View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 333 of 415 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 8290
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yup, Div M.

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Yep, will make a necro team this afternoon. Apply them to division M I assume?
    Team accepted, all looks to be correct and running...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    First game in Division I ended with a 2-1 victory for my WElfs against sketchseven's humans.

My play was okay but two oversights nearly cost my the touchdowns. (Especially as the dice seemed to be slightly in favour of sketchseven, most importantly when it came to rolling crucial POWs). One lineelf got his AV reduced while another one gained -ST in the last block of the match, promptly apo'd to dead. I've picked the -ST but I'll ponder if I want to keep a 2ST lino (1SPP) and build him as a fouler/kicker or use the lino merc in the next matches. Opinions?

Apart from that my Wardancer leveled up and three linos got 1 SPP through passing so MVP's an option. Can an admin validate the match?

Hmm, am I blind or is there no Division M subforum for match planning?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Really? Unverified results generally at least show in the calender screen don't they?

There were issues - the second half was plagued with sync errors (KEEP HITTING YES) and it got stuck at "retrieving data from server" after the match, although it did come back to life for me. Possibly it never did for Jarvis so it only has "my side" of the result.
    The screen came back for me. I was mildly relieved when the man of the match didn't go to a dead player.

It was definitely 0-2 travesty, at one point I thought it might actually go higher against me until I managed a lucky dodge pickup dodge back up the field (briefly).
    Last edited by Jarvis; 16-08-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    One lineelf got his AV reduced while another one gained -ST in the last block of the match, promptly apo'd to dead. I've picked the -ST but I'll ponder if I want to keep a 2ST lino (1SPP) and build him as a fouler/kicker or use the lino merc in the next matches. Opinions?
    Cut him as soon as you've got the money. You are paying for the full 3ST after all. 1SPP is nothing you'll be missing and there is a chance that this guy will get some MVPs in the future if you keep him. Go for a merc.
    Forum janitor in training.

probably not, we've not made it as high (low?) as DivM before...

use this thread until we get a chance to birth the org thread.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    the dice seemed to be slightly in favour of sketchseven, most importantly when it came to rolling crucial POWs
    I had just finished playing his dark elves in the challenge league with my necro team, and most of the match consisted of Nuffle slapping Sketchseven with his own hand and saying "stop hitting yourself" in a squeaky voice.
    He was probably due some good rolls, is what I'm saying. Skull skull rerolled to skull skull near the start of your turn is pretty harsh.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 16-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Cut him as soon as you've got the money. You are paying for the full 3ST after all. 1SPP is nothing you'll be missing and there is a chance that this guy will get some MVPs in the future if you keep him. Go for a merc.
    Well I don't have the money as I'm currently saving for the second and maybe third RR and then to buy a catcher. But yeah, you probably right.

Network Hub
    Elven players are so expensive and fragile that there's no reason not to abuse journeymen as much as possible while saving your money for more important expenses. Just stick them on LoS and if they get hurt, who cares. You'll get a new one for your next match. Once you get your positionals and RRs, you can start investing on linemen.

Of course, having a deep bench helps in many ways, but I'm not sure if any wood elven team can afford to keep one in the early stage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    One reroll? ONE REROLL? Yeah, sack the -ST lineman and just use a journeyman, it's not like loner will matter much if you've only got one reroll anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Minus strength makes him nigh useless, far more so than minus move or minus agility.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'd rather a journeyman I can go on to buy get mvp over a -st lineman.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Strength loss is way better than loss of agility or movement on a wood elf lino in my opinion. It really depends on how you play them but I throw very few blocks at all with Wood Pansy teams, and virtually none with the linos. They are key for setting up partitions and screens, so I'd take a -ST over a JM if I had rerolls to use or wouldn't be able to buy a replacement for a long while.

I've just looked at your team and seen you have also got a -AV lino too. That is the one I'd cut first but I'd hang onto them both while they are sitting out your next game anyway. You can make a more informed choice when you know how much cash you have and what further injuries you've suffered.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'd rather a journeyman I can go on to buy get mvp over a -st lineman.
    Not going to be an option. Wolf wants to cut linos in the short term, not buy more of them. Once he gets his positionals he'll be needing to remove at least three of the current linos. The first applications are in :)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    That game against Weasel truly was horrible in terms of the little white cubes screwing me over. A 7 man gang foul on a downed Flesh Golem - only stunned (encouraged Weasel to score though, which was kind of the point. I needed the ball back). Roll double BD rerolling to double BD? Tick. Double skulls rerolled to double skulls? Tick. 2+ Dodge roll fail (with reroll)? Tick tick tick.

As for Wolfenswan's match, I was getting a lot of knockdowns (pows and defender stumbles) but hardly any injuries (the two cas were very late on in the game ... actually the -ST I think was the very last block of the game - felt a bit bad about that). I think it got slightly crazy when I threw an end-of-turn defender-picks two dice block and got double pows. Ah well.

Roll on week two.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Cut him now. There's no reason to drag around dead weight when a merc will play better than your cripple.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Obscure Node
    looks like groovy has set one up XD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yes, finally got one created, apologies new (and returning guys) for missing that one.

Additionally, I'm off on holidays tomorrow until next sunday (26th), so I'll need the admins to cover a bit more whilst I'm away. I'm sure they'll look after you. No coups whilst I'm away, ok?

Thank you!