View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 315 of 415 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 8290
    DIV F

Me and Wink5000 have been unable to play due to the schedule mixup and me being away this weekend. We can play on Wednesday so we'd like to respectfully grovel, sacrifice small mammals and engage in lustful orgies in order to obtain an extension until Wednesday. Please.

Activated Node
    Prester John and I (Div F) agreed to play our match on Wednesday if its possible to get an extension for it.

Edit. PJ already promised all the things we will sacrifice to get it :)
    Last edited by wink5000; 23-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Network Hub
    I was enjoying a nice game with Mr Alistair when CYANIDE.

I've been offered a league win on the proviso that we set the in game score to 1-1 which I've accepted and Ntw's done.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And it's a shame because the first half was rocking, an absolute riot of Blood Bowl, really enlivened by a Quadruple Skull by Jarvis. And then I got a pure Elf Ball equaliser. And then Jarvis was surprised by the speed of my Man, who fell over.

And then Jarvis was about to score a second when my game crashed.

Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 0 - 2 Agathis Avengers (WELF, AgP)

The teams took to the field today in a rematch of a Div F game from several seasons back. The Khemri won that day, but a lot of time has passed. Both teams have suffered injuries and gained in experience. Anupshi Rises wins the toss and decides to receive, deciding it better to control the ball for as long as possible. Control not being the greatest Khemri strength, the rookie Thro-Ra immediately fumbles on pickup and allows the Wood Elves to stream through the line like Bugman's ale through a skeleton's ribcage. By the time the ball is taken of by the offence, they are defending in their own half and the temporary ball carrier is brought down by the opposition Wardancer. With the ratio of Khemri to Elves around 1:1 there could be only one result, and Agathis Avengers sweep the ball from under the long decayed noses of the disarrayed back line to score mere minutes into the game.
    As the game restarts the Khemri have better luck, caging up quickly, while Nuffle's attention fully focusses on the Wood Elves. A mis-timed blow by the Tree Man leaves him injuring himself on the hardest part of the Skeleton scrimmage sandwich filler - his head. With the line now left wide open by the loss of the Big Guy, the offence exploit the gap and pile up the centre. Elves rush to fill the breach in Henry V style, with their dead, as another skeleton kills their mercenary lineman. As the Khemri approach the Avenger's touchline and the clock approaches half time a defender manages to crack the cage and knock the ball loose. After a little squabble the Elves take control and shuttle the ball back down field with the velocity and style Wood Elves are famous for. The ball carrier catches and turns in what looks almost certain to be a second touchdown, only to be smashed into the ground by a flying Tomb Guardian. As the whistle blows the coaches untangle the dazed players.

The Avengers line up two men down for the second half and make an early blitz into the left and centre field. This is rewarded with a studiously prepared chain block which leaves their only Wardancer buried in the crowd. Nevertheless, the Wood Elves perform a perfect demonstration of Elf-ball, with a pass and run play starting from where the ball landed at kick off and ending just behind the Anupshi goal line for a very quick second half touchdown.
    Despite the likelihood of a Khemri team scoring twice in the remaining time, Anupshi Rises pile down their left sideline in an attempt to claw back a score of their own. They rumble down the edge of the pitch like a steamroller and by the time the Elven defences break its momentum the carrying Thro-Ra is within breaking distance of the line, and break he does. As he approaches, and with any nearby defenders marked, a touchdown is looking possible. Until a lightning bolt streaks out of the crowd and sends him sprawling onto the line sans ball. A loose ball is, as always, the domain of the Elves, and a lineman picks it up for a long pass to a goal-hanging colleague. However, the unlikely dramatics of the half aren't over yet despite the ref raising his whistle. Not to be outdone by a wizard, a fighting Tomb Guardian plucks the ball from the air in yet another outrageous TG interception. Feeling elf-like after his achievement, the ancient corpse reels back and launches the ball right back again. Alas, and inevitably, the ball misses its mark, but heartened by the ball actually getting airborne the Tomb Guardian leaves the pitch at full time with visions of of a past career where he too might have played for an elven team. Even mummified killers can dream.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Sounds like a great match! Just off the top of my head though (not run the numbers and don't know the AG of a ghoul), wouldn't it have been safer to do a quick pass than two GFIs?
    I didn't actually stop to compute the probabilities, just went with my gut. The other complicating factor was that the werewolf I was handing off to was marked up (by a blitz-ra, I think, or maybe a thro-ra), and I didn't want to give Skydancer the chance to intercept. I generally tend to be kind of aggressive about GFIs and pretty conservative about passing, since my team doesn't have any Pass or Catch anywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Myself and dragon played out a rain soaked, somewhat undeserved 1-0 win for my Nurgles, who had the chastening experience of being beaten up for the first time in a fair while, but still managed to squeak through in the end, to end the 2nd week in div 1.

If an admin could validate and move the league on that'd be great as I'm away for a week, on Friday. Cheers!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Deekyfun's High Elves in a game that came right down to turn 16. Both teams had some great luck and some terrible luck during the course of the game and it was good fun. But sadly the Elves managed to best my Skaven in the race to score and won 3-2.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Not to be outdone by a wizard, a fighting Tomb Guardian plucks the ball from the air in yet another outrageous TG interception. Feeling elf-like after his achievement, the ancient corpse reels back and launches the ball right back again. Alas, and inevitably, the ball misses its mark, but heartened by the ball actually getting airborne the Tomb Guardian leaves the pitch at full time with visions of of a past career where he too might have played for an elven team. Even mummified killers can dream.
    Such a touching moment...truly, 'tis a noble sport.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X_kot View Post
    Such a touching moment...truly, 'tis a noble sport.
    to be fair, as long as its only a medium throw anything can reliably "inaccurate pass" a medium throw on a 2+, sitting a cage at the target destination isn't so unreasonable. ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Me and ntw can't seem to catch each other on steam... and i won't be able to play in these days :/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    to be fair, as long as its only a medium throw anything can reliably "inaccurate pass" a medium throw on a 2+, sitting a cage at the target destination isn't so unreasonable. ^_^
    For shame, you made poor No-Kheks cry. He was so proud of his achievement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    For shame, you made poor No-Kheks cry. He was so proud of his achievement.
    Sorry, but tell him to get some pants on eh?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry - just to clarify - am I able to arrange a game for this evening? Have divisions been moved on as yet?

If so - DWStalker - up for a game tonight? The wife is going out...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I moved what I could on last night, but there were a lot of games outstanding, so I left the other divisions on day 2. I'm out tonight, so may have to appeal to one of the other admins if your division needs to be moved on (Admins, check the groups and in here to figure out any defaults, as usual). I WILL be defaulting games that haven't asked for an extension in here tomorrow night, you have been warned!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks GC - Since I think Div J was waiting for DWS and Xenny to play, I guess that means I'll wait until tomorrow.

I think the game just updated on steam but of course there are no notes >_>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    "Patch Notes - We buggered around with the code again. It won't work for a bit."

Network Hub
    Rhyming will be forthcoming tomorrow, but in the interests of letting the admins move Div G forward, Cacamas and I just played our game to a very close 1-1 draw.

The Top Brass 1 - 1 Da Blu Moonz

Bulletpoint summary:

* Very tight, fun game.
    * Stats reflect this, nothing much to choose between the two sides.

* Elves score in the fourth turn with standard elfy play
    * Much defending ensues and elves hold orcs scoreless for rest of half.
    * Highlight: black orc has 2d block against lone thrower, which would open the defence wide open. Thrower gives him the smack down, KO-ing in the process.

* 2nd half much the same as the first, Orcs grind, elves defend manfully, nearly nicking the ball at one point.
    * When Bugz Strike! 2nd-last turn, thrower attempts hand-off to guy in TD zone for the equaliser, fails but picks up scattering ball. Is there a turnover? Hells no! Sportingly, Dentharial ends the turn there and then.
    * Lowlight: my attempt at a 2d block on exposed thrower fails miserably and he slips away for the equaliser on the final turn