View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 323 of 415 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yep, barely even managed to get armour break on what should have been a easy mark. My only regret is that I let up on fouling which had been nothing but good to me.

I need to be more devout.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Anyone seen HughTower around recently? He hasn't responded to the group match organising or a private message yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Sorry boots, hugh sent me a PM the other night, real life (pah!) has taken over and he's having to drop out. He did mention he'll probably miss the last game, too.

Fair enough then, cheers Groovy.

Of course, even with the three points from the default I'm going to finish bottom of my division this season. Which after being promoted for all five of my seasons before (*) is quite the drop in form. There are some scarily developed teams up near the top and also all the luck I'd been using in those first five seasons finally ran out.

{* - admittedly at least 2 of these were finishing second and going up anyway due to dropouts/no shows, but it was still a nice stat :-) }

Actually, boots, the 2-0 default victory over hugh keeps you in tier 1, in third place, with hugh taking 4th :-)

Division H - Bishi Bashi Speshal vs Aggressive Negotiation

And I thought my last match-up was violent?

The gloves were off this match, with it looking likely to be a fairly even punch-up between Karandraz' stronger Lizards, and my more skilled orcs.

A static orc cage in the first half coaxed too many of Karandraz' lizards in, and despite the first half ending 0-0, the orcs outnumbered the lizards almost 2:1 by this point.

A valiant push by Karandraz' skinks early in the second half threatened the scoreboard, but this was denied by tackle-equipped orc blitzers.

With his numbers dwindling, Karandraz had little choice but to concede to 2 TDs, whilst doing his best to cushion any further harm to his team.

Final Score 2-0 in favour of Bishi Bashi Speshal.

Cheers for being a sport Karandraz, it must have been a frustrating match.

Network Hub
    Me (Necro) and Alini (dwarfs) played the last match of the season in DIV C

Fans get mad at Necros, 5 stunned, TD scored. A wight got murdered, an elfball TD got in. A zombie doesn't want to live anymore and another TD is scored.

In the mean time a golem was BH and a ghoul broke his ribs, while a killed dwarf got sewn back up to BH (still could get into the pitch :/)

Alini also scored a last turn TD, bringing the total to 3-1.

Bloody bloody match that secures my 5th promotion in a row.

I probably wont be able to play on August, can i drop off this season?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Actually, boots, the 2-0 default victory over hugh keeps you in tier 1, in third place, with hugh taking 4th :-)
    True, but two teams get relegated from each div in our tier don't they? I suppose if you lose to Hands there'd be three of us tied on 3 points so one team would survive with just 3 points, but seeing as my only non-loss was from a default, it would be fairer to give it you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    If I beat groovy then you'd all be on 3 points, so it goes to head to head record. HughTower beat groovy, groovy beat boots, and boots beat HughTower, so it then goes to your record against the top team, which would be a loss for all of you, so it then goes to total casualty + td difference.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Altdorf Army 4 - 4 Dread Pool

Wacky would be one way of describing this game.

Super wacky.

The first half was a story of 2 turn touchdowns. The tale of the second half was me fucking up but then pulling a magnificent one turn touchdown out of the bag to tie the game on the last turn.

A Human team with 4 catchers is really rather fun to play.

can the matches for devision K be validated please? also chadsexington tells me that we move around devisions on sunday which i will (or i think should be) moving up due to having the tie breaker, so whatever devision i end up i am away until thursday next week so dont think ive run off

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Altdorf Army 4 - 4 Dread Pool

Wacky would be one way of describing this game.

Super wacky.

The first half was a story of 2 turn touchdowns. The tale of the second half was me fucking up but then pulling a magnificent one turn touchdown out of the bag to tie the game on the last turn.

A Human team with 4 catchers is really rather fun to play.
    It was indeed a marvellously weird game.

I spent my 200k inducements on Eldril Sidewinder and boy, that was money very well spent! AH hadn't met Sidewinder before and, with both our sides were stocked full of Guard, his Hypnotic Gaze gave me advantage in each hustle. Plus a 3rd player with Pass Block was handy too - although the number of interceptions that slipped through my fingers was aggravating.

If I could, whenever I kicked I would send a lone blitzer upfield to harass AH's isolated thrower... just because. It worked out quite nicely once or twice too. :)

It looked all sewn up as I scored my 4th TD, with only one turn on the clock AH would need something special to score - and he did it, with that special LoS push to give his Sprinting catcher the extra square he needed to run it in.

When it came back to me for my final turn, I knew it was over. So my rookie assassin, whose Stabbing and Shadowing both had utterly failed throughout the match, threw a normal 3D block into the face of a catcher and killed him dead. Dangerous guy! Then one of my blitzers injured another, for good measure. That was my only Cas-based SPP of the whole match, too :)

Awesome match, and although I very nearly won I don't mind the result and the probable demotion. My witch elf hit level 2 (finally she can get Block and be competent!), another lineman hit level 2 (wonder if he'll get Guard :D ) and my third blitzer hit level 3. Awesome.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    My witch elf hit level 2 (finally she can get Block and be competent!)
    Don't worry, she will die on the next match :P

Right, season's ended and I've assigned everyone to their tier for next season.

Take a look, check I haven't made any horrendous mistakes. A coupla people got bumped up a tier after the reboots/dropouts, best 2nd places from each tier took those spots.

Live draw for your divisions will be 8pm tomorrow night in the steam group chat, as before. Then all you have to do is take your team out of your previous division and apply in-game to the new division (all instructions for doing this on the sheet. Hopefully we'll get everyone done by the following weekend. Shout before tomorrow night if anything is amiss!

P.S. - I know we're one over on skaven right now, but that's due to a returning team, so wasn't much I could do about that. It'll probably go down naturally over time as the rats die off ;-).

Activated Node
    Seems that I got cut. Couldn't find my team from the Season info tier listing. If its possible I sure would like to continue next season.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    Seems that I got cut. Couldn't find my team from the Season info tier listing. If its possible I sure would like to continue next season.
    It's there on the 4th tier.

Yeah, check the 'season info' tab, under next season tier, should be there?

I noticed a little glitch that I hope can be remedied. There are three Khemri teams in my tier. I'm pretty sure that goes over the international tomb guardian limit by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    P.S. - I know we're one over on skaven right now, but that's due to a returning team, so wasn't much I could do about that. It'll probably go down naturally over time as the rats die off ;-).
    Never!!

You may smash our puny bodies, stamp on our furry faces but we will survive!!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I noticed a little glitch that I hope can be remedied. There are three Khemri teams in my tier. I'm pretty sure that goes over the international tomb guardian limit by 8.
    Imagine if they all end up in the same div, it'll be fumbles everywhere with the lucky odd team out running around with the ball laughing maniacally.