View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 314 of 415 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 8290
    I asked somanyrobots to hit me up on steam chat when he can on our Div F group, I am online 24h and he still didn't send anything :(
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    I am online 24h and he still didn't send anything :(
    GO TO BED

All things should be done in moderation, except fouling which should be done obsessively or not at all.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node

Div F: Lucky Lycanthropes (Nec) vs. Barebone Bareboners (Khe)

Skydancer and I met up for our game this morning. (Apologies for the delay, Skydancer; my girlfriend's birthday party was yesterday, and the time-zone difference means my BB windows are small).

The Khemri won the toss. The kick bounced over the sideline, giving them an excellent setup (starting the ball on their ST4 Thro-Ra). The match immmediately devolved into a slugfest in center field; the Khemri cage effectively pinned down by the necros' flesh golems, but the necros finding severe difficulty punching their way in. One necro zombie went down with a MNG; both flesh golems suffered stuns. The cage made inching progress downfield, but it was not enough. The Bareboners still hadn't managed to crack the line of scrimmage by turn 7; with the fastest player at MV6, that wasn't enough. The Lycanthropes held the line, and the first half ended scoreless.

The necros received to start the second half, with a werewolf catching the ball on a Quick Snap. They attempted to move the ball up the side, but rapidly ran into a wall of tomb guardians. My defensive line got shredded, the ball knocked loose, and then chaos. The Khemri managed to get the ball, sending a thro-ra bolting for the end zone. With most of the necros on the ground, and all of them out of position, it was dicey. But a ST4 wight (using a RR) dodged away, knocked the man down, and recovered the ball. At this point, the half just fell apart. A KO'd zombie, a crowd-pushed wight, then a ghoul disastrously failing a dodge and getting a MNG. By turn 14, the necros were down to 7 players, struggling just to keep the ball away from the Khemri and out of TD range. I managed to get a WW running the ball around in desperation; but Skydancer's wizard put an end to that, KO'ing him with a lightning bolt. BUT. I had exhausted all of Skydancer's rerolls by this point, and still had three myself. With the ball down next to both my flesh golems, they kept it safe while a ghoul made a series of dodges (combined with surviving a block that should've ended him) to the ball. One werewolf was downfield to receive; marked up by a thro-ra, but otherwise free. The ghoul dodged free, got the ball, ran in range, made two GFIs, made the hand-off (which took a RR on the catch), at which point the WW dodged free and ran for the endzone. Turn 15, 1-0 Lycanthropes. The last two turns were pointless punching. Except for the werewolf who died dodging from a Tomb Guardian. Poor Skokurg, you will be missed.

An EXCELLENT match, the most nailbiting I've had. Full of drama, desperate moments, and solid play. Very pleased to have eked out the win, given how badly my poor necros were abused. But a ton of fun, and Skydancer was a delightful opponent. Best of luck to Prester John, enjoy those Tomb Guardians. And wink5000, you owe Skydancer some thanks for the mauling he gave my team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Chaps, just a friendly reminder that day 2 ends on monday night. I'll be defaulting those who don't get their excuses in ;-)
    I am scheduled to play Mr Dragon Monday night all being well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    GO TO BED

All things should be done in moderation, except fouling which should be done obsessively or not at all.

My phone is online 24/7 on fb/msn/gtalk/astra/steam. I do have quite a lot of sleep, thank you!

Thanks to somanywobots for the match and the report. I really hoped I could at least force a 0-0!!
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    My phone is online 24/7 on fb/msn/gtalk/astra/steam. I do have quite a lot of sleep, thank you!
    I was joking, but yeah :)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I think Xenny and DW Zippy are going to need an extension on their Div J (?) match.

Quote Originally Posted by somanyrobots View Post
    The ghoul dodged free, got the ball, ran in range, made two GFIs, made the hand-off (which took a RR on the catch), at which point the WW dodged free and ran for the endzone. Turn 15, 1-0 Lycanthropes.
    Sounds like a great match! Just off the top of my head though (not run the numbers and don't know the AG of a ghoul), wouldn't it have been safer to do a quick pass than two GFIs?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Ghouls are AG3, so that's a 3+ pass (1/3 or 12/36 chance of failure) vs two GFIs at 1/6 chance of failure each is an 11/36 chance of failure, so the GFIs are slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Ghouls are AG3, so that's a 3+ pass (1/3 or 12/36 chance of failure) vs two GFIs at 1/6 chance of failure each is an 11/36 chance of failure, so the GFIs are slightly better.
    Interesting... and with a TRR, I guess the GFIs would still have been preferable. It's always so tempting just to assume that one roll is better than two, even though that's often not the case!

Yeah, I couldn't quite bring myself to work out the odds for the GFIs with a TRR, but my sources tell me it's 92.593% for the GFIs vs 88.889% for the pass, so still better.

Although if you've got AG4 / accurate / some other +1 bonus to your pass roll it would be better to do the quick pass rather than take the GFIs, as it'd be a 2+ pass roll vs 2 2+ GFIs, which I'll need to remember for my elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I think Xenny and DW Zippy are going to need an extension on their Div J (?) match.
    Yeah, it's J.

As a member of J I support this extention.

Any admins around? Grinn and I were attempting to play our game and we got cyanided around turn 6.

Today is the only day we can manage (within the next 2 hours or so), otherwise we'll have to take a default.

I felt pretty good about my position (3 KOs, 1 injury, 1 surf off field, and ghoul clear to stall/score with no negatives in return), but it was early in the game. I'll leave it up to Grinn/admins in case this needs to be defaulted.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Save us oh gracious ones... save us

Ok I need to get back to work. It looks like Thursday is a "maybe" for both Grinn and I to play, if we can get an extension till then. I'll probably know Wednesday night if I can play or if not.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Would be great to aim for thursday. A default would seem fairer as a draw. I kicked to potato so had a good chance to get my KOd back and a whole half to get the draw even if he stalled till his turn 8.

Match reset.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    OK, wait, never mind, we have a plan - but it will require an admin to move the Champs division on sometime between 18.30 on Friday, when Grinn and Potatoe's game ends, and 0900 on Friday, when my and Grinn's game starts.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Hold on, this is a major problem for me. I am away from Friday morning right through until Sunday evening a week later - I was planning to get my Champs game in on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

If we can get an extension to the 5th to account for this extension, and Grinn can play that evening, then I am OK with you stealing the only three days I could play this round due to your inability to schedule a match before the very last minute, grumble mutter shaky fisty.
    We did schedule the match! We got disconnected. Cross Atlantic matches are kinda tricky to schedule.
    I m moving country on the 5th.

On the other hand if potato can get a game in Thursday the time we played today I could play at night against Prez.

Ok we re playing fridayt morning. all sorted.