View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

    12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

    9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

    20 48.78%
Page 285 of 415 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 8290
  1. #5681
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Squiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    4,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Yay! 4th promotion in a row! :D
    I wish I were this lucky with my opponents' other plays. Won two games this season 2-0 but unfortunately I had Prester's pesky plant plowers in my Division and he ran away with the score.

    This means yet another round of new-team-bashing for my Orcs. If I see it correctly, I'll still be in the bottom level of Divisions next season, due to the new system. Let's hope that the new guys don't forget to bring their armor.
    Forum janitor in training.

  2. #5682
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I wish I were this lucky with my opponents' other plays. Won two games this season 2-0 but unfortunately I had Prester's pesky plant plowers in my Division and he ran away with the score.

    This means yet another round of new-team-bashing for my Orcs. If I see it correctly, I'll still be in the bottom level of Divisions next season, due to the new system. Let's hope that the new guys don't forget to bring their armor.
    See you there! Note that I'll likely be coming from the top.

  3. #5683
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Yay! 4th promotion in a row! :D
    Grats!
    I think given the choice I'd rather have three 'man-runners' in a skaven team, and get promoted next time. Especially if you can then get a double, put horns on one, and turn him into an unholy 9-movement beastman with the agility of an elf.

  4. #5684
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,243
    Seriously surprised by that result, ntw. Well done.

    Well done to Kajo.
    Last edited by Screwie; 28-06-2012 at 10:17 AM.

  5. #5685
    Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    *snip*

    Also - I think 0-0 for Rhylok's game might be the right decision, if they both made an effort to play (it sounds like Rhylok was available, but steam prevented the game getting started?)
    Rhylok was available, then I had technical issues where Steam just refused to let me log in, we agreed to reschedule (the Steam fail was early last week), and then he was unavailable on the rescheduled day. I leave it in the hands of the admins, whichever you think is best.

  6. #5686
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Wasn't really expecting a throwaway comment about fouling to have sparked quite this much of a discussion.
    It happens every time.

    Every. Time.

  7. #5687
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43
    Two things:

    1) I'm on holiday at the moment, and will be back on the 9th. As long as that makes me ok for the actual playing of games I'll give Dog Pants my bble password and such and he has agreed to get me all applied and everything.

    2) I'm retiring the ogres. My last game felt like Nuffle was making more decisions about my game than I was. The big fellas spent most of the game picking their noses, and the little guys did what snotlings do best: fall over. As of next season I plan to pilot some dwarves called Urist to glory!

  8. #5688
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    In truth they have better survival rates on the ground, but that is another topic altogether.... stupid foul nerf. Wrestle witches win games. There is a section of BB coaches who rather forget that you get skills on players to make your team more effective. So often you see coaches get great rolls, put together a superstar, and then spend all their time trying to protect the player. Let her win games, let her burn bright and accept the downside that produces balance. It only takes one game to level a new one :)
    These words should be carved in giant flaming letters on the metaphorical entrance to the DoD.

  9. #5689
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    It happens every time.

    Every. Time.
    I was thinking to get Sneaky Git to some of my Halflings. Do you guys think it's a good idea?

    /me fetches the popcorn.

  10. #5690
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    It happens every time.

    Every. Time.
    Say guys.... how about them Minotaurs, huh?

    *ducks*

  11. #5691
    Also, what's the best team?

  12. #5692
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Say guys.... how about them Minotaurs, huh?

    *ducks*
    So i was thinking of giving my minotaur tentacles...

  13. #5693
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Wrestle witches win games. There is a section of BB coaches who rather forget that you get skills on players to make your team more effective. So often you see coaches get great rolls, put together a superstar, and then spend all their time trying to protect the player. Let her win games, let her burn bright and accept the downside that produces balance. It only takes one game to level a new one :)
    One game if you're lucky. Witch elves seem cursed by their own reputation. Mine is 4-5 games old and only has 3 SPP, because she is never in the right place at the right time. Usually because the opposing team are trying very hard to make sure she doesn't go anywhere.

    My plan for my witch elf (and maybe the second one, if I ever buy her) is a winger and crowdsurfing monster, for which I think Block is more useful for than Wrestle. Jump Up has synergy with many awesome skills but I would rather she stay standing (with Side Step and Tackle eventually) than be pushed to the ground on the first block she takes, leaving an opening on the flank for the ball or a gang foul.

    I overstated my opposition to Wrestle witch elves earlier and I take that back. I have used them in the past and may do again, but right now I've no plans for it in my current team.

  14. #5694
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,615
    I can't remember who it was who told me to sack my minotaur (so I am going to randomly say it was Laneford) but initially I pooh-poohed the suggestion. "They're only good between about 6 and 18 games into the team's career"? "they're a TV bloat and a turnover generator"? Nonsense! Sack a high-movement blitzing casualty machine whose big guy drawback just makes you want to blitz with him more? Crazy talk!
    Then I discovered that a minotaur is a TV-bloating turnover generator who will let you down at the worst moments, waste your blitzes with wild animal, and loner the reroll. There was one memorable match in particular where the mino was directly responsible for three TDs for the opponents. So I sacked it.

  15. #5695
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I can't remember who it was who told me to sack my minotaur (so I am going to randomly say it was Laneford) but initially I pooh-poohed the suggestion. "They're only good between about 6 and 18 games into the team's career"? "they're a TV bloat and a turnover generator"? Nonsense! Sack a high-movement blitzing casualty machine whose big guy drawback just makes you want to blitz with him more? Crazy talk!
    Then I discovered that a minotaur is a TV-bloating turnover generator who will let you down at the worst moments, waste your blitzes with wild animal, and loner the reroll. There was one memorable match in particular where the mino was directly responsible for three TDs for the opponents. So I sacked it.
    Nooooo, that was my awesome skill an ability and not the fact that your Mino failed three Wild Animal rolls on the blitz in a row followed by falling over on a GFI on a single drive.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 28-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.

  16. #5696
    Lesser Hivemind Node 20phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I can't remember who it was who told me to sack my minotaur (so I am going to randomly say it was Laneford) but initially I pooh-poohed the suggestion. "They're only good between about 6 and 18 games into the team's career"? "they're a TV bloat and a turnover generator"? Nonsense! Sack a high-movement blitzing casualty machine whose big guy drawback just makes you want to blitz with him more? Crazy talk!
    Then I discovered that a minotaur is a TV-bloating turnover generator who will let you down at the worst moments, waste your blitzes with wild animal, and loner the reroll. There was one memorable match in particular where the mino was directly responsible for three TDs for the opponents. So I sacked it.
    You say that but you know where my hard earned cash is going in a few games time? A rat ogre. Embrace the madness. And secure your computer to the floor so it doesnt end up flying out the window.

  17. #5697
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    518
    Yea i'm going to pick up a rat ogre when my drain from buying new linerats allows me to.

  18. #5698
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    I was thinking to get Sneaky Git to some of my Halflings. Do you guys think it's a good idea?

    /me fetches the popcorn.
    Just remember they will be targeted mercilessly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Say guys.... how about them Minotaurs, huh?
    I can take them or leave them TBH, wild animal is probably one of the least distressing negas but, its still... Oh, you 2 were trying to incite an arguement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    Also, what's the best team?
    Halfling are probably the best team if you are 600TV down... and *oh boy* are they often 600 tv town.

    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    So i was thinking of giving my minotaur tentacles...
    You guys dont get how to do this at all do you?
    Tentacles is perfectly legitimate on a mino, double it up with shadowing and then you are talking genuine bastardry.

    Also for some high grade bastardry I suggest a bombardier with Hail Mary Pass(its a double but its the only skill he needs to be exceptional), I was testing it out in single player, you use it like you would do any mortar, you choose a general area clear of friendlies and drop death into it, you might miss 3 times out of 4, but its very safe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    when my drain from buying new linerats allows me to.
    Haha, you made a funny (see, this is bastardry secret text finding person)
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 28-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  19. #5699
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,212
    Iwasmakingathrowawaycommentthatledtoalongdiscussio ninthisthreadprevi... ah forget it

  20. #5700
    Lesser Hivemind Node ntw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Seriously surprised by that result, ntw. Well done.

    Well done to Kajo.
    You and me both matey, I can assure you of that...

    And yeah - Gtz to Kajo.

    Also - I *did* "invest" in a RatOgre 2 matches ago, in his first game he was a complete waste of space but last night he played like a hero.
    Last edited by ntw; 28-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •