View Poll Results: What should the new look divisions look like?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change! I fear change!

12 29.27%
  • Triplets! I love triplets!

9 21.95%
  • GC's lovely 1-2-quad based tier system. It's clearly the best!

20 48.78%
Page 346 of 415 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 8290
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    It hasn't been yet, so if you can manage to play it today you may still have a chance.
    Eard has been off Steam for a few days so I guess we're out of luck.

Played div G match vs joey today - the battle of the bads to see who is relegated down.

My Norse vs Joeys chaos.

I come in minus two positionals, an unskilled wolf and a blodging sidestepper, so Joey only gets 130k in inducements, picking two babes.

I win the toss and set up to maximize my claw MB yeti on his AV9 chaos warriors. Kickoff results a pitch invasion, knocking two of joeys beast men down. I open up by surfing a beastman, and moving my guys around. Then the nuffling starts. Joey can not get anything right - he's getting knocked down on every turn and skulling out. He's used his rerolls by turn 4 and I havent touched any.

My yeti is near useless with the Animal rolls while he is able to move his Minotaur around freely - whether or not he is attacking. I do manage to get a MNG on a chaos warrior and a KO on mother with my yeti, so it's not all bad.

Im able to surf a few more bodies and walk in a TD by turn 4.

Joey gets the ball but is not able to make it out of his own half by halftime.

The second half is more of the same - good kick, deep. I'm able to get three of my own on top of the ball carrier while keeping the rest of his team busy. I manage to knock down the ball carrier and scoop it up myself, at which point Joey gets cyanided and can only move one player. It's no big loss as there is really nothing he can do at this point - I outnumber him 2:1 and have markers everyone.

I manage to push (and KO) the chaos warrior marking the ball and scoop it with my wolf (ok, two turns). I dash using both GFI, end my turn, and do the same for a TD.

My Norse 2, joeys chaos 0.

My MVP was actually well picked - my wolf, with an injury and a TD. He was 1 spp from gaining two levels.

GG Joey and enjoy the lower tier ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Is it possible to roll Division I on at all? I think both matches have been done.

An important question - I leveled one wulf (norse) to level 2. He is also 1SPP from level 3.

I've been toying with the idea of MB as a method to ensure he gets that 1SPP in his next match, at which point he gets either block to be more reliable, or guard, as my team is sorely lacking in it.

Should I just go with the guard/block and suck it up until he gets his needed SPP?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    An important question - I leveled one wulf (norse) to level 2. He is also 1SPP from level 3.

I've been toying with the idea of MB as a method to ensure he gets that 1SPP in his next match, at which point he gets either block to be more reliable, or guard, as my team is sorely lacking in it.

Should I just go with the guard/block and suck it up until he gets his needed SPP?
    For my first ulf I went with block->mighty blow->guard route and didn't regret it. Since he was my primary blitzer at the time he levelled up pretty quickly. My other ulf, on the other hand is stuck at 7 spps and st5. Blockless, he is a sad ulfwerener who can't be relied upon. I'd say it depends on the next match up. If you're facing av7 team I'd get MB first.

What's the general opinion on ag4 linemen? A rookie norse lineman got +ag and I'm not sure if he's now a waste of TV or not. It also distracts him from his main duty of standing in the danger's way. I suppose he's a little more mobile now but, without dodge, not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    For my first ulf I went with block->mighty blow->guard route and didn't regret it. Since he was my primary blitzer at the time he levelled up pretty quickly. My other ulf, on the other hand is stuck at 7 spps and st5. Blockless, he is a sad ulfwerener who can't be relied upon. I'd say it depends on the next match up. If you're facing av7 team I'd get MB first.

What's the general opinion on ag4 linemen? A rookie norse lineman got +ag and I'm not sure if he's now a waste of TV or not. It also distracts him from his main duty of standing in the danger's way. I suppose he's a little more mobile now but, without dodge, not by much.
    dedicated ball-pick-er-upper? AG4 + kickoff return can have him scoop and bring to a more important person in a cage to save you some time. Though, thats an awful lot of TV.. though, he could potentially speed up all your drives by 1 turn

Lesser Hivemind Node

Do you have anyone else with AG4 on your team?

Yes) He is a waste of TV.
    No) He is the most precious piece in your entire team. He is so wonderful and valuable you should treasure him and love him and hold him close.

AG4 opens up so many avenues for AG3 teams. At crucial moments you can play like an Elf.

DivC

Cubo vs my Rats.

Utter disaster, the kind of game which causes ragequits or teams to retire...

Cubo won 2-0
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    What's the general opinion on ag4 linemen?
    I quite like them, they're only 60K and give my opponents something to hit that isn't one of my important players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    If they don't get a double for guard within the first couple of skills, be more ruthless than I can and sack them.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about elves. Norse lineman with Ag4 should get kickoff return for picking the ball up. Keep him fo sho.

Hardwood Harpies (Bastard Wood Elves - Drawlien) vs. The Dead Comic Society (Useless Khemri - Me)

3 - 1

3rd loss in 4 matches for the Comics, in another utterly utterly depressing (Even with only 6 players on the pitch, they still scored against 11 Khemri. I mean seriously. Sigh) fashion means I'm stepping out of Bloodbowl for a while. Getting to the point where I don't even look forward to matches, so I need a break from these pathetic Khemri for a few seasons. That and I've got a holiday, my first in ~2 years(!), incoming in 4weeks and I'll thus be busy for a further month and unable to play matches.

So I'm out for next season, probably the one after, and may be back the following one but possibly not on this frustrating team.

Oh and that match got Cyanide-ed resulting in a network unsync which killed the match in the penultimate turn. This means my stupid-ass team manages to miss out on the injury SPPs so further anger.
    Last edited by JayTee; 03-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Yes devision G was not fun, 3 games, 0 td's, 0 level ups

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    If they don't get a double for guard within the first couple of skills, be more ruthless than I can and sack them.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about elves. Norse lineman with Ag4 should get kickoff return for picking the ball up. Keep him fo sho.
    Maybe you should use them instead of a thrower? Bin both your throwers and keep this guy - he can pass the ball better, pick up the ball better, and he's cheaper in TV terms.

Just a thought...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Maybe you should use them instead of a thrower? Bin both your throwers and keep this guy - he can pass the ball better, pick up the ball better, and he's cheaper in TV terms.

Just a thought...
    He can only pass the ball better if you are able and willing to use a team re-roll on him. As the target number is higher than most normal agility rolls (i.e. dodge rolls) the improvement from AG3 to AG 4 isn't as profound). Also, due to the fumble rules Pass is a way more important re-roll skill than Dodge is.

Short Pass at AG4 is a 3+ target so 66%
    Short Pass at AG3 with Pass is a 4+ target so 75%.

Long Bombs at AG4 is a 5+ target with a fumble on 1-3 so 33% to make the pass with 50% chance of fumble
    Long Bombs at AG3 with Pass is a 6+ target with a fumble on 1-3 so 30% to make the Pass with a 25% chance of fumbling if that's what you are concerned about.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Cubo vs my Rats.
    Utter disaster, the kind of game which causes ragequits or teams to retire...
    Cubo won 2-0
    Oh, come now, it was only half bad -- I quite enjoyed myself! And look on the bright side: only one ratperson was killed and he was just a lino!

One interesting fact I learned from that match is that if you use the wizard to stun an opponent's player on his turn, he'll be effectively out for two turns.

Thanks for the advice, guys. The difficulty in assessing that ag4 is that I just got a surehanded thrower who's about as good in the ball handling tasks as the lino currently is. I'll just have to see how he performs. He could be a receiver, though, as it looks like both of my runners will be doing marking duties.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 03-09-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice, guys. The difficulty in assessing that ag4 is that I just got a surehanded thrower who's about as good in the ball handling tasks as the lino in question would be. I'll just have to see how he performs. He could be a receiver, though, as it looks like both of my runners will be doing marking duties.
    I think it's important to bear in mind that a lot of the tactics discussions you get on the forum only really apply to when you're playing to your team's playbook, but... this is Blood Bowl, and things will almost certainly screw up for you at least once per match. It's at times such as those that players that might otherwise seem redundant can contribute massively to a match.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for the advice, guys. The difficulty in assessing that ag4 is that I just got a surehanded thrower who's about as good in the ball handling tasks as the lino currently is. I'll just have to see how he performs. He could be a receiver, though, as it looks like both of my runners will be doing marking duties.
    Yes, he is your go to reception guy now. As you say he's no better at picking up and passing the ball than your thrower, but he's now waaaaay better than anyone on your team at catching the ball and penetrating the opposition lines.

Even standing in an opponent's tackle zone he's got a real good chance of receiving an accurate pass with a team re-roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One interesting fact I learned from that match is that if you use the wizard to stun an opponent's player on his turn, he'll be effectively out for two turns.
    Yeah, that's quite a nasty bug. Even if you don't break armour, the player is effectively stunned, and if you break armour the player is down for three turns. Seems to happen every time.

Helio hit me with a nice fireball in a game last season that hit three players, so three automatic stuns. It lead to a touchdown directly, in a game which we eventually drew 2-2, in a league where I finished 1 point behind the eventual winner. Hey ho...!

Activated Node

Div D: Lucky Lycanthropes vs. Rattatatz

mrpier and I squared off this morning for the division title. His skaven had a decent TV advantage over me, giving me a bribe and some babes. Rattatatz kicked off, with my necros attempting to claim as much space on the pitch as they could (and succeeding; thanks to the bribe, I KO'd a linerat in the first turn). Unfortunately, I miscalculated just how far those damn gutter runners could sprint, letting mrpier get two of them on my ball carrier; then, beautifully, he rolled double-dodges for two blocks in a row, letting me stay on my feet and continue advancing. Which I did with a mean, bashy cage, focusing as much on injuring rats as advancing. mrpier did succeed in bringing down the ball, with his damn obscenely-skilled gutter runners bulling their way in, but I recovered it without too much difficulty; only to have the werewolf who caught it brought down on the next turn (damn Wrestle). So began some scrambling, with my necros having a tough time picking up the ball, but an easy time knocking down any rats within reach. mrpier successfully got the ball, and attempted to pass it away; but failed the pass, and instead handed it off to an adjacent gutter runner, who I promptly injured. More scrambling, more rat-hurting; but eventually I got the ball onto a werewolf who was able to make it clear. He handed off to a wight who needed the SPPS, and 1-0 on turn 8. The turn 8 kickoff rolled a clock rewind though, so I couldn't just enjoy a quiet turn of rat-punching, but actually had to play, to keep mrpier's feisty gutter runners from getting a score in. I did wind up using my bribe, though, after an unproductive foul. 1-1.

In the second half, I had the amazing luck to roll a Blitz! on the kickoff, with a werewolf able to get under the ball and make the catch. Of course, it was by the sideline, so I shouldn't have; he was immediately crowdsurfed, with the ball bouncing to the far side of the field for a picture-perfect recovery by mrpier. Sigh. I'm always too greedy with a Blitz! mrpier got the ball easily, zipped it upfield and scored; my only consolation was maiming another linerat. But on the return kick, I rolled a High Kick; recovered the ball and caged up in the middle of the field. mrpier proceeded to have some bad luck with Wild Animal rolls, and a failed dodge, which gave me a huge advantage pushing upfield. I didn't have much trouble punching past the rats in my way, and a ghoul ran in a TD on turn 13. 2-1.

On the next setup, mrpier got cyanided; cheated out of one of his players, he had to play with just 8 rats on the field. It didn't matter, he still scored a two-turner. I injured another rat. 2-2.

Sweltering heat on the kickoff, rather than the Blitz! mrpier was hoping for. Nothing of any real consequence happened, though, and the match finished with no further excitement.

Lucky Lycanthropes 2 - 2 Rattatatz

A delightful game! Very fun, and an exemplary Skaven game, where his rats got bullied around by my necros and were fast enough to score plenty anyway. I was truthfully happy to settle for the draw; with five injured rats on the sideline by the end, I'm pretty sure I'll win the div in tiebreakers, earning myself a coveted promotion up to Tier 1! Where I will surely be destroyed. But an excellent game, a very good time, and my praise to all of Div D for an excellent season.

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    Eard has been off Steam for a few days so I guess we're out of luck.
    I've moved M on to the last round now at last.