View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 265 of 415 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 8290
    Wrote this up in the wrong thread:

CH and I played our day 2 champs game yesterday and the score line ended tied at 2-2 after a lot of back and forth action between his mutant freak stat Pro Elves and my Necros.

The cas line was quite different though with 2-0-0 for his elves and 4-3-2 for my necros. The deaths were his blodge kicker lino and an accurate, safe throw, sure hands thrower. And as a bonus another unskilled lino picked up -1 str. Hooray for dead elves!

Unfortunately his freak catchers (8447, 8356, 8347, and 10-4-5-7 (!!)) escaped with only some BHs and KOs.

As you can imagine form the above CH did his freak elf thing leaping into cages (which I always manage to mess up the guard spread) and staying competitive with only half his team on the pitch. I did my best to hurt elves and keep him away from the ball. In the end we both scored 2, but CH almost stole the ball away at several points to make it 3-1 (or worse).

Jolima - it's up to you to kill off some of the freak catchers

Jiiiim - Again we play for the championship, and your team is still scary.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs Altdorf Army XI (Human, Alistair Hutton)

Claw won the toss and elected to kick, with the rain falling steadily all around (and in the game). Humans are more adept at scoring quickly than Necro but with a lot of tackle available the Army was an alarming prospect - better to thin their ranks a little first. A short kick was rewarded with a blitz result but some dim play didn't really take advantage of it other than getting a wolf next to where the ball would land, leaving the field largely clear for the Armies drive. Then Nuffle made his presence felt for the first, but by no means the last, time.

First the blitzer failed his GFI, eating a re-roll. Then he couldn't push the wolf away from the ball despite getting a two dice block, then finally the AG4 catcher flubbed the pickup and spilled the ball to a slightly clearer spot. A little careful blocking left it surrounded by the dead, allowing the Ag4 ghoul to sweep in and grab it (albeit with a reroll). Despite some bold efforts to break in, including a very ambitious blitz from the ogre with a dodge into three tackle zones, there was nothing the humans could do to stop the ghoul running it in on turn 3, 1-0 to Claw.

Recieving again the Army changed their setup a little, weighted towards the left. The kick went short about as far to the right as it was possible to go, gently bouncing next to the sidelines as it came to rest. A blitzer and catcher sprinted through down both edges, waiting for the pickup but unfortunately the thrower hadn't read the script - despite having sure hands he spilled the ball into the crowd, who promptly threw the ball onto the half way line between three zombies. The Necros quickly took advantage, caging up around the ball before the Ag 4 ghoul went for the pickup. This time he dropped it, but much to his own surprise the ball scattered onto a zombie who dropped it before bouncing back to him, and this time he caught it. He was even more surprised when the ogre burst through on a blitz, but fortunately he was only pushed back. Taking a risk the humans swamped the ghoul, drowning him in tackle zones but leaving themselves open to be blocked. A little careful pushing saw the ghoul able to break free but on his own, hotly pursued by a human catcher. The inevitable blitz only saw the ghoul pushed back, giving him the chance to dodge out through a couple of tackle zones on the following turn and sprint over the line, 2-0 to Claw on turn 6.

Kicking off again Claw once again got the ball next to the sidelines, and once again the thrower flubbed the pickup (although the scatter went onto the pitch rather than into the crowd). This time the wolf failed the GFI needed to get next to the ball, potentially freeing it up for a huge sprint from the MV9/Ag4/Sprint catcher-thing the humans had been sheltering. Nuffle still had other ideas though, as for a third time in quick succession the thrower flubbed the pickup, leaving it 2-0 at half time.

The second half kicked off with no injuries or KOs on either side, but at 2-0 up and receiving Claw were feeling confident. A high kick to the end zone was spilled by one ghoul, but luckily he dropped it into the crowd giving a touchback that went to the other. A fairly feeble half-cage was formed on the left of the pitch around the half way line that proved too tempting for the Army to resist, but it was ultimately to prove their final downfall. Swarming in from all sides the humans managed to get the ball spilled but couldn't knock down the rest of the cage, leaving a lot of blocks open for the following turn. Sure enough the pain was delivered, first with the ogre getting KO'd on a one dice block, then with three of the humans getting crowd surfed in short order.

Running out of players on the pitch the Armies options were dwindling rapidly, leading to a series of hero plays that never quite came off. A catcher was injured (the Apo helpfully offering to cure a pinched nerve by breaking the poor mans neck), then the star blitzer Wulf got crowd surfed and badly hurt. After that there simply wasn't enough left in the tank to stop Claw from taking a gentle jog into the end zone on turn 16. A brave attempt at a one turn touchdown came within a gnats of working, only for a failed GFI to bring the catcher down one square away from the end zone - 3-0 to Claw at full time.

The Army got severely Nuffled. While Claw's dice weren't spectacular outside blocking (which nearly always brought someone down, though armour wasn't broken very often), the Army were lucky if they were allowed to string two or three moves together without a turnover. The first half was unfair - especially with the ball - but the second was downright cruel. Thanks to Mr Hutton for being a joy to play against throughout, albeit with some moderate to heavy hexing (largely ineffective thankfully). Claw are now two for two, with the terrifying possibility of actually winning a division for the first time in their history well within their reach...

Players of Note: Fido the Werewolf - 30SPPs, every single one from touchdowns. Less a werewolf, more an overexcited puppy playing fetch.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's all very, very accurate lies!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    NieA7 has quite the active imagination there. Of course, there's too much detail to really be convincing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Hooray for dead elves!
    You can say that again.
    Hooray for dead elves!
    Because really, that's what Bloodbowl is all about, getting a legend in there prime, and stamping on their head until soup comes out.
    Hooray for dead elves!
    That's enough now.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 16-06-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'm hoping to take out last games frustrations on Preston's Elves this coming week. The only good elf is a dead elf reanimated and drafted into my roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    I'm hoping to take out last games frustrations on Preston's Elves this coming week. The only good elf is a dead elf reanimated and drafted into my roster.
    And then fouling his ex-teammates in the next drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Taxiderm immediately kill a Linerat, Fodder5b [...] Helio displays his inner cruelty by gangfouling a Rat with his freshly acquired Fodder5b Zombie.
    Okay, It was Skaven, but it felt just as good.

Looking at my next opponent I decided to "think globally and act locally" by getting skills that would help me in the next game, but were generally good.

In turn I got mighty blow on my Wight and Grab (hello chain blocks) on my mummy.

Another team of AV7 Elves, lovely.

Note: I brought up Fodder 5B as he broke his neck(-1 AG) 2 games ago, and I am trying to decide whether I can justify keeping him on the roster. He has no skills and only 2 SPP, would it be wrong to retire him and rehire a skeleton by the same name?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 17-06-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    NieA7 has quite the active imagination there. Of course, there's too much detail to really be convincing.
    Damnit, always that one fatal mistake :(

The only high point of the kerb stomp Chainsaw Hands administered to my team a few seasons back was killing a line elf with guard. Still got him as a zombie, he's only one SPP away from level 3. Damn MVP hog elf...

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Note: I brought up Fodder 5B as he broke his neck(-1 AG) 2 games ago, and I am trying to decide whether I can justify keeping him on the roster. He has no skills and only 2 SPP, would it be wrong to retire him and rehire a skeleton by the same name?
    It wouldn't be wrong, but in about 28 games I think I've only ever made one deliberate Ag roll with a zombie. It failed.
    Last edited by NieA7; 17-06-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    It wouldn't be wrong, but in about 28 games I think I've only ever made one deliberate Ag roll with a zombie. It failed.
    My zombies/skeletons have made a half dozen dodges in their existences (its 4+with no negs) and they have caught a few interceptions and bombs ^_^

Another frustrating and demoralising loss for the Comics. You'd think a match where I think 6, or maybe 7, Skaven were in the injury pit including one dead Linerat, would be a good match for the Khemri...

Rattatatz (Skaven - mrpier) vs. Dead Comics Society (Khemri - Me)

3 - 1

The first two drives were nothing more than anger-inducing at how inept the skeletons were at doing anything other than falling over and failing on the simplest of Blocks, putting the Skaven 1-0 up in a handful of turns. Despite a touchback giving a TG the ball, the Comics were unable to clear a path through the Skaven nor even withstand a Gutter Runner who Blitzed the ball away, and the Skaven soon managed to run in their second TD. Both teams were taking a battering on KOs and injuries, with a Tomb Guardian picking up Niggling + MNG (yay for Decay...) and a dead 0SPP Linerat plus a handful of BHs on the Skaven, and some KOs on both sides. The Comic's fouler-skeleton at least managed to KO someone before being sent-off, giving him a reprieve from latrine duty for another match.

The second half started better for the Comics, and a ridiculous number of KOs and BHs soon left them with nearly a 2-to-1 player advantage which finally overcame their incompetence and they clawed back a TD. Kicking off to the Skaven, who at this point could only summon 8 players, everything looked fine, except of course a crapass kick gives the Skaven a touchback placing the ball in the hands of a GR on the halfway line. Despite stunning the GR and getting no less than 4 players to the ball the Comics were utterly unable to recover the ball nor prevent a GR from walking in, snatching the ball, and walking out to a simple TD.

The final drive fizzled out quickly with the Comics unable to move the ball more than one square.

Ugh. I've never had a more demoralising first-half in any Bloodbowl match, with a star TG going down to a Linerat and taking a niggle, and in a bizzare situation the Skaven seemed more able to Block than the Khemri. Of course since I'm a retard I allowed a Blitz-Ra to get surfed by that bloody Rat Ogre twice. The Skaven proved as resilient as they normally are, i.e. not-at-all, and took a lot of hard hits, but usually on Linerats and not on the important positionals. Mrpier had his fair share of poor luck; with some easy dodges failing, and a suitably karmic moment when a re-roll on an important Block brought up double-skulls, just after I'd failed with 3 2D Blocks to knock over a Gutter Runner.

With a team that can move faster than a one-legged sloth and has some actual ability to move the ball a draw could have been on the cards; but once again the Khemri proved how bloody hard it is to deal with a loose ball, making the third TD almost inevitable. I'm trying to think how I could have done any better but without Tackle or Grab I just could not clear a solitary GR from the ball to enable me to collect it. Perhaps I could have risked a 5+ pickup followed by a Dodge, but I know how pickups go with Khemri and I thought 3 2D blocks would at least given me one Pow. Should have learned I can't roll Pows for toffee when it's important ><

Despite a ludicrous 12/14 SPPs for injuries I think only a single player levelled who was only 1 SPP from levelling anyway. I'm fairly sure I've still got 3 skeletons sitting on 5 SPPs, and I think my second Blitz-Ra is going on for the World Record in the number of matches played without getting a single SPP.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Deesnos high elves, it was a pretty close game with both teams threatening the others scoring chances. But luck was with my skaven and they won 2-1.

As Gorm said, a tight game between my High Elves and his Skaven where some bad dice at crucial moments prevented me from getting a result. My 5th 2-1 loss from 11 games, it's becoming quite the bad habit with this team >:(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I skaven'd my skaven til skaven.

Obscure Node
    I've tried contacting Rhylok for our Div H match, but no luck yet...

Could a kind admin roll on day 3 for Div C, if they have not done so already? Hoping to get my game in early this week.

I've checked my diary and all i've got space for is Elfball. I hope that will be a satisfactory alternative.

Looking at The Brain's regular elves (no AG5 leap monstrosities here) I really need to think carefully about my formations. Last game I played with a "Maw" formation (essentially a large semi-circle I tested out against 2lab without conclusive results when receiving but my kicking formation is much less certain. With MV4 zombies simply getting walked by is a clear and present danger.
    I also need to figure out how I feel about fouling them so hard he rage quits.
    It's tough being Undead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok! Pretty much everyone on day 3, couple of defaults, but not too bad, all told - get going with your third and final matches everyone, you have... 8 days (because i am slow at validating - too many players!)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

WEHEHEHEHE, S4 on a Wight. Lovely stuff. I'm entirely sure he'll be punched into the ground at the soonest opportunity, but till then I intend to enjoy the S4. The Blodge werewolf got side-step and I gave a Zombie block as well. All in all a rather successful roll-on.

Network Hub
    The replacement for the st3 ulfwerener turned out to be a st5 ulf. Not bad.