View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 316 of 415 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    fails but picks up scattering ball. Is there a turnover? Hells no! Sporting, and Dentharial ends the turn there and then.
    Is this a bug? I don't get it. It's not like catching a scatter pass then?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I've had that happen too in single player. If you didn't lose the ball then I don't think it's a turn over. I guess it depends if you roll for the scatter before ending the turn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    If you don't lose the ball it's not a turnover, and that includes bouncing a pass into your own hands.

A hand-off is by, definition, a catch as the fact that catch rerolls work for them testifies. Any catch that scatters into friendly hands doesn't turnover. So the lack of turnover is legit

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    A hand-off is by, definition, a catch as the fact that catch rerolls work for them testifies. Any catch that scatters into friendly hands doesn't turnover. So the lack of turnover is legit
    Oh, that's right. I think I've played that bit wrong in my matches. A similar situation where a turnover IS caused, however, is when a pass is fumbled but then caught by a member of your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Oh, that's right. I think I've played that bit wrong in my matches. A similar situation where a turnover IS caused, however, is when a pass is fumbled but then caught by a member of your own team.
    I think if a ball and chain "fails" to catch the ball, and it goes on to be caught that is still a turnover?

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about when a ball and chain moves into the ball, not when they knock it free and it lands on them.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 24-07-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I think if a ball and chain "fails" to catch the ball, and it goes on to be caught that is still a turnover?

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about when a ball and chain moves into the ball, not when they knock it free and it lands on them.
    Yes, the skill description is pretty clear on that. Also, a failed pick up causes a turnover every time, even if it's caught.

No Hands

The player is unable to pick up, intercept or carry the ball and will fail any catch roll automatically, either because he literally has no hands or because his hands are full. If he attempts to pick up the ball then it will bounce, and will causes a turnover if it is his team’s turn

I can confirm that the ball and chain moving into the ball causes a turnover regardless of where it ends up

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I can confirm that the ball and chain moving into the ball causes a turnover regardless of where it ends up
    I'm not usually one to complain about the rules, but it seems unfair to me. It's not like you're actually trying to pick up the ball. Granted, you can "abuse" that ability to knock the ball out of a contentious area, but what's wrong with that? It's not like ball-popping is a particularly fail safe manoeuvre in the first place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar

If a pass is made to a No Hands player I'm pretty sure its just like passing to an empty square - like any player missing their TZ (ie. HypoGazed or Boneheaded) - no catch roll is even made. It will only cause a turnover if an allied player doesn't grab it on the bounce/diving catch.

A No Hands player attempting a pick-up though is just like any failed pick-up - it causes a Turnover no matter who ends up holding the ball.

This latter bit is easily avoided with a Deathroller but that's the Ball and Chain players aren't so lucky. It sucks but you just have to avoid the loose ball like you avoid your own trolls.

If you want to push the ball around you'll have to do it by winning a block, just like any other player. That's the key difference - using the block dice and the chance of failure that involves. The Fanatic at least can quite securely push his own Stunty team mates around if you want to "abuse" ball pushing (never EVER give your Fanatic Tackle).
    Last edited by Screwie; 25-07-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I moved what I could on last night, but there were a lot of games outstanding, so I left the other divisions on day 2. I'm out tonight, so may have to appeal to one of the other admins if your division needs to be moved on (Admins, check the groups and in here to figure out any defaults, as usual). I WILL be defaulting games that haven't asked for an extension in here tomorrow night, you have been warned!
    So the champs didn't get the extension till Thursday for my game against potatodonut?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    (never EVER give your Fanatic Tackle).
    You should be able to choose whether you use tackle or not. Cyanide might have a say in that, though.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 25-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    While technically true, I am prone to forget. :P I don't remember my (Stunty league) Fanatic has Block most of the time!

Cyanide doesn't let you set Tackle as one of the ask me skills in the main configuration, I don't know if the in game skills thingum would but I doubt it. Makes frenzy crowd surfing difficult :\

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    While technically true, I am prone to forget. :P I don't remember my (Stunty league) Fanatic has Block most of the time!
    Sure feet ftw :P

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Cyanide doesn't let you set Tackle as one of the ask me skills in the main configuration, I don't know if the in game skills thingum would but I doubt it. Makes frenzy crowd surfing difficult :\
    I'm sure i've read somewhere that you can turn it off as part of a move by clicking on the players skills in the bottom right and deactivating it. Never tried it and this is 2nd or 3rd hand info though.

Obscure Node
    Hi all.

Fresh blood here.
    Just got the game from the dreadful steam summer sale. Been playing a bit against AI and now I want to start stomping some anonymous human skulls.

So... Is there room for me to join in?

Also, if you'd like the stomping to be a little less anonymous, I'll be at the RPS social on Saturday as usual. ;)
    (look for the portuguese guy with the unpronounceable name)

Cheers.

Hello Dissident, I see you've already added yourself to the spreadsheet. The new season will be starting in about ten days or so - I'd try and make sure you have the right ports opened and have a challenge league game with somebody to make sure it's all working.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Hey dissident, you can hit me up on steam if you want to play a game in the challenge league. Same name as here. I can offer either Chaos or WElf as opponents.

I noticed you choose Skaven for the DoD which would be overfilled by two slots in the next season. So you (and INinja) have to pick another race, unless two currently running Skaven teams retire. See the "Race Balance" Sheet on the DoD table for open races.

Has anyone figured out what the patch changed yet? Hopefully a reduction in disconnects.