View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 344 of 415 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,880 of 8290
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I can get stand firm on normal rolls (course, he only has one left after this), which slightly puts me off sidestep. I'd be more inclined if he already had guard. And yeah, jump up, or dodge. Basically, everything is good, but is one thing more gooderer?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Break tackle? I know it's a normal roll, but AG 5 dodging will get you into a cage nicely will it not?

EDIT Ah scratch that - dodge is still better. Dodge for me.

EDIT EDIT - Shadowing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    When I played you he was mostly being used as your ball carrier. If you're still using him for that I'd go with dodge for added staying-uprightness and getting-placesness. Alternatively, don't be afraid to ignore the double: if you just want to hit things with him every turn, frenzy would be pretty awesome on him, or piling on (even if I suspect he might get fouled a bit). I'd agree sidestep's a bit of a waste if you can get stand firm on a normal roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One other question - would it be possible to roll on Division K now? We've all played our games, and unexpectedly I have the whole evening free tonight.

If I can get hold of Mr Joose then we might have a chance of getting our game in early and I'm pretty busy the next few days, so that would help me out a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Break tackle? I know it's a normal roll, but AG 5 dodging will get you into a cage nicely will it not?

EDIT Ah scratch that - dodge is still better. Dodge for me.

EDIT EDIT - Shadowing?
    AG5 into a cage is a 1/2 chance (4+), AG3 is 1/6 chance, or with dodge 11/36 (~31%), so even without a reroll break tackle is better at getting into cages, and it'd be 75% with a reroll.

Dodge is better for a lot of other stuff, but break tackle would make him pretty good against cages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Dodge is better for a lot of other stuff, but break tackle would make him pretty good against cages.
    Yeah, but for me a 50% failure chance (25% with a reroll) is too high, especially for such a valuable piece. I would take dodge for the other stuff.

75% chance of getting a blitz (almost certainly 2D with that monster) on a caged ball carrier gives an overall 54% chance of knocking them down, 65% if the ball carrier doesn't have block. It's worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Good write up nie, neatly sums it up i think. I slightly rode my luck all game on one-dice moves (although ended up with average dice overall - i ended a fair few turns with skulls).
    From my side it looked like most the skulls were turnovers because you'd already burned a reroll on a GFI earlier in the turn ;)

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    and General Zod's murderlising of yet another player (who shouldn't have been left parked next to a str5 mighty blow player really) means he got a level again, my first (ever?) level 6 player.
    Yeah, should've dodged the wolf away but tackle really puts me off making AG3 dodges, and as it was at the end of the turn I didn't have enough time to work out the odds properly. Plus without the wolf marking him he could've got unpleasantly close to the golem with the ball (still gutted he didn't get a TD for that magnificent break out). All these mistakes are clear with hindsight, and at least I've now got a chance for some doubles or stats on a fresh wolf.

As for Zod's skills, without an ogre I'd have a really difficult time looking past guard. This is the last skill he'll get (another 100 SPPs before he levels again), with only three other natural guard pieces even with his strength 5 the rest of the team could find themselves being mistreated in a bashy game. Guard or dodge basically - is he a lone star or a team player?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    One other question - would it be possible to roll on Division K now? We've all played our games, and unexpectedly I have the whole evening free tonight.

If I can get hold of Mr Joose then we might have a chance of getting our game in early and I'm pretty busy the next few days, so that would help me out a lot...
    Div k rolled.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks Zoraster!

Would someone be so kind as to roll on the CHAOS DIVISION OF CHAOTIC CHAOSNESS (and one dwarf team), aka Div 2?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ST5 Human Blitzer with all the bells and whistles? Frenzy. Will completely change how opponents set-up against you.

Plus increased murder chances.

Can somebody validate my game in div G please? I've got important skillups to decide... :(
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Could div G be rolled as well? All matches have been completed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    That's Div D. done with a ratty win 2-1 against Desvergehs violent orcs.

Helio and I have been having some calendar conflicts. Would we be able to get an extension until tomorrow night please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Myself and 'hands had an absolute monster battle at the top of the championship, between my nurgle mans and his ridiculoous stat monster elves. It was an epic game, 1-1 after the first half, my mans defended valiantly for almost the entire 2nd half, but I ended up being elfed out of a draw on the last turn, to lose 2-1, which means (as far as I can tell) he wins the Divisions for this season, congrats hands!

You bastard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congrats 'hands!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Jiiiiiiiiiim is dethroned? Congratulations Chainsawhands!

This is fabulous news!! The reign of capitalist terror has fallen! (for now)
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS