View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 325 of 415 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 8290
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Tier 3 actually looks quite cuddly*

*fully expecting a basharific division draw now
    Im predicting an all khemri division with a bonus fodder team

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Here's an interesting cut or do not cut decision: My ogre hit lvl 5 after my final match, as he keeps getting MVP. He's not rolled any doubles and has a niggling injury. He's worth 220TV, with guard, break tackle, stand firm and now grab. I think, dpending on how my division looks, I'm going to fire him and replace him with a full roster of catchers (I have 2 after another rookie died last game), shaving 80k off my TV in the process and giving me some serious passing options. Ok class, discuss, what would you do? Is the ogre important for a developed human team?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If your Blitzers have a few levels and you have enough Guard without the Ogre, I would say do it. Whether you hire a new Ogre (try for a double again) or 4 Human Catchers it will probably do more for your team.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah I'd recycle him Groovy. Precise timing would depend on the state of your blitzers and fixture list (one drawback of the new structure is you don't even have a rough idea of what you'll face next season unless you are at the top which does crimp building plans) but it is the right move at some stage.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Im predicting an all khemri division with a bonus fodder team
    I'd take that :) Zara's stakes and the Chef are not the happiest of sights for a Khemri coach even if they are one of the few teams who can go toe-to-toe with the trio of Trees. Not the best opposition for 'flings but way better than the division I expect of either two Norse and the dwarf outfit or an all speedster rat/woody combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Yeah I'd recycle him Groovy.
    When you do it, I expect the burgers served in the arena to be quite a bit tastier than usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I don't see any big problems replacing him with a fresh ogre if you have enough guard elsewhere on the team. Having four catchers on a human team is risky though. I think the human team is fast enough with four MV 7 blitzers and two catchers. Are you planning to use the catchers in every setup or will you bench some of them against bashy teams for instance?

I was pretty sure that would be the consensus, but its nice to see what the crowd thinks. It will depend a little on my future opposition - very bashy and I might leave him there, but he's really just a mobile guard now, he never blitzes, and loses his useful tackle zone a couple of times a match anyway. My blitzers have 3/4 guard now, doubles on a lineman would be handy, but I think I'd survive most opposition without him. And I need to level some catchers! All my new ones keep dying :-D. My 2 old ones are both carrying injuries (one is AV6!) and it's only a matter of time before one of them bites the dust. I'd been holding off on getting 4 due to the bloat on my team, but I think trading the ogre for them and running 2 as defensive tackles might be the solution I'm looking for (the problem being my inability to stop elves - mighty blow/tackle failing for the second time in the season to leave my outnumbered by AV7 elves...grrr).

Network Hub
    To play devil's advocate for a moment, switching your Ogre out for extra Catchers seems like a pretty drastic change of direction. Is the rest of the team up to supporting the new playstyle as well?

I'm going to be contrary and say that I love having a developed ogre, partly for fluff reasons and partly for play. Humans don't get anybody else quite that strong or tough and I like having the option of tieing up a big guy, or rolling three dice blocks, and especially grab. Grab is awesome with a fleet of catchers as it keeps the eternal dream of one-turning alive.

Also, thanks to Zoraster, I view my team in quite a different way now. I now realise it's way too high in TV, especially now that I'm ending in the bottom leagues. And this Zara star... Holly cow.

This being said, I'm going to persist and still carry on with the same team :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Humans don't get anybody else quite that strong or tough
    Maybe not quite as tough, but groovy does have a ST5 blitzer.

@Dentharial - I think I need catchers - my blitzers are doing their job of being the tough guys, but I need to build a couple of catchers to blitz the ball carrier/act as safeties and a wrestle tackle dauntless catcher is a pretty decent option. I'll run 2 catchers on offense as pure catchers, and 2 on defence. But I haven't picked up any spps for any catcher for a long while in the upper echelons. I'm basically rebuilding my team on the fly. My blitzers are all solid (block, tackle, mighty blow, guard), as are my linemen (all block or wrestle) and I have a str 5 blitzer(!), which definitely influences this decision as I DO have someone as strong and tough as the ogre :-). At this level, even 3 dice blocks have backfired on an ogre with no doubles (no block vs a large number of blodge players) so the blitzer is a much better choice. Grab is probably more useful on the blitzers, too. I'm just not sure if he's any use to me, especially as even a str 3 player who never loses his tackle zone is more valuable, i think. He's not there for hitting any more, sadly. There's an argument to get a fresh ogre off the shelf, and hope for some doubles this time round. But I think 2 blitzing catchers might prove more useful in general play for now. I will probably regret this with the first bashy team I come across. But that's what my passing game is for :-).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    ... and I have a str 5 blitzer(!), which definitely influences this decision as I DO have someone as strong and tough as the ogre
    Except that your beloved ST5 blitzer is a special snowflake and you'll be devastated if he dies, whereas you'll be much more willing to use your Ogre to tie up that horrible C/PO/MB Nurgle warrrior.

I like the Ogre. You can shove him in there to take the hits and if he dies he dies. I imagine you'll use him very differently than your amazing blitzer.

I'd recycle your ogre to try to get one with block.

Hey, this might be out there, but is there an area (and perhaps willing participants) where the higher up teams can post their team info, skills, and perhaps some fluff about what they dealt with, or how progression went, or maybe theme of the team, so us lower scrubs can marvel at the masters of RPS bloodbowl?

@Everblue - tying up str 4/5 evil guys is what my wrestle linemen are for :-). I will be devastated if my str 5 blitzer dies, that is true, but I am selective with how I use him so far. The ogre is not so good for tying up as he inevitably boneheads out and then the other player is free. I've just found him to be fairly useless for the last few games, not mobile enough to help, always a bit adrift, unable to block many people reliably and losing his tackle zones a couple of times a game. He has been safely ignored by most opponents, and rightly so. Str 5 + guard IS useful for just standing there, and I have a soft spot for big guys, but i think I need to be hard and get rid of him for the sake of the team (especially as he is hogging SPPs).

Network Hub
    Having read all that, I'd get rid of the ogre, even get the catchers if you like, but be open to the idea of pulling a fresh one in if you come up against a bash-heavy team.

I know I had originally planned to steer clear of a troll for my orcs, but I panic-bought one when I saw Skydancer's Khemri on the calendar, and he served me very well in that one match. He's since been dead weight on my roster against the Skaven and High Elves of this season to the point I'm tempted to kick him out already, but it seems a little flamboyantly expensive to get rid of him so soon.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 06-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Having read all that, I'd get rid of the ogre, even get the catchers if you like, but be open to the idea of pulling a fresh one in if you come up against a bash-heavy team.

I know I had originally planned to steer clear of a troll for my orcs, but I panic-bought one when I saw Skydancer's Khemri on the calendar, and he served me very well in that one match. He's since been dead weight on my roster against the Skaven and High Elves of this season, to the point I'm tempted to kick him out already, but it seems a little flamboyantly expensive to get rid of him so soon.
    Put him on the line with two guys next to him, knock away the two other enemies on the line, and do a 3 dice mighty blow on the remaining posh elf or squeaky line fodder. Repeat if they score. What's not to like?

Network Hub
    That one situation is awesome, but the majority of my matches involve a lot more running around the pitch and pinning people against sidelines, and the Troll provides 3 major liabilities in that environment:
    1) He's slow, in a team that's already got 4 Black Orcs lumbering around and slowing the pace down
    2) He slows the team down even more because I ideally need to keep 1 guy by him at all times for that +2 on Really Stupid rolls
    3) I have to treat his position as unreliable, and assume that those tackle zones just might not be there soon.

All that said...goddamit, I'm playing orcs and I want to hit things. Maybe I should let him out of the cage a bit more often and see how he does.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Hey, this might be out there, but is there an area (and perhaps willing participants) where the higher up teams can post their team info, skills, and perhaps some fluff about what they dealt with, or how progression went, or maybe theme of the team, so us lower scrubs can marvel at the masters of RPS bloodbowl?
    I haven't checked, but I wonder if our top tiers of players are regularly posting their matches into BBManager? High level BB replays are always good for us newbies to learn the game, and you can also get funky tables and stat pages to download too.