and I mess up the blocking pattern to move my run of the mill MV 8 catcher into 1 turn range. However he can still leg it to 1 square from the end zone with only 1 dwarf able to cover back so giving me a gre... GFI fail. 2 Dwarfs cover back and it leaves my valiant cather needing a 4+ dodge, 4+ pickup and 4+ dodge all against a dwarf with tackle and me out of re-rolls (as I'd burned through them like something you want to burn lots of quickly) to tie the game up at the end of the first half.

Turns out we are in one of the 7 Universes where he failed.

So 1 - 0 to the evil Dwarfses at half time.

Both my Catchers take to the field and 3 right thinking Dwarfs think it's too hot. The Giants go for a fairly central deployment and the Army take advantage by offering a split play send a catcher down either flank. The Dwarfs have pretty much their first round of ineffectual blocking and the humans manage to pull off a 1d block against the super-runner to open a lane for not-Grayland to run the ball in for a tying touchdown. One Riot later and the clock has been moved back a turn giving the evil Dwarfses practically a full half to score the winner.

I kick short and up against the touchline, the Dwarfs recover but the Army engages the main force on the line of scrimmage with a full court press whilst detaching a hunter/killer force to pin the ball carrier and body guard to the touch line. A brilliant use of a stand firm dwarf keeps the temporary bastion secure, that and the fact that superevil-dwarf is holding the ball. For two turns it looks like the Dwarfs are in serious trouble as the pocket start to crumble and then "POW" a Altdofrian blitzer goes down and super dwarf head down the touchline - suddenly it is the Army that is all tied up and the Dwarfs are streaking away! Some risky scramble defence, brilliantly aided by Grayland dodging like a mofo around apparently static Dwarfs allows a 1D block to push the ball carrier next to the touchline with attacker now adjacent.

BOOM LIGHTNING BOLT. Player Badly Hurt. BOOM Hob the Moderately Attractive (Altdorf's Kicker) killed by a block, BOOM there goes super-runner down the field.

Reverse Boom, here comes Wrestle-Dauntless Catcher, Boom there goes super-runner onto the ground, Boom there goes Grayland haring down the pitch into the Dwarf's half, boom here goes Hail Mary thrower to pick up the ball with the entire Dwarf team in Altdorf's half.

BOOOOOOOM there goes Altdorf's Hail Mary Thrower failing to pickup the ball with a re-roll. Boom, dwarfs run in the touch down with 2 turns left.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, there's Grayland running in a 1 turn touch down involving dodging past a Troll Slayer 3 times and going for it 3 times. I fucking love AG4.

And with that the game petered out and my run of barely deserved draws involving Dwarfs continues. Right then, lets move house!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    (Indefatigable Snoozer) The Dwarven Giants 2 - 2 Altdorf Army (Alistair Hutton)

... EPIC DRAW MATCH REPORT...
    I thank you kindly for having the good grace to draw there sir. Means a win or draw gets me and my nurglings promoted.

Of course. I now have to outscore wood elves.

Rats.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I thank you kindly for having the good grace to draw there sir. Means a win or draw gets me and my nurglings promoted.

Of course. I now have to outscore wood elves.

Rats.
    Yeah I was kind of gutted by the draw but fairly elated given how poorly I'd played, you can't make basic positioning errors vs evil Dwarfses. Also I twice failed to pay attention to the dwarf with Diving Tackle. Given your elf in Beastman's clothing I think you'll be fine as his Wardancers always fall over when leaping.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 07-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    Me and Deeky had our match, but due to a screwup of gumps in my game (thanks Cyanide for not supplying a close button or a shortcut sheet) I dropped out a couple turns past the second half. If we can get an extension till Tuesday when we will probably rematch (Div E), otherwise you can make Deeky win 1-0. Thanks
    Just in case you have missed it Groovy, thanks

bloody elves

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I think you'll be fine as his Wardancers always fall over when leaping.
    You had to go and jinx it didn't you?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    You had to go and jinx it didn't you?
    Hex hex hex.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Week three for Division 2 looks quite exciting: me and Grinn in a promotion head to head, and NieA7 and Jarvis in a demotion decider demolition derby.
    If I beat Grinn I get promoted; if he wins he gets promoted. If we draw and NieA7 beats Jarvis, I get promoted because I'll have a better result against the next-highest player in the group. If we draw and Jarvis beats NieA7, Grinn gets promoted because then he'll have the better result against the number three player in the group.
    (I managed a win against NieA7 but only a draw against Secret Swedish Sleeper Agent Jarvis, and Grinn got a draw against NieA7 but a win against Jarvis the crypto-scandinavian).
    If everybody draws in week 3, it comes down to cas and TD difference.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Week three for Division 2 looks quite exciting: me and Grinn in a promotion head to head, and NieA7 and Jarvis in a demotion decider demolition derby.
    If I beat Grinn I get promoted; if he wins he gets promoted. If we draw and NieA7 beats Jarvis, I get promoted because I'll have a better result against the next-highest player in the group. If we draw and Jarvis beats NieA7, Grinn gets promoted because then he'll have the better result against the number three player in the group.
    (I managed a win against NieA7 but only a draw against Secret Swedish Sleeper Agent Jarvis, and Grinn got a draw against NieA7 but a win against Jarvis the crypto-scandinavian).
    If everybody draws in week 3, it comes down to cas and TD difference.
    Go Jarvis! I'll send some of the Rok'Ard Orc-Babes your way!

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Go Jarvis! I'll send some of the Rok'Ard Orc-Babes your way!
    As an inducement or a threat?

:)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Okay, set my match in div E a 1-0 victory for Deeky.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sadly still no sign of Tom O'Bedlam on the forums or Steam over the weekend... Nothing since this post over a week ago actually.

As I can't fit in another match tonight anyway, I regret I must leave the fate of my scheduled Div 4 Week 2 game in the admin overlords' gentle hands.
    Last edited by Screwie; 08-05-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Still waiting for a lifesign from Ritashi :( He was on steam this week end, according to his profile. I'd really like to play this game, though :S

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    bloody elves
    Bloody blitzes, I think you mean. 3 was truly catastrophic for your chances.

A significant lack of tackle was also unhelpful, however you certainly deserved the win regardless of my grumbeling!