View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 319 of 415 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 8290
    Network Hub
    @Dog Pants, I do so enjoy the little notes about the coach's relationship with the Pharaowners. At least you avoided the Hom-Dai this season!

Thanks! I'd always assumed nobody ever read past the scoreline :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Thanks! I'd always assumed nobody ever read past the scoreline :)
    I eagerly read well written match reports, whole hog. Its half the pleasure of playing is the greater context, if all that mattered was the score I would have long since given up playing.

edit btw: My fouling session/match Vs Xenny has been delayed by a mysterious technical issue on xenny's behalf, I suspect nuffle is -ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 29-07-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I eagerly read well written match reports, whole hog. Its half the pleasure of playing is the greater context, if all that mattered was the score I would have long since given up playing.

edit btw: My fouling session/match Vs Xenny has been delayed by a mysterious technical issue on xenny's behalf, I suspect nuffle is -ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
    I always enjoy reading the match reports; we have some great writers here and it's always interesting and amusing to hear how everyone's teams are evolving.

Also, we think we identified Xenny's problem, and don't think it's really fixable, alas. This means she'll have to play when she's next at mine, as she susally does, and might, therefore, require a small exception.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

Blood is red
    Dentharial is blue
    Want to play?
    WE CYANIDE YOU!!

Activated Node

Div F: Death Vengeance of Doom (Liz) vs. Lucky Lycanthropes (Nec)

Was really not looking forward to this match; lots of blocks expected, and my team already pretty torn up (with one missing positional and one freshly-replaced) from the last game against Skydancer's Khemri. But it must be played! And my dread really was unwarranted, as (I think) I'd already won the div. But maaaan I hate playing against Lizards.

My Lycanthropes won the toss and opted to receive. They handily picked up the ball and put it in a left-side cage, while awaiting the inevitable bashing that comes from a pack of Saurus. And the bashing did come, with a zombie KO'd in the first turn. Follow that up with my star werewolf KO'd in turn 3 (and my other star WW killed last game, replaced with a green recruit). The lizards were keeping my team completely contained, just wrapping them up in ST4 players, and I was getting no access to those soft, pulpy skinks. It was all I could do to stay in place. Still, a little improvement late in the half; two KO'd skinks, and then a smashed hand on wink's Kroxigor (tragically apo'd to BH). Then a foolish mistake by me, and good luck for wink (a pick-up and two GFIs) gave him a turn 8 touchdown. ARGH. 1-0.

The second half started off with only one of the match's four KO's recovering (my zombie). The kick went deep, with the pick-up failing on the first turn, giving me time to get a werewolf into the lizard backfield. They eventually got a skink on it, and drove down the side of the field; I got a ghoul marking the ball carrier, and all the enemy Saurus tied down; wink opened up a dodge route for the ball carrier to get away, but he failed his second dodge and went down. Of course, I promptly tried to pick up the ball, failed, and gave up my turn. Then my star ghoul by the ball lightning-bolted, wink recovered the ball, and off he was for the endzone again like nothing ever happened. Two GFIs got me a flesh golem to mark him, but wink blitzed him down and ran one in. 2-0. I kicked off again in turn 15, but just farmed for SPPs with a pass completion and some blocking.

Death Vengeance of Doom 2 - 0 Lucky Lycanthropes

Well done wink5000! A very well-played match, and an excellent reminder of why I HATE LIZARDS. But no lasting injuries, and I did get some SPP for my new werewolf thanks to some second-half skink-hitting. Good fun all around, and a very pleasant match.

Activated Node
    Thanks robots! Difficult match for me without too much Block skill. Luckily Nuffle was merciful enough this time.

DIV F
    Beauty and the Beast vs Barebone Bareboners

The match started with a prayer to Nuffle from the Bareboners. Nuffle listened and granted them luck. Unfortunately for the Bareboners Coach the team forgot to specify what kind of luck they wanted, and thustly, and rightly, bad luck rained down upon the Bareboners, exemplified perhaps by the block, block, attacker down roll , rereolled to exactly the same dice. For most of the game the Bareboners were outbashed by the Wood Elves and were men down. Still they played gamely and took their luck manfully.

BotB kicked off and stole the ball scoring. BB recieved again but couldn't run it home. Half ends
    BotB recieve and score in two turns. BB recieve and drive down to score in the last turn.

Final Result 2-1 to Beauty and the Beast

Thanks for the game Skydancer, good humoured and fun game. Salute.

Hail. May we cross paths again.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Network Hub
    I think I may need to miss the next season. I'm going to be away from the 3rd to the 10th, which will likely prevent me from doing the first match. Would it be possible to hold a spot for me in the season after?

I reckon you'll be able to fit it in to be honest, the rounds are ten days long and I'm sure an extension could be arranged.

Network Hub
    I'd hate to be the ONE GUY holding everything up, but maybe I can swing it if next season doesn't start until the 4th or something.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Season doesn't end until the 2nd so I doubt Groovy will even have the new divisions declared by the 4th. No chance of the season being underway by then at all. Indeed your concern should be getting your application in while you are away. Pres traditionally does this for people although it would be just as easy to use placeholder teams and save people having to swap passwords around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Speaking of, Mr Hutton and myself need an extension until Friday the 3rd if that's ok.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Has anyone seen Darkwingstalker/DWZippy recently?

He hasn't replied to any of my messages or posts on the organising thread, and I'm about to be descended on by family who are staying at my house during the Olympics. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow then I won't be able to play the last game.

Gather round little children, and have ye a think, how on God's green earth do you stop a skink?

Everything was going right for donut, you see, I'd controlled the match for five turns, whittling him down, having a saurus near the touchline with the ball tucked under his gigantic arms, tried one little skink dodge to give him extra cover aaand...the skink got knocked out. No biggie, I still had 10 v 8 here. Then one saurus was BH by a zombie, and another by a golem, and another skink was KO'd. I scored in a panic, and none of the KO's got up, and all of donut's got up. From 11 v 8 I was now 8 v 11, and he had no real problem in scoring himself before the end of the half, BH-ing another saurus. 1-1, then.

None of my KO's got up again.

Oh dear me. I had a krox, three sauruses and three skinks left, he had a full team and a whole half to stroll in the touchdown at his leisure, unless I could do something absolutely amazing.

Turn 9: He fails the pickup but has it covered. My skinks are way, way back so no chance of stealing it. The remaining sauruses go about their task of fighting an entire horde with a couple of stuns.

Turn 10: He picks up and cages on the left with a ghoul. I blitz away a corner to get into contact, and try and hide my skinks from his horrid wolves. A lucky frenzy niggles his super-ghoul! Yeeeah. Still 7 v 10 though

Turn 11: cage markers go down and donut has no trouble marching that ghoul to the sideline, flanked by wolven bodyguards. I've nobody in range but two skinks. I wonder...gutterskink marks the wolves, and jump-up skink just runs into there and tries a -2 dice block. Push and skullpow means the ghoul is down and the ball is out of bounds, in the middle of my half. COME ON.

Turn 12: All skinks knocked over, wolf picks up and is about three squares from the line, well-covered.

All three skinks get up and lay their Diving Tackle upon him, and hope, I can't get any big lizards back there

Turn 13: He just needs to handoff to the ghoul to score....oh he drops the ball. Oh. OH. Krox MNG's a zombie bringing it down to 7v9, saurus blitzes zombie next to the ball, gutterskink picks up the ball from two tackle zones and pegs it, with a couple of skinks for protection.

Turn 14: That brings out the wizard, who lightning bolts gutterskink, and a wolf knocks down his supporting skink. A couple of undead go around a ghoul who picks it up and is again one turn from scoring now. Alright sod it. KROX BLITZ rolls push and skullpow so the unskilled ghoul is down and stunned again! Nothing covering the ball though.

Turn 15: He just needs to pick up with the wight and score...oh he drops it. AHAHAHA. Kroxy knocks down the covering golem on yet another KROX BLITZ. Gutterskink picks up in a tackle zone, goes for it twice to handoff to Free Parking, who runs for it. Now I'm, somehow, one turn from scoring, and the only guy who can reach the skink is a wolf under the effects of prehensile tail and diving tackle. He'll need a 6+ to dodge away.

Turn 16: He makes that 6+ dodge and flattens the skink. Oh well, he can't score now.

Full time: Magnates 1-1 Clone High

I have no idea how that happened.

Anyway that means the Magnates win the championship again. The question now forming in my mind is: should I keep going? Do you still want to crush those uppity Magnates or is it boring to have one team up there?
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 30-07-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Good writeup there from Dogpants which means I'm not going to bother too much. I'll still ramble somewhat about that match but not nearly as much as I usually do.

First drive was a nearly textbook Khemri cage run, and despite some good marking by DP I was able to knock enough players free to support the carrier to a quick Blitz and a run in of the TD. With only 2 turns to score DP was left with some fairly desperate measures to get the ball in place, and an unlikely interception by my DP/SG Skeleton left him without the luck he needed. Worth pointing out at this point that I was burning through my re-rolls like they were going out of fashion, with a superb Skull/BD on my first block of the game being the first of many annoying blocks. I also had to burn a number of re-rolls on GFIs, my team seemingly unable to run with any consistency.

Second half was much more of a mixed bag, and a crucial mistake by me took away my chance to Blitz the carrier early on. I Pushed a marking Blitz-Ra into a poor position and consequently was unable to bash a path free to the carrier. I could have just squeezed a Blitz-Ra and a Skeleton supporter into a Blitz on the carrier but thanks to my bad Push I would have had to succeed on way too many Dodges to make it practical. I also moved my safety Thro-Ra (With Dodge, Block, Fend and Tackle he's a pretty good safety player for the team) out of position to support this play and because I fluffed the Push I was unable to succeed, effectively handing the TD to DP. Here I also lost out to yet another GFI failure, so my Blitz-Ra was unsupported in his attempt to get the carrier. Ugh.

While I did have a chance to score in my final drive, DP did a good job of stalling me and I'd have had to put my carrier in Blitzing range pretty much unsupported. Since I knew just a draw would get me the promotion and AV7 is pretty fragile I chose to hold back and avoid the inevitable career-ending injury.

Overall I was pleased with the team's performance, grabbing Tackle on my Thro-Ra was really worth it as he turned two Stumbles on Dodge players into successful hits. My second Blitz-Ra is now 9 matches without a single SPP and for the fifth god-damned game in a row a bench-Skeleton who never stepped on the pitch picks up MVP. As expected with 4 Mighty Blow against 1 (On the Star Player, who spent most of the match on the floor or ineffectually Pushing players) I won the Cas game 2-0, with regen putting the Dead and BH players back on the pitch shortly after, which put 2 of my TGs within a single Cas of their next level as clearly they'll never get a damned MVP...

As the result still needs validating I'm don't know what he's rolled for his level-up so too early to speculate on what I'll grab. In a continuing saga of being only half-useful, my DP/SG Skeleton managed to get himself KOed early on and refused to wake up, and the only foul he performed in the match was a pathetic armour roll of 1+2. GAH! I'm liking Kick though so far, both kicks of the game I was able to place the ball an annoying distance away from DP's Thro-Ras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Anyway that means the Magnates win the championship again. The question now forming in my mind is: should I keep going? Do you still want to crush those uppity Magnates or is it boring to have one team up there?
    As we're 1-1-1 between our teams I'd welcome the chance for another shot against Lizards, but equally I'd have to win next season to get back into the Championship so it'd be at least a month away. Plus that's just me, I'm really not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I really thought I had you this time (not that it would have changed the season outcome at all), but I couldn't make a 3+ with TRR to save my life.

I would still like to beat the magnates, but I won't be in the Champs next season.

Hopefully my replacement ghoul can get some SPP next season, his lack of block has bit me in the ass several times now. I think he's been injured or KOd more times than he's touched the ball.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Thanks for the game Mr Dragon, I never found you on steam so i thought I should say it here.

And with that Div 1 is finished for this season and it looks like my ratz are jumping down a tier for next season.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Odin's Longboatsmen 1 - Graveyard Escapists 2

Another match plagued by either bad luck or bad decisions on my part (BB Manager posts negatives for D6 and 2D6 results, but some of that was having to take long odd chances to try and pressure). Block dice just not going in my favour either.

Norse lived up to the glass part of their name, losing the only MB empowered member of the team in the opening turn to a KO that lasted the entire match; the same fate befell the only ulfwerener on the team, who also slept off the rest of the match. Apoc managed to turn a smashed hip into a death, so that's -1MV on one of my linemen, and then another was killed later on.

I don't know. I don't mean to moan, proxyMath played good solid BB, got his fouls in (without result) and targeted his blocks well; but my first team reroll went on the first turn of the first half to try and get something better than double skulls, and his first reroll went voluntarily to change double push into something else - at the end of the first half.

Think I need to dump this team and reboot with a different race. Just massively discouraged.

(also, thanks to proxyMath for being a gent and overlooking the fact I completely forgot about the match tonight; got a bit swept up in the Olympics).

[EDIT: after further thought - and some discussion with Everblue - definitely looking to reboot next season. Think I've updated the sheet properly but please correct it if I haven't.]
    Last edited by sketchseven; 30-07-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added a bit