View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 253 of 415 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 8290
    Yeah, exactly. I went down that many levels because that's how many players we have now but it's modifiable to whatever number of people you have. The feeder divisions just represents the incomplete row.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Jolima's idea is excellent, but we need some sideways-shifting between the seasons too. Otherwise people will end up playing the same people over and over again, and one of the benefits of the small divisions is that each season, there's new challenges.
    Could just stick everybody on every "tier" into a hat and draw the specific divisions at random. Would save a lot of dicking about.

(Having said that I think it's more or less fine as it is - dropouts and no-shows will screw things up no matter what system we use)

Choosing the divs at random from a pool of going up/staying/going down would keep things mixed nicely, you could even put a block in to stop anyone facing the same person twice in a row - that way we can keep the non-euclidean structure without the Cthulian tentacles linking it all together. Even if people dropped out a bit late in the day it'd allow for easier re-shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Okay then, to confirm - this is the plan we're going with this season?

(With apologies to Prester John.)
    OK, so lets do this brilliant plan-shaped-thing that some genius came up with! Can someone check whether we are good to go* and if so then start things? (PLEASE remember to check the fixtures match between the sheet and the game - also that you may need to log out of the game to refresh the ingame fixtures because, Cyanide). Again, apologies to Prester John. :(

*Apologies if it has been done already, it is my birthday today so I have been busy all weekend celebrating and enjoying the sunshine. Also it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow so I may well be out of circulation for a few days...

/edit - I should get a chance to logon tonight at about 5pm to do some quick admin stuff, if someone hasn't already....
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

OK, starting Divs now!

Looks like we are still missing :
    Div4 - Nullkigan, Andy G
    Div5 - Kapouille

/edit - I have started from the top down to Div3 & DivD - PLEASE check the fixtures ingame match those in the fixtures tab of the sheet before you commit to (or play!) a match, I have done it in a hurry since I am off out for birthday boozing soon!
    Last edited by ntw; 28-05-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    OK, starting Divs now!

Looks like we are still missing :
    Div4 - Nullkigan, Andy G
    Div5 - Kapouille

/edit - I have started from the top down to Div3 & DivD - PLEASE check the fixtures ingame match those in the fixtures tab of the sheet before you commit to (or play!) a match, I have done it in a hurry since I am off out for birthday boozing soon!
    Happy birthday :)

Activated Node
    (If we're lucky enough to see Div E get rolled on today, Helio and I can get our match in; else we'll have to wait until next weekend. No pressure though!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somanyrobots View Post
    (If we're lucky enough to see Div E get rolled on today, Helio and I can get our match in; else we'll have to wait until next weekend. No pressure though!)
    yeah, the 8 hour timezone thing has meant we barely ever cross paths.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

All leagues except 4 and 5 have been started and I believe the seedings should be right, but it wouldn't hurt for someone to double check.

The remaining divs are still waiting for Andy G and Kapouille.

Happy Birthday, ntw!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division A

Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel, Chaosmans) 2 - 0 The Easy Dead (Lowkey, undead mans)

A game where I rode my luck, and where Nuffle decided to punish me for low-risk moves and reward me for ridiculous ones.

Things were looking bad in turn (6, I think) when my "I have a reroll left, I will take one go for it to get my man out of anyone's range, and reroll if it goes wrong" ran into Nuffle and his trademarked two 1s in a row.
    I'd just mentioned to Lowkey how I had really been hoping to injure more of his team on my drive (I'd only got two KO's by then).

Having been buggered by the dice in a low-risk play and with no re-rolls left, and having failed to properly injure any undeads, I then had a rather spectacular change of luck. I stat-injured (serious concussion, that's -AV I think?) a level 4 ghoul, then without any rerolls:
    - blitzed the ghoul standing over my AG4 former ball carrier, but he rode it and sidestepped
    - dodged the ball carrier away from the ghoul and to the line
    - typed "ELFBALLLLLL!!" (this part is important, whenever you try something like this)
    - dodged an AG3 beastman away from his marker
    - picked up the ball with the AG3 beastman
    - passed the ball successfully
    and caught the ball with the AG4 beastman for a touchdown

Somewhere in there I also killed a ghoul, but he was just a 0spp one and Lowkey has loads of cash for a replacement.

Lowkey's attempt at an equaliser failed when I managed another no-reroll dodge with an Ag3 beastman, to take down his ball carrier.

In the second half some nasty dice on an early block gave me a shot at Lowkey's ball carrier, and the ball landed in the hands of a chaos warrior in the middle of the melee. I couldn't keep it though, and a couple of turns later Lowkey made a lone-ghoul breakthrough and sprinted for the line. His ghoul got KO'd, and as his team headed down the pitch to try to retrieve the ball I rode my luck with the dice and managed an almost skavenesque pickup, handoff, short-pass move to get the ball most of the way into Lowkey's half and on its way to my second touchdown.

I'd love to say this was a well-deserved victory, but I really don't think I can. I had excellent rolls when I really needed them, and Lowkey didn't. Nuffle smiled upon the Reavers today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ah a bit of bad luck but honestly Pres played the better game and deserved the win, the second TD in particular was very well done, the after match stats said the ghoul was now 5 av which I am hoping was a mistake...

Activated Node

Taxiderm (Und) vs. Lucky Lycanthropes (Nec)

Taxiderm was at a bit of a TV deficiency, so they started the match with babes and a reroll, kicking off to the Lycanthropes. Taxiderm set a lopsided line, and the Lycanthropes accordingly advanced up the weak side. But as their leading blockers got caged in and surrounded, the Lycanthropes chose to smash aside Taxiderm's mummies and switch the field. After a very punchy drive, there was a dramatic moment; the ball-carrier mere steps from the endzone, marked by one ghoul, with another nearby on the ground. The grounded ghoul got up to blitz, but failed his dodge, and went down with a MNG. Turn 5, 1-0.

Taxiderm recovered the kickoff and things immediately went belly-up; the receiving ghoul attempted a hand-off and fumbled it, causing an immediate turnover and a grounded ball. The Lycanthropes immediately exploited the hole, recovering the ball and pulling it back to relative safety. The next turn, they punched their way through, and ran in a turn 8 TD. 2-0. In revenge, Taxiderm used their final turn to give an MNG to one of the Lycanthrope wights.

The second half started much better for Taxiderm; I screwed up my setup, with my kick zombie out of position, and they rolled a quick snap. The kick landed very close to the line of scrimmage, and was promptly picked up by a Taxiderm wight. Lots of back-and-forth blocking, which ended with Taxiderm making a midfield zombie cage, then switching over to a sideline mummy/ghoul cage. The Lycanthropes got some numbers in front of the cage, though, slowing it as best they could. Then Taxiderm pulled a risky maneuver; they rushed the ball carrier past, planting him in scoring distance, but against the sideline, with two ghouls and a skeleton for protection. The Lycanthropes seized on this, injuring the skeleton and crowd-pushing one of the ghouls for a second injury. Taxiderm responded by attempting to hand the ball off to the remaining ghoul, who might dodge away; but a failed catch put paid to that. The necros recovered the ball, and dashed it upfield with just enough time left to score. Helio proceeded to roll, two turns in a row, incredibly poorly-timed BD/BD, giving me an easy TD. 3-0. The remaining turn was a predictable LOS bashfest, but no injuries.

Taxiderm 0 - 3 Lucky Lycanthropes

A very pleasant match! Better luck for me than Helio, I think, but the difference was mostly my more developed team. All the blodge really gave Helio hell. Undead are a bashy team, but necros aren't exactly a slouch in that department, and the levels really counted. He did get an awful lot of mileage out of his babes, but it wasn't enough to counter my large, large quantity of block.

Obscure Node
    Division H

Blades of the Dwarves vs Doomdark's Revenge
    (Dwarves vs Chaos)

Final score:
    1-0

Casualties:
    2-2

It was a long and grueling game, between two rookie teams. The Dwarves won the coin toss, and elected to receive for the first half. On the kick-off, the fans stormed the ref, but the bribes he gave out to mollify them were never used by either team. The Dwarves attempted some flashy passing to help move the ball forwards, and failed on the first turn. In response, the Chaos players were able to make a deep play to threaten the ball carriers, and a bit of carnage ensued. As all was looking lost for the Dwarves, 'Goose' Runesword threw a huge bomb downfield to one of the Blockers, who made a concerted effort to run downfield for the rest of the half. This resulted in no points, but at this point the Dwarves were leading in casualties 2-1, and each side had a KO. The second half was dominated by Chaos butterfingers. They were inconsistent in holding the ball, and a few poorly times dice-rolls led to the single point in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Ah a bit of bad luck but honestly Pres played the better game and deserved the win, the second TD in particular was very well done, the after match stats said the ghoul was now 5 av which I am hoping was a mistake...
    The post match report double counts any stat injuries. A 6AV ghoul will still be a target though.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rhylok - Cheers for the game, I enjoyed it very much. You underplayed that pass in your write up though - that was a wonderful piece of elfball from the unskilled dwarves. My jaw was on the floorwhen the agi 2 blocker caught it and waddled off towards the End Zone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The more I learn about Bloodbowl rules, the more I regret being Undead. But I don't regret *having been* undead. But I will be going feral now.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    The post match report double counts any stat injuries. A 6AV ghoul will still be a target though.
    A 7AV ghoul with no regen is already a target; that's what it's doing with a stat injury in the first place.
    Although my Plan A, which was to repeatedly target his wight who was carrying a niggling injury, completely failed and that guy was still on the pitch at the end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Yeah my wights are a bit tricky both being blodgers, the ghoul will remain in the team since he's quite skilled (and is my mobile guard) but I would be surprised if he lasts the season

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ghouls are such a double edged sword as an undead coach I imagine - wonderful players but they must die like flies...