View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 254 of 415 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Ghouls are such a double edged sword as an undead coach I imagine - wonderful players but they must die like flies...
    I'm finding mine quite durable - in 34 games with undead I havent had to fire or had one killed yet. One has a niggle but otherwise they're in good health. That said I only had once at creation, then added in 2nd, 15th and 17th games to get the full roster of 4. I prefer to bring them in one at a time so I can protect them better in the early stages

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Ah, how I've missed the match reports. Great to see that the season's rolling!

Div 8 gets underway with a 3-1 win for Beauty and the Beast (Woodies - hurray) over Rock Paper Sneaky Git (Orcs - boo).

A hard fought game - first half Orc's dominated, maiming a wardancer and scoring and 8 turn TD. Second half Woodies got the ball and scored, stole the ball and scored and intercepted the ball and scored. Game can turn very quickly against Woodies.

thanks for the game Squirelfanatic, good game, felt very close.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Sob for your poor wardancer :(.
    Beauty and the Beast vs the Black Bombers might be amusing...

(And never one to miss an opportunity for school-yard humour, mention wardancers and woodies... ummmm...)
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 29-05-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ghouls are such a double edged sword as an undead coach I imagine - wonderful players but they must die like flies...
    Don't get them Block, with Block they are an understandably irresistible fouling target.

Every ghoul I ever gave block got retired only a few games later.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Don't get them Block, with Block they are an understandably irresistible fouling target.

Every ghoul I ever gave block got retired only a few games later.
    And don't give them wrestle, first Ghoul I gave wrestle to got +AG next roll, making him an overpowered safety or a dodgy ball carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Sob for your poor wardancer :(.
    Beauty and the Beast vs the Black Bombers might be amusing...

(And never one to miss an opportunity for school-yard humour, mention wardancers and woodies... ummmm...)
    You'll like my Treeman then "Wood for Sheep"
    Settlers reference to boot!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    And don't give them wrestle, first Ghoul I gave wrestle to got +AG next roll, making him an overpowered safety or a dodgy ball carrier.
    +AG and wrestle are a great combo. I ended up with a bizarre Wrestle/Mighty Blow poor man's blitzer, who actually worked fairly well until Jim broke him _

Best example of a ghoul though is the Fumbbl version of Allidinho who has literally rolled +AG four times in a row. Shame you can only actually take two of them :(

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    +AG and wrestle are a great combo. I ended up with a bizarre Wrestle/Mighty Blow poor man's blitzer, who actually worked fairly well until Jim broke him _

Best example of a ghoul though is the Fumbbl version of Allidinho who has literally rolled +AG four times in a row. Shame you can only actually take two of them :(
    I had a AG5 ghoul once, then he died :(
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

It's not bad by any stretch, but on an otherwise Ag2/3 team I'd always give block to any +AG player and use them as a carrier. Using him as a safety always feels like a bit of a waste, but twice when he's had the ball (usually as part of a desperate escape rather than any cunning plan) I've had to use wrestle and dropped it :\

Lesser Hivemind Node
    See I wouldn't use him as a deep safety, I'd be actively harassing the ballcarrier. Throw in Strip Ball and Leap, and you're posing a big threat to the ball.

Even if he never actually touches the carrier, the threat of the steal may disrupt your opponent's positioning decisively. Tactical fear generator.

Network Hub
    The Knuckle Heads (Ogr, X_kot) 0 - 1 Barebone Bareboners (Khe, Skydancer)

It was a brutal game that saw KOs and injuries handed out like candy. Skydancer used his Tomb Guardians very well, pinning down my ogres and giving his positionals plenty of room. The first half saw the 'Boners break the ogre squad down piecemeal before running the ball in on the second to last turn; the highlight of the drive came from a Thro-ra living (dying?) up to its name and completing a quick pass in coverage. The ref turned the clock back a turn after the TD, but the Knucklers couldn't convert and thus went into the second half trailing by one.

The field seemed to favor the ogres as they began their drive, but some inept positioning and the presence of the indomitable TGs foiled their run. A turnover at centerfield dashed any hopes for an equalizer, although a last-minute attempt by snotlings to emulate the far more graceful, far more vertical, and far more skilled elves nearly reversed the team's fortunes. Alas, it was not to be, and the game ended with a round of gobbo bashing, including a MNG to the only skilled snotling on the pitch.

See I wouldn't use him as a deep safety, I'd be actively harassing the ballcarrier. Throw in Strip Ball and Leap, and you're posing a big threat to the ball.

Even if he never actually touches the carrier, the threat of the steal may disrupt your opponent's positioning decisively. Tactical fear generator.
    With AV7 this is a good way to get him killed on a counter blitz. Generally it pays to avoid exposing ghouls to blocks as much as possible and let the zombies or wights take the hits.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have a quick question - my Chaos team is still showing zero games played, no SPPs and no injuries (yay!). Is that because an admin for the league needs to sign off on the result? Or has there been a Cyanide issue?

Thanks very much all

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    Div 8 gets underway with a 3-1 win for Beauty and the Beast (Woodies - BWAHAHA!) over Rock Paper Sneaky Git (Orcs - Woah, yay!).
    There, fixed it for you.

A hard fought game - first half Orc's dominated, maiming a wardancer and scoring and 8 turn TD. Second half Woodies got the ball and scored, stole the ball and scored and intercepted the ball and scored. Game can turn very quickly against Woodies.
    You totally forgot to mention the Pouring Rain during my second drive! And the snake-eyes that ruined that one hand-off to my Blitzer who was in direct proximity to a nice little cage. I had that touchdown, I HAD IT! The intercept should never have happened in the first place. Clearly, my thrower (Vinraith) aimed right. Why he threw left is a mystery to me. It was only a 5+ throw, I mean, come on.

Also, that Wardancer totally got what was coming to him. That will teach him to act all tough with his Blodge. -2MV in total, keep on limping.

thanks for the game Squirelfanatic, good game, felt very close.
    You're welcome. Although Welves were involved, I found the game to be quite enjoyable as well. Might have something to do with the broken Wardancer.
    Last edited by Squiz; 30-05-2012 at 07:53 AM.

I have a quick question - my Chaos team is still showing zero games played, no SPPs and no injuries (yay!). Is that because an admin for the league needs to sign off on the result? Or has there been a Cyanide issue?

Thanks very much all
    Yeah games are admin-validated so that when someone disconnects or desyncs it doesn't just automatically award points out. When an admin validates it, you'll get your points.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Also, that Wardancer totally got what was coming to him. That will teach him to act all tough with his Blodge. -2MV in total, keep on limping.
    I see my work bears fruit. Nice one!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Yeah games are admin-validated so that when someone disconnects or desyncs it doesn't just automatically award points out. When an admin validates it, you'll get your points.
    I don't have any points sadly (damn butterfingers beastmen)! Just was a bit worried that the game had been lost in the internet somewhere - thanks very much for clearing that up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    (Stupid double post)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I figured I'd get it out there
    http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...ules.pdf?t=129
    Its the rule book on the steam servers, wierd eh?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/